Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-26-2012, 09:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Default All mixed up

I'm a longtime maintainer who took a break for pregnancy. Well, Laney Jae is here now, and nearly six weeks old. I go for my six week appointment on Thursday and will hopefully get fully released to work out as I please. I've been doing some light stuff, but wanted to hold off hitting it too hard until the doctor gives the ok.

It's just...I'm lost this time. I know HOW to do it. It's just I don't have a goal. Last time I started in the 220s or even 230 and lost all the way down to 137, which I maintained until I quit the pill to get pregnant. I gained 10 pounds after quitting the pill for no reason, but was comfortable at 147.

While pregnant I gained all the way up to 187 no matter how well I ate and in spite of the fact that I continued to work out. No biggie though...my body needed it so it was ok.

But the truth finally came out. ALLLLLL of these people who said I looked so good at 137 started speaking the truth when I was a little bigger. They said I looked far too thin. Even my husband finally said he felt that way after telling me forever that I was great.

So now I'm at a loss and it's affecting me wrapping my head around weight loss again. I can't decide if I want to lose down to 140 again (so I can wear all my clothes) or just down into the 150s. I weigh 165 at present and can't seem to get a handle on my eating now that I'm not pregnant anymore. And a lot of it has to do with my "oh well what now?" attitude.

I just know I've got to get a handle on my attitude and set a goal so I can move forward.
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 268/181/160

Height: 5'6

I think the question lies in where you feel most comfortable, most like yourself. Don't let anyone else get into your head. I've had people tell me I'm too fat, too skinny (at 189? Please.) And everything in between. This is your life, your body. Nobody be them friend or foe, can tell you what you should look like. Good luck! You're doing great.
fatferretfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:02 AM   #3  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Height: 5'6"

Default re:

Agree, what are YOU happy with?
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:38 AM   #4  
Changing for the better

S/C/G: 268/257/150

Height: 5'8"

140 is on the skinnier side of normal but it is still normal! It seems that everyone is expressing their OPINION which you don't have to take to heart. I would talk to your husband and let him know that you were healthy and comfortable at 140-I am sure he justs wants you to be happy and healthy. People will always have an opinion but it is up to you how to deal with what they say. Good luck on your post baby weight loss journey.
TiffNeedsChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:39 AM   #5  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

I have to agree that you've got to do what makes YOU comfortable. Simple as that. As long as you feel healthy and happy
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:57 AM   #6  
drifting downward!

S/C/G: (HW 194) 175/168/140

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Why not set some mini-goals for right now and just focus on getting back into your routine? It sounds like you are motivated by "mile markers," so in addition to routine-centered goals, maybe set a goal to lose 10 lbs first. When you get there, see where you're at - maybe set another 10 lb goal.

This way, you are still working towards a number and making progress - but sidestepping the anxiety/uncertainty about the "final" goal number.

Congrats on your baby!
Desiderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:17 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Yes, it comes down to where YOU feel comfortable. I'm 5'11" and now weigh 140, which on paper looks "too thin." But I don't look skinny and for the time being I'm not struggling to maintain. Bottom line, it's your call.

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:55 AM   #8  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Exactly what others said! It is your body, land where YOU feel good!

And congratulations on your baby!!!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:09 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Thanks, y'all!

I think I'll set a mini goal of 10 pounds and see where that lands me. I'll start with my weight on Friday morning, since it's probably the "official" date I can really work out the way I want to again.

Now just finding TIME to get all this done with a full time job and a new baby. I start back to work Thursday and it may take some time to find my groove again. But I'll make it!
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:29 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Congratulations on the baby! I love her name. I know that you'll only be happy with what makes you feel good, so I have to agree with everyone who said to set a goal based on how you feel, not on what others have to say. It might be a good idea to talk to your husband, though, and ask him to be honest and find out why he thinks you are better at a particular weight. You said "long time maintainer," so I have to think he has gotten used to the way the thin you looks. I was surprised at how my face changed during the first 6 months I was maintaining. Even I thought I looked a bit drawn (even at this weight - partly because I'm over 60, I'd guess) when I first hit about 165, but I don't think that anymore. Something settled in and my face looked more normal - and I don't think it's that I got used to how I looked. Maybe the people who told you that are still getting used to how you look and seeing you fill out a bit with the pregnancy brought it all back to the top.

good luck - whatever you decide to do.

Lin

Last edited by linJber; 06-26-2012 at 07:31 PM.
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote