Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Friday 7/6/12

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Friday 7/6/12

Chloe222
07-06-2012, 06:58 AM
IP 3FC Daily Chat page
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&key=9f9264e42953da99aaf61d768***1a5b&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.3fatchicks.com%2Fforum%2Fidea l-protein-diet%2F257116-ip-daily-chat-tuesday-4-17-12-a.html&v=1&libid=1334750474271&out=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.trantiendiet.com%2Fsite%2FIMG %2Fpdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.3fatchicks.com%2Fforum%2Fidea l-protein-diet-236%2F&title=IP%20Daily%20Chat%20Tuesday%204%2F17%2F12%20-%203%20Fat%20Chicks%20on%20a%20Diet%20Weight%20Los s%20Community%20Ideal%20Protein%20Diet&txt=The%20Unbalanced%20Diet%20Approach%20to%20a%20 Slimmer%20You%20&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13347504824051)

Chloe222
07-06-2012, 07:07 AM
Good morning all,
Hope all had a great day yesterday and are gearing up for an even better OP day today!

We're heading into the summer doldrums. Big June/July holidays are over and we have this relentless heatwave in the US. However, the silver lining is that this is a perfect time for focusing on our health and with that, our program to drop excess weight.

I tried LizRR's idea that you might lose more per week if you don't exercise. Yep, just like they tell us at the IP meetings and in Dr Tran's book. So, I gave it a try. Seems like this might work, will continue to try it for the next week. My results, lost 3.4 pounds this week. Since I post my weekly weigh ins, take a look. Losing 3.4 pounds in 1 week is huge for me. So happy about that! Felt like I was in the 150's forever. Anyway, the exercise ban continues for another week. I still stretch and walk the dog, etc but no weight lifting or intense anything.

Stay cool and drink plenty of water my friends!

NOVAScents
07-06-2012, 08:42 AM
Good morning everyone!

It's going to be another hot one here today! My plan for today is to clean, clean, clean so we can play all day tomorrow (our pool finally opens!!)!

Having a good weight loss week. My no bars change seems to be helping. I found that the alternative puddings I was using had too many carbs and therefore I was getting two restricted a day- OUCH! Placing a new order this morning and getting myself back on track ;)

usmcvet
07-06-2012, 08:43 AM
It feels great to be home. Wev have been on vacation since Sunday. It was nice sleeping in my own bed last night. My back appreciated it too!

salmongirl
07-06-2012, 09:13 AM
Welcome home USMCVET! I hope you had a great time!

Today kicks off a big celebratory weekend here in Salmon so it be a busy weekend!

I hope everyone has a great day and stays OP!

sanaroph
07-06-2012, 09:37 AM
Good Friday morning all :wave: Have been busy the past few weeks with some renovations in the house so have not been around. It was hard to stay OP then too as I was out a lot and did not have enough packets so I ate lean protein instead. Had a weigh in this AM at 830A but ahm just woke up (thanks to a charlie horse at 430a) so had to reschedule for monday (heading out of town for the day and have no time). At least this visit does not include multiple visits to home depot :lol:

Wishing everyone a great OP day and weekend :carrot:

SewingMomma
07-06-2012, 09:42 AM
Happy Friday everyone. Not much going on. I have to make a supermarket run today for veggies. Hopefully my kids are in a stay home mood because I don't have anything planned for them today.

DanafromAustin
07-06-2012, 09:46 AM
TGIF, and I have my son almost all packed for summer camp. The packing list seems to go on forever. He leaves for camp in CA tomorrow.

Since l gained lean muscle mass and lost body fat this past week, I'm trying to figure out what I did differently this past week and what I can do to make it happen again next week. The only difference is that I increased the amount of weights I lift. So, last night I was back in the gym really pushing it. Not sure if that is the answer, but at least my scale says I'm down a pound overnight, so something good came out of it.

Hope everyone has a good Friday...:)

Kaypix
07-06-2012, 09:49 AM
Good morning everyone! My daily weigh in for my chart confirmed it...I am losing like a mo'fo! Yesterday's yuckiness feeling must have been my body losing lots of fat. I'm down another 0.4 pounds, 166.2...really freaking strange for me to lose this much in a week...so it's 3.6 pounds lost as of today, half way through week 10 (WI 11 is Monday)...soooo bizarre!

I'm struggling with the idea that I'll have a regain this weekend sometime, just for no particular reason, don't know why I'm such a pessimist...oh well. I'm off to get ready for work, have a great day everyone!

SewingMomma
07-06-2012, 09:57 AM
TGIF, and I have my son almost all packed for summer camp. The packing list seems to go on forever. He leaves for camp in CA tomorrow.

Since l gained lean muscle mass and lost body fat this past week, I'm trying to figure out what I did differently this past week and what I can do to make it happen again next week. The only difference is that I increased the amount of weights I lift. So, last night I was back in the gym really pushing it. Not sure if that is the answer, but at least my scale says I'm down a pound overnight, so something good came out of it.

Hope everyone has a good Friday...:)
I hope you figure it out. Gaining lean muscle is a good thing! I know you want to keep that up! I hope you son has a great time at camp. Mine are doing some day camps around here. They don't want to head off to residential camps, and that's fine with me. :)

mompattie
07-06-2012, 09:58 AM
WHOOT WHOOT Kaypix, awesome WI!!

Usmvet - sleeping in ones own bed after a time away is like heaven on earth!! We just got home from camping, and I so totally hear you!!

Have a great Friday everyone!!!! Take care out there and lets continue to rock this!! Blessings to all!

IPdivajen
07-06-2012, 10:14 AM
Morning all! I'm sitting at home on my couch in my pjs - yay for Friday's off! Just about to make myself something breakfast related. :)

Dana, every time I see your avatar and siggy pics I just keep repeating what an amazing job you've done. You look absolutely incredible and just so quietly confident, if that makes any sense. It's a great air about you. :) Hope your son has a great time at camp!

I'm chillin out much more this week than in weeks past. The scale is slowly but surely moving in the right direction and the addition of floralax has been life changing. I have to take massive doses of iron for this weird anemia I have and it's really been messing with my system so the floralax has been an awesome addition. Thank goodness!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

julied31
07-06-2012, 10:29 AM
Bleh....just finished my iced coffee shake with vanilla pudding. Forgot to make coffee last night, so had to use hot coffee this morning. Never got cold enough for my liking. Plus, the vanilla pudding did not shake up well, so I was eating chunks. Not a good start to the day!! Plus, I'm UP 3 pounds since Monday. Really not sure what's going on. Maybe the heat here is playing havoc with me....who knows. That I'm not really too upset about. I know that I'm eating what I'm supposed to, etc.

I did fit into a pair of pants this morning that I couldn't wear last summer. So, happy about that!!

Have a great day everyone!!

Ravenswood2012
07-06-2012, 10:53 AM
Good Morning;

Great WI ~ Down 5.4 pounds this week!! Yes!!! :dancer:

CarCamMom
07-06-2012, 10:53 AM
Bleh....just finished my iced coffee shake with vanilla pudding. Forgot to make coffee last night, so had to use hot coffee this morning. Never got cold enough for my liking. Plus, the vanilla pudding did not shake up well, so I was eating chunks. Not a good start to the day!! Plus, I'm UP 3 pounds since Monday. Really not sure what's going on. Maybe the heat here is playing havoc with me....who knows. That I'm not really too upset about. I know that I'm eating what I'm supposed to, etc.

I did fit into a pair of pants this morning that I couldn't wear last summer. So, happy about that!!

Have a great day everyone!!

I'm blaming everything on this heat....crabby kids,crabby husband, crazy trip to WalMart, etc...you name, blame it on the heat. I heard today is the last day of it, though. Better days are coming! Then those extra pounds will just slide off!

shathom
07-06-2012, 11:17 AM
Good Friday morning all, it is another hot day in Florida :sunny: :beach:with a chance for thunderstorms... we need the rain but when it rains it really rains lately, we got 5 inches during Debby and another inch on the 4th :rain:. It could be worse, we could be in a draught like last summer. Have a great day all!

Lopes89
07-06-2012, 11:27 AM
Has anyone cheated and had a vodka tonic?? Will it throw me out of ketosis? Weight gain?

LizRR
07-06-2012, 11:37 AM
Howdy folks - wish me luck! Have WI#18 today at 1pm! I'm treating myself to a massage at 4pm....I told preschool I had a work meeting until 5pm, so they are keeping the little guy longer today (I usually pick him up at 3pm - but they are pretty flexible), so I know he'll be in good hands!

I have a pile of clothes that I'm going to exchange at a consignment store for credit. My first pile I sold at rock bottom prices at a garage sale - but they were pretty much all run down Old Navy size 14/16s & XL. But this next batch are from younger, single (smaller) days and a little nicer - so I think I can probably get more for them and figured consignment credit is the way to go - not all of them are pregnancy appropriate/growable. Hopefully will be swapping out a few more times! I am seriously down to the barebones - my closet looks like it's been robbed.

Hey Dana, I had the same thing last week - and hoping for it again this week. Same for me, as far as I gained lean mass last week (for the first time) and my only difference was (finally) increasing my weights. I had been pretty hesitant to do it, since I didn't want to increase intensity too much - it's still not as much as I did before - but I definitely feel the soreness. I think it's just so individual to find that balance - plus I think there was just a 'tipping point' for me as far as lean mass loss - I had been doing intense lifting up until day 1 of IP, so stopping cold turkey for 8 weeks probably contributed to that body comp change.

Last week I had a 2lb gain most of the week which eventually whooshed away to a -2lb overall loss and 4lb lean mass increase. This week I've also had a 2lb gain, which looks like I whooshed away this morning - we'll see what body comp tells me at my official WI today at 1pm!

I had to make my spinach smoothie with instant coffee & cold water this morning because I forgot to make & chill my coffee last night. The smoothie just doesn't come out 'right' with hot liquids, plus it just tastes better cold - especially in this HEAT! Don't sweat the scale - I've been up 2+lb all week and looks like I whooshed it away this morning, and then some. Same thing happened last week too. If you've been a good girl then you have nothing to worry about! Sounds like you have the right attitude!

DenverGal
07-06-2012, 11:40 AM
Happy Friday! Feels like the second friday this week. Here's to staying OP today -- I brought extra packets to work since 3 p.m. seems to be my breakdown time.

I'm stoked b/c I've had a few NSV in the past 24 hours. First, I went on a run last night, and it felt great -- I know I'm not "supposed" to, but I have been running for 20 years, and it just keeps me right. And even though I wasn't at my best, I wasn't at my worst either. Then I went to the movies and didn't feel like I was missing out when I opted against popcorn. And this morning...I put on my size 10 white pants that I haven't worn in years. It is a good day!

Hope you all have fabulous OP days as well.

aimeed3
07-06-2012, 11:42 AM
Hi everyone!

How is everyones Friday going so far?

There's alot of losers since yesterday! CONGRATS to everyone on the awesome weightloss.

I think I am over my panic about the veggies. I am going to take everyones suggestions and just start trying new things and roasting or grilling them.

Even though today is Friday it sure doesnt feel like it. It feels like a Tuesday. Thats ok though, at 4 o'clock today, IT'S THE WEEKEND!! Whoohooo!!

Everyone, have a 100% OP day. I know I will.

Oh P.S. I think I just found my favoritest (I know not a word but maybe :) )
Lemon Pudding. Oh my goodness, I had it for Breakfast and it was soooo yummmy!!!

Meagan240
07-06-2012, 11:48 AM
I have my first weigh-in today. I'm so anxious!
Happy Friday! :)

guttergirl9
07-06-2012, 11:59 AM
Good morning,
I'm planning to start IP on my own on Sun. I had a couple of questions before I start. Should I be taking two Centrum daily vitamins or one? On the vitamin threads I read it seemed that it was only 1 but wanted to check since it's listed a two of the IP daily vitamins on the ph I sheet.
My other question is can you have too much protein? Since I had a reaction to the EAS shake I will be using Pea protein. It has 25g of protein per serving so I may be getting around 100g of protein a day. I read on a website somewhere that a protein calculation to use was .37x your current weight. So someone that's around 150 would need about 55g. The more you weigh the more protein needed to lose. Not sure on any of this so thought it best to check w/ the vet's
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

locopollo
07-06-2012, 12:15 PM
aimeed, you could try boiling a mix of veggies and then pureeing them into a soup so you can drink them. It's filling and delicious!

First WI today, and I am -6.8#. :D Hoping for -2 next week. My body definitely needs to catch up to the scale. I feel like I'm starting to get into a groove now.

One more week and I am adding some weightlifting. Woot! I miss it, but sleeping in is awesome!

Lots of WI's today. Good luck!

joysh
07-06-2012, 12:16 PM
Good morning, everyone! It's a lovely day here in Louisiana! I'm off to Shreveport for the weekend! Got my foodstuffs packed.

Good luck to everyone who has a WI today! Congrats on the NSVs!

Hmmm, a massage sounds good, LizRR!

Have a good weekend, everyone! :wave:

Darralyn
07-06-2012, 12:51 PM
Good Morning;

Wow congratulations!!!:bravo:

Good morning everyone! My daily weigh in for my chart confirmed it...I am losing like a mo'fo! Yesterday's yuckiness feeling must have been my body losing lots of fat. I'm down another 0.4 pounds, 166.2...really freaking strange for me to lose this much in a week...so it's 3.6 pounds lost as of today, half way through week 10 (WI 11 is Monday)...soooo bizarre!

I'm struggling with the idea that I'll have a regain this weekend sometime, just for no particular reason, don't know why I'm such a pessimist...oh well. I'm off to get ready for work, have a great day everyone!
You are doing a great job!! Fantastic!! You will be one hot momma come Sturgis bike week!! :D

Good Friday morning all, it is another hot day in Florida :sunny: :beach:with a chance for thunderstorms... we need the rain but when it rains it really rains lately, we got 5 inches during Debby and another inch on the 4th :rain:. It could be worse, we could be in a draught like last summer. Have a great day all!
You have really been hit with the weather!! We are going to get a mild 86 degrees here today and I am thrilled! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! :hug:

How exciting! I bet you're going to do great!! :wizard: Here's the Whoosh Fairy to help!

coloheather
07-06-2012, 12:52 PM
Happy Friday everyone. It's finally cooling down a little here in Colorado, and we are getting some much needed rain every afternoon, so no more fires this week! Today is my first full OP day of my restart program. I am hoping to quickly shed the 10 - 12 pounds that have crept back on over the last few months after maintaining for almost 2 years. Have a great Friday everyone.

Good Morning;

Yay. Awesome - WTG!!! :carrot:

Hi everyone!

How is everyones Friday going so far?

There's alot of losers since yesterday! CONGRATS to everyone on the awesome weightloss.

I think I am over my panic about the veggies. I am going to take everyones suggestions and just start trying new things and roasting or grilling them.

Even though today is Friday it sure doesnt feel like it. It feels like a Tuesday. Thats ok though, at 4 o'clock today, IT'S THE WEEKEND!! Whoohooo!!

Everyone, have a 100% OP day. I know I will.

Oh P.S. I think I just found my favoritest (I know not a word but maybe :) )
Lemon Pudding. Oh my goodness, I had it for Breakfast and it was soooo yummmy!!!

I think that roasting and grilling veggies will be a life changer for you. If you like garlic, add lots of garlic. And mix it up with different spices. Any of these combinations will change it up and give the veggies lots of zing!!

Darralyn
07-06-2012, 12:56 PM
Happy Friday Friends!
Well I went to the clinic yesterday and found out what was wrong with me..my blood pressure was super low! I need to get into the Dr and have some of the BP meds lowered or removed. As a matter of fact I didn't take my beta blocker last night or the diruetic this am. I take one more pill which I went ahead and took today; but I feel so much better! Thanks all for your well wishes and concern; I am doing GREAT today!! It feels so wonderful to feel good!!

BLUEJEWEL
07-06-2012, 12:56 PM
Good Morning;

greata weigh in!!! Congrats!

LizRR
07-06-2012, 01:07 PM
I'm stoked b/c I've had a few NSV in the past 24 hours. First, I went on a run last night, and it felt great -- I know I'm not "supposed" to, but I have been running for 20 years, and it just keeps me right. And even though I wasn't at my best, I wasn't at my worst either. Then I went to the movies and didn't feel like I was missing out when I opted against popcorn. And this morning...I put on my size 10 white pants that I haven't worn in years. It is a good day!

The exercise thing is different for different people, you've been running for 20 years - you are probably more efficient and go at a lower perceived intensity than someone who starts it cold. Plus the longer you are in ketosis, your body gets more efficient at producing ketones. Just listen to your body, and log it so you can track if any tweaks need to be made - or if it's 'just right'.

Good Luck! Mine is today at 1pm! #18 for me and I still get the butterflies!

Happy Friday Friends!
Well I went to the clinic yesterday and found out what was wrong with me..my blood pressure was super low! I need to get into the Dr and have some of the BP meds lowered or removed. As a matter of fact I didn't take my beta blocker last night or the diruetic this am. I take one more pill which I went ahead and took today; but I feel so much better! Thanks all for your well wishes and concern; I am doing GREAT today!! It feels so wonderful to feel good!!

Awesome! I'm glad they were able to figure that out. And you know what - you are getting so healthy you need to get the BP meds lowered/removed...how great is that.

darcrista
07-06-2012, 01:08 PM
Happy Friday everyone. Back into the swing of things here. Even after being "off" for a few days for my sister's wedding, I still lost 2.5 pounds. I'll take it! Although I almost don't believe it.. I seriously wonder sometimes if my clinic's scale is broken. Sounds like everyone is having some good losses. Keep up the good work! Have a good weekend.

MimiLee
07-06-2012, 01:15 PM
We are off to the pool today.....got lots of ice to keep my water cool. Happy Friday everyone!!

fam4me
07-06-2012, 01:18 PM
Final day of our "staycation". We were in WI Dells for about 5 days with a Milwaukee Brewer game thrown in. Had a great time, but decided to finish the week at home in our pool we set up this year. Had a week off from WI as I was out of town, but pretty sure the next one will put me into the long awaited "onederland"! Have a great day everyone!

shathom
07-06-2012, 01:26 PM
Happy Friday Friends!
That is just awesome to be able to come off of meds, I also take blood pressure meds and my pressure is reading lower and lower each month. Pretty soon we'll both be free of one pill!:woohoo:

RN4Babies
07-06-2012, 01:27 PM
Hello IP'ers! I'm new to IP and the site, but very excited to be here! I just finished my first week and I'm feeling motivated as ever, especially after reading so many of your success stories!

I have a few questions and I was unable to have them answered by my coach this week because she broke her ankle (ouch( and was out of the office! I was still able to get food and WI, so I am hoping you all may be able to help me out.

1. Lettuce cannot count towards your 4 cups of veggies, correct? I haven't been counting lettuce and have been diligent about the 4 cups, but I guess I'm just curious about what would happen if I came short?

2. What about the sugar alcohol in sugarless gum? Still okay to chew?

3. Does anyone work nights? I have a 15 month old I am up with all day (maybe nap with her for 2 hours), then I am up all night at work 2-3x/week. Last week I tried to spread the food out over the 24 hours I'm awake, but I really felt famished. I added an extra salad in, but I think my body really needs a little protein with that salad. Any experience in this department would be greatly appreciated.

4. Lastly, prior to IP, I ran 2-3 miles a few times a week and did Body Pump (low weight/high rep lifting). I LOVE to workout. Food has always been my issue. My coach made it very clear that I need to take a break. No problem. I will do that. I am a rule follower, so I won't cheat, but I was just curious when in your journey you were able to start working out again. I just want to think about the light at the end of the tunnel as I'm longingly watching people jog through the neighborhood :)

Thank you all for your inspiration and support! Your recipes, advice and success stories are very motivating! Have a great weekend

swimcoachmomma
07-06-2012, 01:34 PM
Sort of an NSV today. my job occasionally requires me to put on scrubs very quickly. well, 3X is not a common size and is often in short supply, not good if someone is depending on me. so I would stock pile them in each vehicle so that I would have them if needed. Well, I no longer need 3Xs so today I returned all of them. yay, me. Of course it would have been funny if I had actually put them on and then run off to work, too!!!

Heitina
07-06-2012, 01:34 PM
Oooohhhh....I've been messin' up a bit without realizing it. My coach told me today that no restricted items after 3 pm. I am majorly bummed out! I only have my restricted ones on the weekends...in the evenings. Gosh, here I thought i've been doing soooo well. I feel like a spoiled 2 yr. old being told she can't have something anymore. I love my weekend parties w/my IP treats....partying in the afternoon is not going to do it for me!!!! This is gonna be a tough one for me.....:stress:

Happy OP Friday IPeeps :hat:

locopollo
07-06-2012, 01:37 PM
RN4Babies, I just finished Week 1, but my coach told me take two weeks off and when I start working out again, we will probably want to add another packet. Until then, walking and light yoga and Pilates.

wuv2bloved
07-06-2012, 01:38 PM
Hello IP'ers! I'm new to IP and the site, but very excited to be here! I just finished my first week and I'm feeling motivated as ever, especially after reading so many of your success stories!

I have a few questions and I was unable to have them answered by my coach this week because she broke her ankle (ouch( and was out of the office! I was still able to get food and WI, so I am hoping you all may be able to help me out.

1. Lettuce cannot count towards your 4 cups of veggies, correct? I haven't been counting lettuce and have been diligent about the 4 cups, but I guess I'm just curious about what would happen if I came short?Come as close to the 4 cups of veggies as possible. You are correct about the lettuce not counting as part of your veggies. It is important that you get all of your veggies with the combination of the other foods we eat. It all works hand in hand

2. What about the sugar alcohol in sugarless gum? Still okay to chew?Yes, you can chew sugar free gum....2-3 pieces a day

3. Does anyone work nights? I have a 15 month old I am up with all day (maybe nap with her for 2 hours), then I am up all night at work 2-3x/week. Last week I tried to spread the food out over the 24 hours I'm awake, but I really felt famished. I added an extra salad in, but I think my body really needs a little protein with that salad. Any experience in this department would be greatly appreciated.

4. Lastly, prior to IP, I ran 2-3 miles a few times a week and did Body Pump (low weight/high rep lifting). I LOVE to workout. Food has always been my issue. My coach made it very clear that I need to take a break. No problem. I will do that. I am a rule follower, so I won't cheat, but I was just curious when in your journey you were able to start working out again. I just want to think about the light at the end of the tunnel as I'm longingly watching people jog through the neighborhood :)It is very important that you let your body get used of your new way of eating. It is recommended that you do not exercise for the first month at least. After that light to moderate walking, yoga or something not to get your heartbeat up to much.

Thank you all for your inspiration and support! Your recipes, advice and success stories are very motivating! Have a great weekend
My answers are in BOLD purple to your questions :) these are of course MY OPINIONS only

NOVAScents
07-06-2012, 01:40 PM
1. Lettuce cannot count towards your 4 cups of veggies, correct? I haven't been counting lettuce and have been diligent about the 4 cups, but I guess I'm just curious about what would happen if I came short? You don't HAVE to eat lettuce, but its a free item, so if you do you need to make sure you get additional vegetables.

2. What about the sugar alcohol in sugarless gum? Still okay to chew? Nope, no gum.

3. Does anyone work nights? I have a 15 month old I am up with all day (maybe nap with her for 2 hours), then I am up all night at work 2-3x/week. Last week I tried to spread the food out over the 24 hours I'm awake, but I really felt famished. I added an extra salad in, but I think my body really needs a little protein with that salad. Any experience in this department would be greatly appreciated. I sometimes work nights when I attend births and when I do I eat every 4 hours (usually its a drink mix or pre-mixed shake). I also end with a salad with about 3oz meat on it (whatever the hospital has at the salad bar).

4. Lastly, prior to IP, I ran 2-3 miles a few times a week and did Body Pump (low weight/high rep lifting). I LOVE to workout. Food has always been my issue. My coach made it very clear that I need to take a break. No problem. I will do that. I am a rule follower, so I won't cheat, but I was just curious when in your journey you were able to start working out again. I just want to think about the light at the end of the tunnel as I'm longingly watching people jog through the neighborhood :) It's different for everyone, but when people do workout they add an extra IP to their day

See bolded ;)

wuv2bloved
07-06-2012, 01:40 PM
Oooohhhh....I've been messin' up a bit without realizing it. My coach told me today that no restricted items after 3 pm. I am majorly bummed out! I only have my restricted ones on the weekends...in the evenings. Gosh, here I thought i've been doing soooo well. I feel like a spoiled 2 yr. old being told she can't have something anymore. I love my weekend parties w/my IP treats....partying in the afternoon is not going to do it for me!!!! This is gonna be a tough one for me.....:stress:

Did she tell you why? I have been on the program for 15 months and I have had them at all hours of the day (restricted) mostly in the morning for breakfast but I have had some times where I eat it for dinner...Never heard of such

MaMaZu
07-06-2012, 01:44 PM
Yikes! Weigh-in this morning shows I am .8 away from goal! Can't believe how fast this part of the journey has gone! Definitely nervous and excited about the real battle ahead!
Heading to LA with the hubs for a weekend of museums, botanical gardens, a play and some good food, and of course watching the Wimbledon finals, go Federer!

robin532
07-06-2012, 01:46 PM
Was down 3 more lbs yesterday! So happy to keep seeing the scale go down and the inches come off. I keep trying on clothes in the bottom of my drawers and LOVE fitting into them! Thanks to all the tips & ideas I get on this site. I don't think I would be this successful if I had not found this site!

LizRR
07-06-2012, 01:48 PM

A LOT of folks have their restricteds late at night - it sounds like each coach have their own theories and ideas of what works based on personal preference. I have not read any 'official IP press' that states we can only have restricteds at certain times. That being said - if you've had success so far, and this is what works for you - talk with your coach again and ask her WHY, because it sounds like you have it set up for your own success and enjoyment. Some coaches tell their clients to have their restricteds at the end of the day!

jmuroff1
07-06-2012, 02:05 PM
Had my WI#4 today and down 2 pounds this week!! Not bad considering my TOM :) I have someone picking up a salad for me from chipotle, is a little of their salad dressing allowed or no?:(

GeauxTigers82
07-06-2012, 02:06 PM
Good afternoon! I am so sad that my summer is winding down! I am a teacher, and I really needed my summer after my last class. They definitely wore me out!

My dh had back surgery a month ago, and he is finally going back to work on Monday. I have been trying to potty train my very stubborn 2 1/2 yr old son so he can go to the 3 yr old program at my school. It saves us money and gas if he would just pee in the potty! Ughhhhh.

I am going to start getting my classroom ready next week because we are going on vacation at the end of July. I would love to go on vacation and not have to worry about my classroom when I get back.

Guess its lunch time...trying to decide between chicken a la king or a soy patty :)

Ishbel
07-06-2012, 02:11 PM

Like Wuv, I'd want to know why. I had my restricted at night the entire year I was on phase 1...:shrug: I looked forward to my 'dessert' between 8:00-8:30.

Yikes! Weigh-in this morning shows I am .8 away from goal! Can't believe how fast this part of the journey has gone! Definitely nervous and excited about the real battle ahead!
Heading to LA with the hubs for a weekend of museums, botanical gardens, a play and some good food, and of course watching the Wimbledon finals, go Federer!

WOW!!! NEXT WEEK!!!! YAY YOU MaMaZu!!!! :yay:

Diana B
07-06-2012, 02:14 PM
Happy Friday Friends!

Glad you found out what was wrong, I also had to lower my BP meds., even 3-5 pounds can make a difference per my Dr., and we have lost alot lot more than that :D! Have an awesome OP day!

Diana B
07-06-2012, 02:17 PM

I remember when we went to Orlando in 2008, it didn't rain until our last day there, we were in a store and when it started everyone was telling us not to go outside, but we were laughing and saying we were from Seattle and a little rain wasn't gonna hurt us, lol! Have a great day :hug:

Ng951
07-06-2012, 02:30 PM
To RN4babies. I am a nurse and work the night shift. This is what works for me snack at 8pm. 12 midnight lunch with 4oz of protein and protein drink. Breakfast bar or drink and in between a hardboiled egg or a extra packet. Then dinner when I get up 4oz of protein veggies and then my restricted. Hope this helps. Nancy from Cape Cod;)

darcrista
07-06-2012, 02:32 PM

1. Lettuce cannot count towards your 4 cups of veggies, correct? I haven't been counting lettuce and have been diligent about the 4 cups, but I guess I'm just curious about what would happen if I came short?

2. What about the sugar alcohol in sugarless gum? Still okay to chew?

4. Lastly, prior to IP, I ran 2-3 miles a few times a week and did Body Pump (low weight/high rep lifting). I LOVE to workout. Food has always been my issue. My coach made it very clear that I need to take a break. No problem. I will do that. I am a rule follower, so I won't cheat, but I was just curious when in your journey you were able to start working out again. I just want to think about the light at the end of the tunnel as I'm longingly watching people jog through the neighborhood :)

We must go to the same clinic as my coach also broke her ankle. Poor thing! I know that she (our coach) does chew gum.. she just tries to find sugar free gum that doesn't use aspartame.

I believe she would also recommend adding another packet due to your schedule and the fact that you are still feeling really hungry. I don't work nights but do also have a 15 month old and am up during the night sometimes. For the first week or so I added an extra packet. After the first week, I didn't feel like I needed it anymore.

Also, I started walking after getting through the first week. I usually eat an extra packet or a restricted item about 1/2 an hour before working out. I believe the rule of thumb is don't do any exercise that you can't talk while doing. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Meagan240
07-06-2012, 02:40 PM
Just got back from my Week 1 weigh in. Lost 7 pounds and 4.25 inches! Woot woot! :D

haddy4
07-06-2012, 02:44 PM
Happy day !!!!! great weigh in !! Hope everyone has a great weekend :)

Aussieluver
07-06-2012, 02:54 PM
so far OP today ... great day! Just had the vanilla drink made into a shake ... added 1/4 tsp of pumpkin pie spice, ice and blended ... quite yummy! Also tried the zucchini fries ... not bad at all. Garden is becoming over run with zucchini so always looking for new ways to prepare while staying OP ;O)

haddy4
07-06-2012, 02:58 PM
Ahhhh my tracker disappeared ???

DenverGal
07-06-2012, 03:06 PM
pfyoung -- what's your recipe for zucchini fries? I am up to my elbows in zucchini too, and I'm not sure what to do!!

(PS any other zucchini recipes are welcome...I should have only planted one, not two plants)

greeniris
07-06-2012, 03:19 PM
TGIF! Wow, some awesome WIs today :D Congrats MaMaZu! And to Meagan & Haddy too!

Hot, hot, hot here in N. Michigan - it's just not supposed to get like this here! Tomorrow it should cool down into the 70s and stay there for a few days. Whew! A little rain would be good too. Had to spray "Deer Away" in the garden last night - they've been having a feast there the last couple of days! I lost almost all my brussel sprout plants to the critters :(

Darralyn - I was able to stop taking my BP meds completely after only 2 or 3 weeks OP. Had been checking it almost daily at home, and when it was consitently 'normal' I stopped, and continued to check daily for 2 more weeks. After a brief little bump up, it went back to normal and has stayed there. Glad to hear you are continually getting healthier!

Have a great weekend everyone, and stay 100% OP!

bigmike7801
07-06-2012, 03:21 PM
Today I've decided to come back as an active partispant on this forum to help me in my 3rd attempt to take off the weight for good!

Also I'll be going to the gym durring lunch and maybe even after work. I've really got the bug right now to work out!

greeniris
07-06-2012, 03:23 PM
pfyoung - zucchini lasagna (I'm going to experiment with an IP lasagna recipe tomorrow), "apple" chips, pickles - there are so many things to do with zucchini! You should be able to find tons of recipes online. I do enjoy putting shredded zucchini into IP muffins, cakes (not now of course). Makes for really moist baked goods. Your family will enjoy that. Also, shredded zucchini freezes very well.

jules26965
07-06-2012, 03:25 PM
Congrats to all the great WI's today!!! My coach is out until Jusy 18th, so I won't have an official WI until then, so thanks to all of you for keeping me OP :)

One of my good friends from college (has it been 15 years?) is coming in to visit tomorrow. He's been juicing on and off since the beginning of the year so it will be interesting to see his results - but so glad I didn't go that route!!

chicagoboiler
07-06-2012, 03:32 PM
I remember when we went to Orlando in 2008, it didn't rain until our last day there, we were in a store and when it started everyone was telling us not to go outside, but we were laughing and saying we were from Seattle and a little rain wasn't gonna hurt us, lol! Have a great day :hug:

My mom just started the program and is on BP medication. What should be the advice I should give her to be aware of when she needs to visit her doctor for possible alterations to her meds?

sanibelover
07-06-2012, 03:33 PM
Just wondering where your coach measures you. I see all of these crazy losses (inches) and don't have anywhere near those numbers. I get measured in 5 places:

Waist
1 leg
1 arm
hips
chest

Thanks!

J bug
07-06-2012, 03:35 PM
My coach measures in TEN places.
Neck
Arm
Breast and Chest
Upper Ab
Mid Ab
Hips
Thigh
Calf
Ankle

GeauxTigers82
07-06-2012, 03:41 PM
Just wondering where your coach measures you. I see all of these crazy losses (inches) and don't have anywhere near those numbers. I get measured in 5 places:

Waist
1 leg
1 arm
hips
chest

Thanks!

Same here

jmuroff1
07-06-2012, 03:42 PM
I get the same ;)

Waist
1 leg
1 arm
hips
chest

Thanks!

greeniris
07-06-2012, 03:47 PM
I totally blew it and need help getting back on track!!!
Wow this is my first post and I am feeling a little weird about it! Anyway I have been on IP for 3weeks and had lost about 14lbs and was feeling great, then I got stuck for a couple of days and even gained a lb. I was so discouraged that I gave myself permission to cheat for 3days straight! (the holiday was my excuse) now I'm up 6lbs....6lbs in 3 days??? In need of some serious help and encouragement

MrsHartz - I just found this at the end yesterday's chat...Yep - you blew it, but that doesn't mean it's all over. Today is a brand new day, and you can make it 100% OP, then tomorrow, and the day after too. Forgive yourself and look at this week as a learning experience. I've read on here that cheating for one day will set you back 3 days. Drink LOTS of water, and look to the future. Your future is in your hands and I know you can do this! :dust: Geez, if I can, then anyone can! I wish you the best! :hug:

(One of these days I'll take the time to figure out how to put in the quotes!)

reneepw
07-06-2012, 03:47 PM
pfyoung - zucchini lasagna (I'm going to experiment with an IP lasagna recipe tomorrow), "apple" chips, pickles - there are so many things to do with zucchini! You should be able to find tons of recipes online. I do enjoy putting shredded zucchini into IP muffins, cakes (not now of course). Makes for really moist baked goods. Your family will enjoy that. Also, shredded zucchini freezes very well.

So glad to hear I can freeze shredded. My zucchini plants are growing like crazy!

locopollo
07-06-2012, 03:49 PM
My coach measured just bust, waist (at navel) and hips. She said they measure and record the bodyfat readings about once a month.

I can't wait to hear about the zucchini lasagna recipe. I have a couple of them in the fridge.

Mike, you've got this!

Just had broccoli cheese soup with broccoli added. It is not good until you add the fresh broccoli and then suddenly it's transformed. :D

Time for salad and then back to work. TGIF!

LizRR
07-06-2012, 03:50 PM
WHOO-HOO!! Just back from WI#18 and down -2lb ... I was hoping for at least 1lb down since I've been itching to break into the -60+lb loss club! Also maintained my lean mass, so this was 100% fat I lost! I was curious how that would shake out after last weeks incredulous lean mass gain, so VERY happy that I maintained that! You can see in previous weeks where I lost the same amount of pounds, I didn't lose as much BF%.

Oh - and my coach measures at:
Waist
Hips
Bust
Arms
Thighs

reneepw
07-06-2012, 03:52 PM

Congratulations! !!! That's so exciting!! :smug:

reneepw
07-06-2012, 03:55 PM
WHOO-HOO!! Just back from WI#18 and down -2lb ... I was hoping for at least 1lb down since I've been itching to break into the -60+lb loss club! Also maintained my lean mass, so this was 100% fat I lost! I was curious how that would shake out after last weeks incredulous lean mass gain, so VERY happy that I maintained that! You can see in previous weeks where I lost the same amount of pounds, I didn't lose as much BF%.

I think I've finally reached a good 'tipping point'. I was lifting pretty intensely until Day 1 of IP, then stopped for 8 weeks cold, then picked it up but at a MUCH lighter pace - finally started bumping it up - I figured that my 'reserve muscle' from lifting before IP wouldn't be maintained - but I had consistently lost mostly fat the whole time. So hoping I've struck a nice balance - especially as I am getting closer to goal...wow, less than 10lb....really? Where has the time gone....

That's great Lizrr! I love reading so many of you close to goal. Its like you are out ahead of us clearing the path :)

Heitina
07-06-2012, 03:57 PM
Did she tell you why? I have been on the program for 15 months and I have had them at all hours of the day (restricted) mostly in the morning for breakfast but I have had some times where I eat it for dinner...Never heard of such

A LOT of folks have their restricteds late at night - it sounds like each coach have their own theories and ideas of what works based on personal preference. I have not read any 'official IP press' that states we can only have restricteds at certain times. That being said - if you've had success so far, and this is what works for you - talk with your coach again and ask her WHY, because it sounds like you have it set up for your own success and enjoyment. Some coaches tell their clients to have their restricteds at the end of the day!

I was told the restricted packs are higher in carbs so I should try to eat them before 3pm. Approx. 1-1.5 hrs. before bed I should have a lower carb IP packet. I will definately keep this info in mind, but, i've decided i'm very satisfied with my weight loss. If it keeps me OP to have a strawberry wafer bar, or some dill pickle zingers later at night on the weekends - then i'm keepin' on doin' it!!!!

reneepw
07-06-2012, 03:58 PM
Happy Friday Friends!

I'm so glad you figured it out!! Glad you are feeling better.

nomoreweight
07-06-2012, 03:58 PM
Hey, everyone! It's been awhile since I've been here, but I am still OP and almost to WI #4 (Monday). I am getting my BA online and had some doozie finals this week, but they are all done now. I also realized that I must really be a stress eater. Every time I dug in to my work, I wanted something to munch on. Never gave it though. I had a salad once, a dill pickle another time. Hopefully the scale will show it on Monday! Have a good weekend everyone!

LizRR
07-06-2012, 04:00 PM
Oh, and I picked up a few Plain Crepe packets - anyone have a good recipe they favor with those? I am not sure why I swapped for them - since I usually make Unrestricted pancakes using the Crispy Cereal, but figured I'd try them out.

SewingMomma
07-06-2012, 04:01 PM

Waist
Hips
Bust
Arms
Thighs
Yeah Liz! That's fantastic. You're almost done!

mompattie
07-06-2012, 04:02 PM

Time to go shopping for your dress!!!! Can't wait to see pictures of you smiling in your goal dress!!!! Way to go!!!!!

Waist
Hips
Bust
Arms
Thighs

Awesome WI LizRR!!!! Totally awesome !!!!!!

haddy4
07-06-2012, 04:02 PM
Does anyone have any clues as to why my tracker disppeared??

SewingMomma
07-06-2012, 04:03 PM

Waist
1 leg
1 arm
hips
chest

Thanks!

I get measured in fewer places. 1 arm, bust, waist, and hips.

nomoreweight
07-06-2012, 04:13 PM
Woo-hoo! Got my tracker! Oh the joys in the little things.

paulimapi
07-06-2012, 04:15 PM
It's so annoying to be between jean sizes. Right now size 4 is baggy but size 2 is uncomfortable, not extremely tight but I don't like wearing tight jeans so I'm just wearing size 4 until I can fit comfortably in size 2.

pacia1223
07-06-2012, 04:16 PM
Oh, and I picked up a few Plain Crepe packets - anyone have a good recipe they favor with those? I am not sure why I swapped for them - since I usually make Unrestricted pancakes using the Crispy Cereal, but figured I'd try them out.

RainbowSmiles just posted a Recipe making an English muffin using the plain crepe packets in her mix'n in the kitchen thread. Looks delicious!

LizRR
07-06-2012, 04:24 PM
It's so annoying to be between jean sizes. Right now size 4 is baggy but size 2 is uncomfortable, not extremely tight but I don't like wearing tight jeans so I'm just wearing size 4 until I can fit comfortably in size 2.

I'm right behind you - my size 4s are a tad too tight for my comfort....I'm bridging it with some skinny 8s, but those are showing saggy butt (not very flattering with 'skinny jean' fit...but oh well). I don't want to buy yet another pair of jeans so I'm riding it out.

RainbowSmiles just posted a Recipe making an English muffin using the plain crepe packets in her mix'n in the kitchen thread. Looks delicious!

THANKS!

sanibelover
07-06-2012, 04:27 PM
Just an FYI - My clinic is out of the strawberry wafers, and I was told that they cannot get them from IP right now. So, if your clinic still has them, you might want to stock up if you like them as much as I do!!!

Tigerlvr52
07-06-2012, 04:51 PM

Waist
1 leg
1 arm
hips
chest

Thanks!

My coach didn't measure me at all. It was my mom's idea. We measure:
Both arms
Bust
Chest
Upper Waist
Lower Waist
Hips
Upper Thigh
Lower Thigh
Calf

That is how my losses are so high because it's all over the body not just where clothes fit or not.

DanafromAustin
07-06-2012, 04:58 PM
Dana, every time I see your avatar and siggy pics I just keep repeating what an amazing job you've done. You look absolutely incredible and just so quietly confident, if that makes any sense. It's a great air about you. :) Hope your son has a great time at camp!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
Thank you so much. You're not doing too shabby a job yourself I might add. I think we both look like much different people and our before and currents do speak volumes. I'm very proud of both of us. :hug:

Howdy folks - wish me luck! Have WI#18 today at 1pm! I'm treating myself to a massage at 4pm....I told preschool I had a work meeting until 5pm, so they are keeping the little guy longer today (I usually pick him up at 3pm - but they are pretty flexible), so I know he'll be in good hands!

Hey Dana, I had the same thing last week - and hoping for it again this week. Same for me, as far as I gained lean mass last week (for the first time) and my only difference was (finally) increasing my weights. I had been pretty hesitant to do it, since I didn't want to increase intensity too much - it's still not as much as I did before - but I definitely feel the soreness. I think it's just so individual to find that balance - plus I think there was just a 'tipping point' for me as far as lean mass loss - I had been doing intense lifting up until day 1 of IP, so stopping cold turkey for 8 weeks probably contributed to that body comp change.

Last week I had a 2lb gain most of the week which eventually whooshed away to a -2lb overall loss and 4lb lean mass increase. This week I've also had a 2lb gain, which looks like I whooshed away this morning - we'll see what body comp tells me at my official WI today at 1pm!

Good too know that increasing the weights might be doing the trick. Last night I really pushed it again, and I sure felt it walking out of the gym. Thank goodness I had a pudding shake waiting for me when I got home, because boy did I need that protein. Enjoy your massage, you've earned it!

Happy Friday Friends!
Very happy to hear you found out what the issue is.

Lastly, prior to IP, I ran 2-3 miles a few times a week and did Body Pump (low weight/high rep lifting). I LOVE to workout. Food has always been my issue. My coach made it very clear that I need to take a break. No problem. I will do that. I am a rule follower, so I won't cheat, but I was just curious when in your journey you were able to start working out again. I just want to think about the light at the end of the tunnel as I'm longingly watching people jog through the neighborhood :)

Welcome to IP and the board. My coach suggested I not work out for the first three weeks, which was no problem because I didn't enjoy working out at that point in my life anyway. After that she said I could walk, swim or whatever as long as I took my time and did it nice and slow. I started walking after the first month, and as the weight starting coming off I started to feel this strong need to move my body. I quickly got back into strength training and I remembered enjoying it years ago. Now I hit the gym every day with most of my effort going to weight lifting and the balance to cardio. I would suggest just taking it easy for the first month till your body starts to get use the lower calorie count. Also increase your protein on your work out days as you will really need it.

I have my restricted at breakfast just because that's the time of day I enjoy it. The only direction my coach gave me was no restricted at bedtime. However, you are doing great so far, so I would just stick with what works for you.

Waist
Hips
Bust
Arms
Thighs
Getting SO close. :congrat::bravo:

mightbe
07-06-2012, 05:14 PM
Today is my son's birthday and he wants to go play golf and wants me to go with him. I have never played golf, I know there is lots of walking involved but is this something I should have an extra packet for? :?:

locopollo
07-06-2012, 05:23 PM
Today is my son's birthday and he wants to go play golf and wants me to go with him. I have never played golf, I know there is lots of walking involved but is this something I should have an extra packet for? :?:

Depends the course, whether you're playing 9 holes or 18 and whether you're walking or using a golf cart.

I played 9 holes on July 4 and was fine. I drank a ton of water as it was quite warm. And after I had a salad with salmon.

sanibelover
07-06-2012, 05:24 PM

If you are walking and carrying your clubs, then maybe. If you are using a cart, probably not.

Barb2012
07-06-2012, 05:30 PM
Re: Today is my son's birthday and he wants to go play golf and wants me to go with him. I have never played golf, I know there is lots of walking involved but is this something I should have an extra packet for?

I'd ask him if 9 holes will satisify his golf desires. The first time I played my brother was determined to play 18 and it made for such a long game, I really thought I hated golf.

Later a friend really taught me the game and now I love it. It turns out men and women take a very different approach to golf. 9 holes will give you a nice taste of the sport without killing you - depending on the length of your course.

Have fun golffing!

BLUEJEWEL
07-06-2012, 05:54 PM
I was told the restricted packs are higher in carbs so I should try to eat them before 3pm. Approx. 1-1.5 hrs. before bed I should have a lower carb IP packet. I will definately keep this info in mind, but, i've decided i'm very satisfied with my weight loss. If it keeps me OP to have a strawberry wafer bar, or some dill pickle zingers later at night on the weekends - then i'm keepin' on doin' it!!!!

I am still very new at this (3weeks) but I recall reading in the book by Dr Tran (i think that is rght) the original developement of this approach, he makes a great comment about Marathon runners eating their carbs the night before, he gives all the scientific info on it. It is the last couple of paragraphs in Chapter 12. I believe it!

bigmike7801
07-06-2012, 05:54 PM
I was able to squeeze in a 3k run/walk in 30 minutes durring lunch and some ab crunches as well!

Maybe go see a movie tonight?!?!

BLUEJEWEL
07-06-2012, 05:56 PM

Waist
Hips
Bust
Arms
Thighs

So you are measuring both arms? both thighs?

mightbe
07-06-2012, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the advice ladies! We are off to play and I have a ton of water ready to go! :D

sanibelover
07-06-2012, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the replies on measuring. My coach was out of the office today for a funeral, so I don't know how many inches I lost this week, but I do know last time it was 5" total (since I started 13 weeks ago) off my waist - seems like some people have that in one week!!

Chloe222
07-06-2012, 06:35 PM
Happy Friday Friends!

Hi Darralyn,
I've been on the boards sporadically the last 2 weeks and so I missed the problem you were having. What were your symptoms? Did IP somehow change the way your current meds are working? Sorry to ask you to rehash this.

thanks,
Choe

Hockeymom40
07-06-2012, 07:34 PM

Personally i don't think it matters and obviously from your losses it didn't hurt you I would not change a thing.

Hockeymom40
07-06-2012, 07:36 PM

You go girl!! Great job!!

Hockeymom40
07-06-2012, 07:42 PM
pfyoung -- what's your recipe for zucchini fries? I am up to my elbows in zucchini too, and I'm not sure what to do!!

(PS any other zucchini recipes are welcome...I should have only planted one, not two plants)

Shred it up and put it in the potato puree (add 2 egg white & 1/4 t baking powder, taragon, celery seed) and make a large pancake. Sooo good!

Hockeymom40
07-06-2012, 07:47 PM

That's a great problem to have :):)

Kaypix
07-06-2012, 07:52 PM
OK so I'll do my replies to the 97 posts (97 that's right, holy cow that's huge!), here's my morning's "project" that I played with on Photobucket.
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h45/pandoraeternity/Motorcycles/LoveIs-1.jpg

Chloe222
07-06-2012, 08:39 PM
Mamazu
Congrats on being a hair away from goal!! Whoo Hoo!!!

Liz, Rainbow Smiles, Anyone,
Where is the kitchen thread? I'm pretty slow on some aspects of this web site.

Sort of an NSV today. my job occasionally requires me to put on scrubs very quickly. well, 3X is not a common size and is often in short supply, not good if someone is depending on me. so I would stock pile them in each vehicle so that I would have them if needed. Well, I no longer need 3Xs so today I returned all of them. yay, me. Of course it would have been funny if I had actually put them on and then run off to work, too!!!
Goodbye 3X!! Congrats!

I see you have 16 pounds left to lose but if you do, what size will you be? Seriously, I know there's size 0, but are there minus sizes also?

OK so I'll do my replies to the 97 posts (97 that's right, holy cow that's huge!), here's my morning's "project" that I played with on Photobucket.
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h45/pandoraeternity/Motorcycles/LoveIs-1.jpg
You did this? Such talent! Looks fabulous. how did you do this? Decoupage?

DanafromAustin
07-06-2012, 08:42 PM
I was able to squeeze in a 3k run/walk in 30 minutes durring lunch and some ab crunches as well!

Maybe go see a movie tonight?!?!

Great job! That calls for an extra protein for sure.:carrot:

locopollo
07-06-2012, 08:50 PM
I hear that after size 0, you shop in the juniors section.

I had a very nice dinner of grilled chicken breast, sliced, with stir-fried bok choy. I drizzled it with a combination of half tahari and half WF balsamic dressing to which I added hot red pepper flakes. I let the sauce sit in the fridge overnight. I would add some onions and I don't know what else to the bok choy, but I'm liking the Chinese flavor. :D

That is nice, Kaypix! And your comparison pics are great!

Hockeymom40
07-06-2012, 08:51 PM
I had my weigh in tonight since Wednesday was the holiday. I was down 1.75. I'm happy with that. Not use to weighing at the end of the day so may have been a little more if it was 1st thing in the morning like it usually is. Back to my normal schedule next week. Finally got some before & after pics posted, thanks to my hubby. I am so computer illiterate! Getting so close to goal I can taste it. Probably not the best expression to use :)

Aussieluver
07-06-2012, 09:03 PM
DenverGal,
I cut up the zucchini in small sections like fries. Put them in a zip lock bag with 1 tsp of EVOO, sea salt, and creole spices ... shake to coat all zucchini. Baked at 400 for 20 min, flipped them and then finished baking for another 10 min. They were really good AND totally OP :O))

Chloe222
07-06-2012, 09:20 PM
I had my weigh in tonight since Wednesday was the holiday. I was down 1.75. I'm happy with that. Not use to weighing at the end of the day so may have been a little more if it was 1st thing in the morning like it usually is. Back to my normal schedule next week. Finally got some before & after pics posted, thanks to my hubby. I am so computer illiterate! Getting so close to goal I can taste it. Probably not the best expression to use :)

Great looking photos! Congrats!

guttergirl9
07-06-2012, 09:49 PM
I'm planning to start IP on my own on Sun. I had a couple of questions before I start. Should I be taking two Centrum daily vitamins or one? On the vitamin threads I read it seemed that it was only 1 but wanted to check since it's listed a two of the IP daily vitamins on the ph I sheet.

My other question is can you have too much protein? Since I had a reaction to the EAS shake I will be using Pea protein. It has 25g of protein per serving so I may be getting around 100g of protein a day. I read on a website somewhere that a protein calculation to use was .37x your current weight. So someone that's around 150 would need about 55g. The more you weigh the more protein needed to lose. Not sure on any of this so thought it best to check w/ the vet's
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

bttrhalf
07-06-2012, 10:20 PM
I made it to montana and back with my 16yrold driving (scary)he did ok only freeked me a couple of times.
wieghed in yesterday morning and down another 5.4 for a total of 11.4 in two weeks. and lost 4 inchs ober all.
feels good to try on clothes that I haven't worn in awhile time to get ride ofthe size 16's. I can wear 14's :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

clinic scale:
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-bar/fireworks01/lb/197.8/145/186.4/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

GGee
07-06-2012, 10:48 PM
Good afternoon! I am so sad that my summer is winding down! I am a teacher, and I really needed my summer after my last class. They definitely wore me out!

My dh had back surgery a month ago, and he is finally going back to work on Monday. I have been trying to potty train my very stubborn 2 1/2 yr old son so he can go to the 3 yr old program at my school. It saves us money and gas if he would just pee in the potty! Ughhhhh.

I am going to start getting my classroom ready next week because we are going on vacation at the end of July. I would love to go on vacation and not have to worry about my classroom when I get back.

Guess its lunch time...trying to decide between chicken a la king or a soy patty :)

Very interesting pattern. Like it takes two weeks for you body to show the weight loss. Do you like the soy patty?

GeauxTigers82
07-06-2012, 11:18 PM
Very interesting pattern. Like it takes two weeks for you body to show the weight loss. Do you like the soy patty?

Love the soy patty...with wf thick and spicy BBQ sauce :D

Chloe222
07-06-2012, 11:42 PM

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not know for sure but my guess is that 100 g protein is probably not a problem. Do you know for sure that it is the protein component of the EAS
shake that caused your issue? It may have been, but perhaps not.

I just looked up pea protein and found the following:
Pea protein is a relatively new form of protein powder (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protein_powder) which is valued for its high digestibility (90-95%), low potential for allergic responses, and remarkably low price. Pea protein has a light, flurry texture and slightly sweet taste which mixes well in solution.
Pea protein, along with soy protein (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soy_protein), hemp protein (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Hemp_protein&action=edit&redlink=1), and rice protein (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rice_protein), is a preferred vegan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegan) protein powder.
Pea protein is less allergenic than soy and is also not associated with health controversies related to any possible negative hormonal effects.
Pea protein is often combined with rice protein to achieve a superior amino acid profile than either protein alone. Pea protein is low in the sulfurous amino acids (cysteine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cysteine) and methionine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methionine)) but rich in lysine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysine); in contrast, rice protein is deficient in lysine but has high levels of both cysteine and methionine. The combination of rice and pea protein (RPP) also helps mitigate the strong, chalky taste of rice protein on its own. This combination is considered by many to be among the best tasting protein powders.
An interesting aspect of pea protein powder is that, unlike whey, when high concentrations of powder are mixed with small amounts of water, the pea protein can be formed into a semi-solid mixture which can be used as a jam or spread. This versatility is largely unappreciated, but suggests many additional uses for pea protein beyond its use in protein shakes in place of other forms of protein powder.

Re supplements, Below is the info I have. You'll have to read this carefully and check your Centrum to see how it measures up:
The three supplements that are required as part of the Ideal Protein Weight Loss
Method have been formulated specifically to ensure that the dieter receives the
minimum daily recommended amounts of essential nutrients based on RDA
guidelines for a typically healthy person age 19 to 50. As with the amount of protein
in our protocol, it must be stressed that these are the minimum amounts required by
the body daily and that there is not any amount of nutrient (macro or micro) that
would be considered a “high –dose” or hyper amount. Occasionally a dieter may
need additional supplementation (due to age or particular medical condition) and
that would be addressed under the guidance of his or her medical professional.
These supplements are given merely to make up any short coming the dieter may
experience while temporarily omitting certain food groups (i.e. fruits, dairy products,
grains, root vegetables and legumes) from their daily meals while on the weight loss
portions of the Ideal Protein Weight-loss Method.
CALCIUM
884 mgs. of elemental calcium is supplied by the daily servings of our three
supplements.
600 mgs. in the form of calcium citrate comes from the “CAL-MAG”.
200 mgs. as calcium carbonate, is supplied by the “POTASSIUM CALCIUM”.
84 mgs. as calcium citrate is supplied in the “MULTI – VITA”.
The use of different forms of calcium (or “salts”) is a common practice in pharmacy
and is usually indicative of a ‘higher quality’ supplement. Calcium citrate contains
less elemental calcium (21% by weight) compared to calcium carbonate (about
40%) but is generally viewed as being more absorbable (bio-available). Calcium
carbonate on the other hand is more alkaline than the citrate salt and helps support
the body’s acid / base balance.
If a person were to have three servings of a high calcium food per day they would be
receiving about 900 mgs of elemental calcium. Eight ounces of whole milk provide
about 291 mgs, skim milk about 302 and 2% and 1%, 297 and 300 mgs
respectively.
An eight ounce glass of calcium fortified orange juice contains roughly the same
(about 300 mgs). Cheeses average about 175 mgs per serving (mozzarella, 147,
cheddar roughly 200). Eight ounces of yogurt yields about 300 mgs and a cup of ice
cream supplies around 160 mgs1. People on the IDEAL PROTEIN WEIGHT LOSS
METHOD will not be eating these foods (while on the weight loss phase) so you see
our supplements are merely supplying them with the nutrients they would be getting
from these commonly consumed foods.
Drugs.com (an online pharmacy information service). www.drugs.com
IDEAL PROTIEN DIETERS are required to eat 4 cups of vegetables, two green salads
and one serving of a whole protein food (meat, fish or fowl) per day. These foods
will amply supply the remaining calcium and ensure our program adheres to the US
and Canadian RDA guidelines.
POTASSIUM
332 mgs. of elemental potassium is supplied in the daily servings of two of our
products.
312 mgs. are supplied by the 800 mgs. of potassium bicarbonate in the
“POTASSIUM – CALCIUM” tablets.
20 mgs. in the form of potassium citrate comes from the “MULTI–VITA”.
Potassium is an extremely important element or electrolyte in human physiology. It
is involved with maintaining proper fluid and mineral balance, cardiac function and
nerve transmission. Our bodies exquisitely regulate the amount of potassium in our
blood stream and when these controls become compromised (as in disease states
like renal failure) the patient generally requires constant medical supervision. A
healthy adult usually looses about 2,000mgs of potassium per day (via urine,
perspiration and feces) and generally accepted guidelines recommend replacing that
amount daily through our foods. These folks could easily take in twice that amount
with no ill effects and athletes or people involved in strenuous activity will normally
supplement to avoid becoming hypokalemic due to increase potassium loss through
excessive perspiration.
Again, the Ideal Protein Weight-loss Method focuses on the minimum daily
requirements and,
because we are not consuming some food groups which are common sources of the
daily potassium requirement, we must supplement while on the weight loss phase of
the program. For example, a small banana contains 467 mgs of potassium, a third
of a cup of raisins 363, one-half of a medium potato (with skin) about 422 mgs, one
small orange roughly 240 mgs and one cup of 2% milk 377 mgs. We use our
supplements only to replace what we are missing while temporarily giving up some
of our common sources of potassium. Remember our dieters are required to
consume 4 cups of vegetables, two green salads and a portion of whole protein per
day. One-half cup of cooked mushrooms contains 277 mgs. of potassium, one cup
of cooked asparagus (277), one cup of cooked zucchini or summer squash (346) and
one cup of iceberg lettuce (87). Two examples of whole proteins would be: three
ounces of baked or broiled salmon contain (319 mgs) while three ounces of roasted
turkey (dark meat) have (259 mgs). When we “do the math” we can easily see that
our dietary protocol comes in right about “dead-on” to the 2,000 mgs / day (between
diet and supplements) that is recommended.
Now the question that always comes up is this: “Yes, but my doctor has
already given me a prescription potassium supplement, why do I need to take yours
too?” To this I reply: “Your doctor has your serum potassium levels titrated to the
proper amount. If your “previous” daily diet usually includes a glass of orange juice,
a glass of milk, a potato or a banana or many other fruits and dairy products, the
answer is yes, otherwise you will be getting less potassium than your doctor expects
and your next blood work-up will likely show a deficiency in this important element!”
MAGNESIUM
320 mgs. of elemental magnesium are in the daily servings of two of our products.
300 mgs. in the form of magnesium citrate come from the “CAL – MAG”.
20 mgs. in the same form come from our “MULTI – VITA” vitamin.
Magnesium is another extremely important element in our diet. A deficiency in
magnesium can increase aldosterone (hormone) secretion leading excessive
potassium loss. Magnesium is also an alkaline element (as are calcium, potassium
and sodium) and plays a role in the body’s acid / base balancing. Magnesium is vital
to more than 300 biochemical reactions in the body. The ratio of calcium to
magnesium is very important, as they physiologically oppose each other in some
respects. Calcium can increase muscle tone (i.e. “tighten” muscles) while
magnesium “relaxes” them. This is why we often prescribe ‘calcium channel
blockers’ for hypertension – preventing calcium’s effects on the muscles of the
vascular system relaxes or dilates them and the blood pressure (or peripheral
resistance) goes down. In the bowel, magnesium relaxes the smooth muscles of the
digestive tract, allowing for normal peristalsis or “good bowel habits”. Too much
calcium in relation to magnesium can lead to constipation. This is why it is added to
antacids like “Maalox” (literally magnesium, aluminum oxide)…aluminum and
calcium tend to constipate, and supplying enough magnesium tends to offset this
effect. Magnesium is hugely important not only in the body’s ability to produce
insulin, but also on the sensitivity of the cells’ insulin receptors. Type II diabetes and
pre-diabetes (a.k.a. Syndrome X) are characterized by a lack of sensitivity of the
body’s insulin receptors, so the pancreas is forced to produce more insulin in an
“attempt to slam the receptors” into working. Now here’s where it gets doubly bad:
insulin tells the body to store magnesium, when the cells “don’t listen to insulin”
anymore (i.e. are insulin resistant) insulin is lost in the urine and the problem gets
much worse. There are many studies showing the benefits of adding magnesium
supplements to those suffering from TYPE II diabetes as well as “Syndrome X”.
U.S. guidelines recommend adult women to receive 320 mgs. daily (more if
pregnant) and men to receive 420 mgs.2 Most common dietary sources of
magnesium are nuts, legumes, cereals and grains, dairy products and dark green
leafy vegetables. With the exception of the last, these foods will not be consumed
during our weight loss phase, hence the need for supplementation. Once again, THE
IDEAL DIET ensures our dieters get the adequate amounts of necessary
nutrients…..never too much.
2 National Institute of Health, Office of Dietary Supplements.
http://dietarysupplements.info.nih.gov/factsheet/magnesium.asp
NATURA CAL-MAG 120 tablets
Serving Size: 4 tablets daily
Serving Per Container: 30
Vitamin D (as cholecalciferol) 260IU 65%
Calcium (as calcium citrate) 600mg 60%
Magnesium (as magnesium citrate) 300mg 75%
Zinc (as zinc) 20mg 133%
Other Ingredients:
Microcristalline cellulose, sodium croscarmellose, magnesium stearate,
carboxymethylcellulose, hydroxyopropyl methylcellulose, stearic acid, polyethylene glycol,
carnauba wax.
NATURA POTASSIUM CALCIUM 100 tablets
Serving Size: 1 tablet
Servings Per Container: 100
Potassium (potassium bicarbonate) 800mg 22%
Calcium (as calcium carbonate) 200mg 20%
Other ingredients:
Microcristalline cellulose, povidone, titanium dioxide, polyethylene glycol, colloidal silicon
dioxide, magnesium stearate, polysorbate 80, hypromellose.
NATURA MULTI-VITA 60 tablets
Serving Size: 2 tablets
Vitamin A (as beta-carotene) 3 320 IU 66%
Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid) 200mg 333%
Vitamin D (as cholecalciferol) 150 IU 44%
Vitamin E (as d-gamma, d-delta,
d-alpha, d-beta tocopherols) 140 IU 466%
Thiamine (as thiamine mononitrate) 30mg 2 666%
Riboflavin (as riboflavin %-phosphate) 6mg 411%
Niacine (as niacinamide and niacin) 30mg 200%
Vitamin B6 (as pryridoxine hydrochloride) 30mg 1 900%
Folate (as folic acid) 260ug 65%
Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamine) 164ug 2 566%
Biotine 260ug 83%
Pantothenic acid (as calcium pantothenate) 150mg 1 500%
Calcium (as calcium citrate) 84mg 11%
Iodine (as potassium iodide) 76ug 50%
Magnesium (as magnesium citrate) 42mg 10%
Zinc (as zinc citrate) 5mg 33%
Selenium (as selenium citrate) 100ug 142%
Manganese (as manganese citrate) 5mg 250%
Chromium (as chromium citrate) 90ug 75%
Molybdenum (as molybdenum citrate) 100ug 133%
Potassium (as potassium citrate) 20mg 1%
Vanadium (as vanadium citrate) 100ug
Choline (as choline citrate) 20mg
Other Ingredients:
Microcristalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, silica gel

Hgamroth
07-06-2012, 11:51 PM
I went into my weigh in today very down. I have been watching my scale all week and getting more and more discouraged. Last week I didn't have a loss and I didn't think I had a loss this week and I DO NOT cheat! I weighed in and lost 2 pounds! My coach said to get rid of my scale or she would have to start getting physical. I do need to stay off of my scale and have faith in myself. I am doing great and I need to accept that I will have slower weeks from time to time and realize that I am doing well. I even survived Cold Stone today and didn't have 1 little lick. Small victories! Happy weekend everyone!

RN4Babies
07-07-2012, 12:03 AM
I don't know how to include quotes yet, but I will read up on that tonight...In the meantime, thank you for your replies and warm welcome! I am happy to report that we went out to eat tonight with some friends and I stayed totally OP! I thought not ordering a drink with dinner would be difficult, but by the time everyone else got their drinks, I was so wrapped up in conversations (and trying to keep my 15 months old in her highchair), I didn't miss it at all! Haha!

Also, I picked up a spiral slicer and salad chopper. I think these two tools are really going to help me stay OP with zucchini noodles and chopped salads! On the way home, stopped by the farmers market and picked up two giant bags of vegetables for $15 dollars!

Thanks again :)

justpeachy789
07-07-2012, 01:13 AM
Hi everyone, I am going to start IP on the 9th...again. I followed it to a tee for one month and I lost twenty pounds, and I was so pleased with that. I decided to quit after the month because I felt absolutely drained. I had zero energy, I felt mentally and physically exhausted. In retrospect I wish I would have verbalized to my coach how I was feeling. I told him I was tired but I don't think he knew how truly depleted I felt. Anyway, I wanted to ask if anyone else has felt this way and what you did to resolve it. Do I need to add another packet? an additional vitamin? My coach is a super nice guy who has NEVER had a weight problem, in fact admitted it was difficult for him to gain weight, and while he has tried the products has never tried the protocol. This can be a little frustrating. HELP

GGee
07-07-2012, 04:22 AM
I do not know for sure but my guess is that 100 g protein is probably not a problem. Do you know for sure that it is the protein component of the EAS
shake that caused your issue? It may have been, but perhaps not.

I just looked up pea protein and found the following:
Pea protein is a relatively new form of protein powder (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protein_powder) which is valued for its high digestibility (90-95%), low potential for allergic responses, and remarkably low price. Pea protein has a light, flurry texture and slightly sweet taste which mixes well in solution.
Pea protein, along with soy protein (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soy_protein), hemp protein (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Hemp_protein&action=edit&redlink=1), and rice protein (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rice_protein), is a preferred vegan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegan) protein powder.
Pea protein is less allergenic than soy and is also not associated with health controversies related to any possible negative hormonal effects.
Pea protein is often combined with rice protein to achieve a superior amino acid profile than either protein alone. Pea protein is low in the sulfurous amino acids (cysteine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cysteine) and methionine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methionine)) but rich in lysine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysine); in contrast, rice protein is deficient in lysine but has high levels of both cysteine and methionine. The combination of rice and pea protein (RPP) also helps mitigate the strong, chalky taste of rice protein on its own. This combination is considered by many to be among the best tasting protein powders.
An interesting aspect of pea protein powder is that, unlike whey, when high concentrations of powder are mixed with small amounts of water, the pea protein can be formed into a semi-solid mixture which can be used as a jam or spread. This versatility is largely unappreciated, but suggests many additional uses for pea protein beyond its use in protein shakes in place of other forms of protein powder.

Re supplements, Below is the info I have. You'll have to read this carefully and check your Centrum to see how it measures up:
The three supplements that are required as part of the Ideal Protein Weight Loss
Method have been formulated specifically to ensure that the dieter receives the
minimum daily recommended amounts of essential nutrients based on RDA
guidelines for a typically healthy person age 19 to 50. As with the amount of protein
in our protocol, it must be stressed that these are the minimum amounts required by
the body daily and that there is not any amount of nutrient (macro or micro) that
would be considered a “high –dose” or hyper amount. Occasionally a dieter may
need additional supplementation (due to age or particular medical condition) and
that would be addressed under the guidance of his or her medical professional.
These supplements are given merely to make up any short coming the dieter may
experience while temporarily omitting certain food groups (i.e. fruits, dairy products,
grains, root vegetables and legumes) from their daily meals while on the weight loss
portions of the Ideal Protein Weight-loss Method.
CALCIUM
884 mgs. of elemental calcium is supplied by the daily servings of our three
supplements.
600 mgs. in the form of calcium citrate comes from the “CAL-MAG”.
200 mgs. as calcium carbonate, is supplied by the “POTASSIUM CALCIUM”.
84 mgs. as calcium citrate is supplied in the “MULTI – VITA”.
The use of different forms of calcium (or “salts”) is a common practice in pharmacy
and is usually indicative of a ‘higher quality’ supplement. Calcium citrate contains
less elemental calcium (21% by weight) compared to calcium carbonate (about
40%) but is generally viewed as being more absorbable (bio-available). Calcium
carbonate on the other hand is more alkaline than the citrate salt and helps support
the body’s acid / base balance.
If a person were to have three servings of a high calcium food per day they would be
receiving about 900 mgs of elemental calcium. Eight ounces of whole milk provide
about 291 mgs, skim milk about 302 and 2% and 1%, 297 and 300 mgs
respectively.
An eight ounce glass of calcium fortified orange juice contains roughly the same
(about 300 mgs). Cheeses average about 175 mgs per serving (mozzarella, 147,
cheddar roughly 200). Eight ounces of yogurt yields about 300 mgs and a cup of ice
cream supplies around 160 mgs1. People on the IDEAL PROTEIN WEIGHT LOSS
METHOD will not be eating these foods (while on the weight loss phase) so you see
our supplements are merely supplying them with the nutrients they would be getting
from these commonly consumed foods.
Drugs.com (an online pharmacy information service). www.drugs.com
IDEAL PROTIEN DIETERS are required to eat 4 cups of vegetables, two green salads
and one serving of a whole protein food (meat, fish or fowl) per day. These foods
will amply supply the remaining calcium and ensure our program adheres to the US
and Canadian RDA guidelines.
POTASSIUM
332 mgs. of elemental potassium is supplied in the daily servings of two of our
products.
312 mgs. are supplied by the 800 mgs. of potassium bicarbonate in the
“POTASSIUM – CALCIUM” tablets.
20 mgs. in the form of potassium citrate comes from the “MULTI–VITA”.
Potassium is an extremely important element or electrolyte in human physiology. It
is involved with maintaining proper fluid and mineral balance, cardiac function and
nerve transmission. Our bodies exquisitely regulate the amount of potassium in our
blood stream and when these controls become compromised (as in disease states
like renal failure) the patient generally requires constant medical supervision. A
healthy adult usually looses about 2,000mgs of potassium per day (via urine,
perspiration and feces) and generally accepted guidelines recommend replacing that
amount daily through our foods. These folks could easily take in twice that amount
with no ill effects and athletes or people involved in strenuous activity will normally
supplement to avoid becoming hypokalemic due to increase potassium loss through
excessive perspiration.
Again, the Ideal Protein Weight-loss Method focuses on the minimum daily
requirements and,
because we are not consuming some food groups which are common sources of the
daily potassium requirement, we must supplement while on the weight loss phase of
the program. For example, a small banana contains 467 mgs of potassium, a third
of a cup of raisins 363, one-half of a medium potato (with skin) about 422 mgs, one
small orange roughly 240 mgs and one cup of 2% milk 377 mgs. We use our
supplements only to replace what we are missing while temporarily giving up some
of our common sources of potassium. Remember our dieters are required to
consume 4 cups of vegetables, two green salads and a portion of whole protein per
day. One-half cup of cooked mushrooms contains 277 mgs. of potassium, one cup
of cooked asparagus (277), one cup of cooked zucchini or summer squash (346) and
one cup of iceberg lettuce (87). Two examples of whole proteins would be: three
ounces of baked or broiled salmon contain (319 mgs) while three ounces of roasted
turkey (dark meat) have (259 mgs). When we “do the math” we can easily see that
our dietary protocol comes in right about “dead-on” to the 2,000 mgs / day (between
diet and supplements) that is recommended.
Now the question that always comes up is this: “Yes, but my doctor has
already given me a prescription potassium supplement, why do I need to take yours
too?” To this I reply: “Your doctor has your serum potassium levels titrated to the
proper amount. If your “previous” daily diet usually includes a glass of orange juice,
a glass of milk, a potato or a banana or many other fruits and dairy products, the
answer is yes, otherwise you will be getting less potassium than your doctor expects
and your next blood work-up will likely show a deficiency in this important element!”
MAGNESIUM
320 mgs. of elemental magnesium are in the daily servings of two of our products.
300 mgs. in the form of magnesium citrate come from the “CAL – MAG”.
20 mgs. in the same form come from our “MULTI – VITA” vitamin.
Magnesium is another extremely important element in our diet. A deficiency in
magnesium can increase aldosterone (hormone) secretion leading excessive
potassium loss. Magnesium is also an alkaline element (as are calcium, potassium
and sodium) and plays a role in the body’s acid / base balancing. Magnesium is vital
to more than 300 biochemical reactions in the body. The ratio of calcium to
magnesium is very important, as they physiologically oppose each other in some
respects. Calcium can increase muscle tone (i.e. “tighten” muscles) while
magnesium “relaxes” them. This is why we often prescribe ‘calcium channel
blockers’ for hypertension – preventing calcium’s effects on the muscles of the
vascular system relaxes or dilates them and the blood pressure (or peripheral
resistance) goes down. In the bowel, magnesium relaxes the smooth muscles of the
digestive tract, allowing for normal peristalsis or “good bowel habits”. Too much
calcium in relation to magnesium can lead to constipation. This is why it is added to
antacids like “Maalox” (literally magnesium, aluminum oxide)…aluminum and
calcium tend to constipate, and supplying enough magnesium tends to offset this
effect. Magnesium is hugely important not only in the body’s ability to produce
insulin, but also on the sensitivity of the cells’ insulin receptors. Type II diabetes and
pre-diabetes (a.k.a. Syndrome X) are characterized by a lack of sensitivity of the
body’s insulin receptors, so the pancreas is forced to produce more insulin in an
“attempt to slam the receptors” into working. Now here’s where it gets doubly bad:
insulin tells the body to store magnesium, when the cells “don’t listen to insulin”
anymore (i.e. are insulin resistant) insulin is lost in the urine and the problem gets
much worse. There are many studies showing the benefits of adding magnesium
supplements to those suffering from TYPE II diabetes as well as “Syndrome X”.
U.S. guidelines recommend adult women to receive 320 mgs. daily (more if
pregnant) and men to receive 420 mgs.2 Most common dietary sources of
magnesium are nuts, legumes, cereals and grains, dairy products and dark green
leafy vegetables. With the exception of the last, these foods will not be consumed
during our weight loss phase, hence the need for supplementation. Once again, THE
IDEAL DIET ensures our dieters get the adequate amounts of necessary
nutrients…..never too much.
2 National Institute of Health, Office of Dietary Supplements.
http://dietarysupplements.info.nih.gov/factsheet/magnesium.asp
NATURA CAL-MAG 120 tablets
Serving Size: 4 tablets daily
Vitamin D (as cholecalciferol) 260IU 65%
Calcium (as calcium citrate) 600mg 60%
Magnesium (as magnesium citrate) 300mg 75%
Zinc (as zinc) 20mg 133%
Other Ingredients:
Microcristalline cellulose, sodium croscarmellose, magnesium stearate,
carboxymethylcellulose, hydroxyopropyl methylcellulose, stearic acid, polyethylene glycol,
carnauba wax.
NATURA POTASSIUM CALCIUM 100 tablets
Serving Size: 1 tablet
Servings Per Container: 100
Potassium (potassium bicarbonate) 800mg 22%
Calcium (as calcium carbonate) 200mg 20%
Other ingredients:
Microcristalline cellulose, povidone, titanium dioxide, polyethylene glycol, colloidal silicon
dioxide, magnesium stearate, polysorbate 80, hypromellose.
NATURA MULTI-VITA 60 tablets
Serving Size: 2 tablets
Vitamin A (as beta-carotene) 3 320 IU 66%
Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid) 200mg 333%
Vitamin D (as cholecalciferol) 150 IU 44%
Vitamin E (as d-gamma, d-delta,
d-alpha, d-beta tocopherols) 140 IU 466%
Thiamine (as thiamine mononitrate) 30mg 2 666%
Riboflavin (as riboflavin %-phosphate) 6mg 411%
Niacine (as niacinamide and niacin) 30mg 200%
Vitamin B6 (as pryridoxine hydrochloride) 30mg 1 900%
Folate (as folic acid) 260ug 65%
Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamine) 164ug 2 566%
Biotine 260ug 83%
Pantothenic acid (as calcium pantothenate) 150mg 1 500%
Calcium (as calcium citrate) 84mg 11%
Iodine (as potassium iodide) 76ug 50%
Magnesium (as magnesium citrate) 42mg 10%
Zinc (as zinc citrate) 5mg 33%
Selenium (as selenium citrate) 100ug 142%
Manganese (as manganese citrate) 5mg 250%
Chromium (as chromium citrate) 90ug 75%
Molybdenum (as molybdenum citrate) 100ug 133%
Potassium (as potassium citrate) 20mg 1%
Vanadium (as vanadium citrate) 100ug
Choline (as choline citrate) 20mg
Other Ingredients:
Microcristalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, silica gel

Great info! Thanks!

GGee
07-07-2012, 05:16 AM
Hi everyone, I am going to start IP on the 9th...again. I followed it to a tee for one month and I lost twenty pounds, and I was so pleased with that. I decided to quit after the month because I felt absolutely drained. I had zero energy, I felt mentally and physically exhausted. In retrospect I wish I would have verbalized to my coach how I was feeling. I told him I was tired but I don't think he knew how truly depleted I felt. Anyway, I wanted to ask if anyone else has felt this way and what you did to resolve it. Do I need to add another packet? an additional vitamin? My coach is a super nice guy who has NEVER had a weight problem, in fact admitted it was difficult for him to gain weight, and while he has tried the products has never tried the protocol. This can be a little frustrating. HELP

I too have been feeling a little fatigued. I have been on a staycation and have had no energy. I was feeling good during weeks 4-6. I just attributed it to being at home. I hope it goes away next week when I go back to work. Anyone else have feedback? Thanks!

cyndie
07-07-2012, 06:57 AM
I don't understand why the scale is not moving. I am struggling not to get down about it. I did so good the first two weeks, then last week I only lost two pounds and this week it looks like I might not lose anything!

I am not going to give up. I am just feeling a little discouraged. I haven't had one tiny morsel of anything that's not allowed. I drink tons of water. This past week I even cut out all the WF and splenda. All of you are losing, surely if I continue to stay 100 OP, the scale will start to move again....