Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-04-2012, 12:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 187/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Default I need to stop snacking!

I'm usually pretty good about sticking to my diet, but lately I've been snacking a lot more than I should (which, to be fair is not excessively, I'm just worried that it's a slippery slope of crackers and candy bars, and my impulse control has been historically not-awesome.)

I'd be in even bigger trouble if my sister and I weren't dieting together, because we're pretty good at talking each other out of buying that extra snickers.

I think I just need to put it out there and admit to myself that it could be a problem before it becomes a problem, yeah?
aeyesolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:02 PM   #2  

Height: 5'9"

Just ask yourself if you want the candy more than a less jiggly butt. Or force yourself to eat the candy while online shopping for new clothes or swimsuits. Or eat it naked in front of the mirror- that usually works! And just don't buy it to begin with. If it's not in the house, you can't mindlessly snack on it.
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Good advice from Brandis. I, personally, snack. 3 times a day. They are built into my daily calorie allowance and are usually less than 100 calories. Non fat yogurt, Laughing Cow Cheese wedges or fresh fruit are samples. Sorry, no Snicker Bars.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:27 PM   #4  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

"Eat it naked in front of a mirror"- now that's good advice. I know that would stop me! Haha.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:45 PM   #5  

I have noticed that cutting out bread and sugar...processed foods in general really helped me stopped snacking. Before I eliminated these things from my diet I would feel hunger all day....no joke. Sometimes I would feel like nothing to satisfied my need for more and more food. In fact, when I didn't give into these cravings I would sick and moody. I don't have this experience anymore. I able to eat when I am hungry and stop when I am full....I don't have intense cravings anymore.

I actually read that when we eat processed foods (which are often full of unhealthy carbs and sugars) the hormones that sends a message to our brain that we are full are released much slower than when we eat protein and fat (avocado is a great example of healthy fat).

Yeah....so my suggestion is to cut out the processed foods (even whole wheat breads and grains), up your protein and healthy fat and see if your snack cravings decrease.

That's my two sense...
Lulu
Lulu Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:48 PM   #6  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeyesolo View Post
I'm usually pretty good about sticking to my diet, but lately I've been snacking a lot more than I should (which, to be fair is not excessively, I'm just worried that it's a slippery slope of crackers and candy bars, and my impulse control has been historically not-awesome.)

I'd be in even bigger trouble if my sister and I weren't dieting together, because we're pretty good at talking each other out of buying that extra snickers.

I think I just need to put it out there and admit to myself that it could be a problem before it becomes a problem, yeah?
Is there any way you can build the snacks into your plan? I love snacking, so I allow for snacks in my calorie count.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:29 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by sontaikle View Post
Is there any way you can build the snacks into your plan? I love snacking, so I allow for snacks in my calorie count.
I do this too. My snacks are accounted for when I start my day.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:38 PM   #8  

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchy View Post
I do this too. My snacks are accounted for when I start my day.

Yep... if it's not on the plan, it doesn't get eaten.
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote