Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-07-2012, 04:56 PM   #1  
I'm wide awake

S/C/G: 202/184/126

Height: 5FT

Default ben and jerrys sundae - why should i feel guilty?

So i've just chomped down a HUGE ben and jerrys sundae. Half of me feels guilty and the other half doesnt because it tasted soooo good. It's crazy how all of a sudden these binges take hold. A couple of hours ago I wouldn't have dreamt about eating ice cream but I kind of got this urge that I just had to have it. I think it was because all my meals today were not that enjoyable (i had been trying some quorn) and I was feeling a bit down. Sounds like excuses right? But im not going to beat myself up to much about. I have done well this week and before I started healthy eating and going to the gym I would have eaten kfc AND a ben and jerrys. Sometimes you need an odd treat to get your motivation back up and right on track.
skinnypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 05:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: See tracker :3

Height: 5'5

I admire and completely agree with the fact that you aren't beating yourself up about it. There simply is no need. :]

So good job on doing well this week and good job on your amazing weight loss so far!
DandelionCupcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:59 AM   #3  
I'm wide awake

S/C/G: 202/184/126

Height: 5FT

Thanks hun, I enjoyed it, it made me smile and today im back on with the weightloss x
skinnypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 02:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: See tracker :3

Height: 5'5

Good! Keep truckin'
DandelionCupcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 150/see tracker/110

Height: 5'1"

Congratulations. In my opinion, avoiding binge foods altogether is hard, but it takes a lot of strength to stop after you've made a mistake.
CoffeeFueledUnicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:19 PM   #6  

Height: 4'11"

I totally relate to what you said about having not enjoyed your meals for the day. When I eat things I don't like (for money reasons, or otherwise), I feel resentful/angry that I ate something I didn't like (because I "wasted" a meal on something I wished I hadn't eaten), and then feel like I need to "reward" myself by eating something else later on that I will REALLY enjoy.

I have tried some of the quorn products, and I don't especially enjoy their flavor, either...

Good for you for not beating yourself up and getting back on the wagon!!
ravensglen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:46 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 208/162/140

Height: 5"3

Let the icecream go :~) we all have road bumps. I used to slip up and eat a pint of that now I will have one of the mini tubs and not worry because I am not having it for enjoyment, it's only ice cream but it used to be much much more in my mind.

Slip ups will happen its more the day to day feelings about food that count and sometimes a nice treat makes us feel better but in time hopefully normal day to day food will not make you sad, but it is the loss of a friend, crutch but it will become less of struggle, takes me about 4 =-6 weeks for my palette to change and when it does I am craving what I am used to eating.

I used to be like that with veg (except potatos), I would avoid it, I couldnt even remember that I LOVED some of them and how GOOD they tasted because I was worried about being sad or unfulfilled if I ate them when I could be eating simple carbs or sugar, it was always junk food=good.. I want good stuff, I want as much good stuff in my life as possible and I didn't have self worth, friends, hope.. but I had food..sigh.

I know you said you enjoyed it and now you're back on track but at some point you will finally kick that getting too much enjoyment or relief from food and it will only happen in a balanced way once a blue moon.

You're proabably early on in your journey because I used to say well before I would of used to eat x AND z and now I only have x.. which did actually help in fairness well done because it takes a while to move on from old habit or rituals.

Only in the last number of months I have been able to feel more balanced towards food, I am no longer worrying about it (too much time before or after the food), it will get so much easier you did the right things by making it just a binge meal and not a binge day, week... number of months ^^,

You'll be in control of it in time, no need for guilt.
swissy is offline   Reply With Quote