Ideal Protein Diet - What happens if i skip a meal on ideal protein? im worry please help

MusicLover23
07-08-2012, 06:06 PM
I skipped a meal yesturday because i felt like throwing up so i didnt do my lunch, but then i forced myself to eat the rest of the ip food... today i feel better really dont know what was wrong with me :(

vovo
07-08-2012, 06:29 PM
I skipped a single meal my first week of IP because I just felt too ill/nauseous to consume anything (from withdrawal symptoms on 2nd day). I still lost 5lbs and a total of 6inches (1% body

This last week (my 2nd week) I accidentally skipped my evening snack because I fell asleep early and hadn't turned on a snack alarm. For my 2nd WI, I lost 4lbs and total of 3.5 more inches.

Definitely stay On Progress and do all your vitamins and meals and veggies - but if you've only skipped one meal, I think you'll be ok (especially since you forced the rest of the IP packet).

I'm still new (starting my 3rd week), but from my understanding, it's just really important not to skip meals because 1. we're already consuming a very low number of calories and 2. we don't want our bodies to think it's going into starvation/mess with our metabolism.

Aussieluver
07-08-2012, 06:37 PM
I accidentally "forgot" to eat an IP several times last week (too darn hot and humid here!!!). I actually didn't even know it until my WI ... I was told that it is important to do all of the daily IP (2 packets and 1 restricted) or you will start to burn muscle ... apparently we need the protein that each IP meal gives us so that we burn fat and not muscle. I can't imagine that 1 would matter, but I missed several and didn't lose as much weight at last WI (but then again, it was TOM). I actually have to remind myself to do the packets ... veggies aren't a problem though :O)

Samba
07-09-2012, 08:03 AM
Surely it will be okay if you miss a meal. I got sick and missed more than one. But, it is important that overall you consistently get the food in as described in the plan. Day to day, follow the plan for best results. Don't try to manipulate things by skipping, etc. A messed up day can happen though, I know. Just go back to the eating plan the next!

MusicLover23
07-11-2012, 07:00 PM
THank you very much everybody for replying i feel so much better now! and of course i will be following the plan 100% now :)