General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 232/217/145

Height: 5'6"

Default BodyBuggers stop here!

Where are the body bugg users??? Let's start a weekly thread!! How is everyone doing? What is your average calorie burn per day, how many steps are you getting in? What is your favorite exercise? Favorite meal? Let's get our party started!!!!!

My new life started: May 25, 2012
Pounds lost: 13.5

Last edited by chickadee2; 06-21-2012 at 09:08 AM.
chickadee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 192/134/127

Height: 5'3.75"

Right now I'm averaging around 2000 for burn, which isn't great. I need to do better.
I'm finding the Bugg doesn't register as much of my formal exercise as steps as I would like. I do Insanity and in a step converter I found on line the hour long workout I did this morning should count as 15545 (the equivalency for vigorous calesthetics), mine says: 3800
I'm loving Insanity right now, though month two is way harder than I was prepared for and the 60 day program is going to be more like 90. I do mostly video workouts but I also enjoy running.
Favorite meal right now is ice cream and that needs to stop. I've been having these awesome lunch salads with fruit and chicken and fat free feta that have just been amazing. If it weren't for all the darned ice cream I'd probably be making some progress.
moviegrl1737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:31 PM   #3  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

Hi! I haven't participated in a BodyBugg thread before. I've been bugging since August of last year. My burns are usually between 2000-2500 and my steps around 10 K on work days (more if I exercise). I, of course, have lower numbers on non-work days unless I really work at it. BB really opened my eyes to activity/calories! I lost around 17 pounds with my Bugg, and tracking activity and calories, alone.

My favorite meal? Only the bad ones. My favorite exercise? Running. I started Boot camp this week, though, and I suspect I'm going to love it! I don't follow the Apex meal suggestions.
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:09 PM   #4  

Yipppe - we have some BBuggers! I see your tickers and weight loss success! Woo Hoo to each of you! And what great inspiration for ME! I can't run...I just walk - and I find that's when I get most of my steps in..just walking one hour in the morning will get me around 4000+ steps. Almost 5,000 actually...then general running around, chasing kids, cleaning our house running errands - I end up getting up to the 10k. Have not heard of Insanity - but too but that BB doesn't calculate the actual info. I burn around 2800 to 3000 a day. And have a long way to go, but am pleased with my first 4 weeks. Wish it were water proof as I love to get in the pool and do exercises, tread water, kick, whatever. It really has motivated me to get off the sofa and stay moving that's for sure! I hope to keep a BB thread alive - maybe start a new one each week to see how everyone is doing! Thanks for sharing your info! And congrats to each of you are doing so very well!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-21-2012, 05:52 PM   #5  

I don't have a BB, but I've always been fascinated by them & tempted to get one. How accurate have you guys found them to be? That is, does the number of calories it tells you you're burning usually work out to the approx. amount of weight you lose each week (after you consider how many calories you consumed?)
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:19 PM   #6  

Yes Lin43, it seems accurate for me. My program says to burn about 2450 and to eat 1450 - so with the 1,000 deficit each day - over a week that is 7000 calories / aka 2 pounds gone! However most days I burn closer to 3,000 - and I have had an average of 3 lbs lost each week since I started I have tried other "diets" but I can't count points, carbs, don't cook well, etc etc. I eat what I want. In fact today I took my kids to the movies and I ate junior mints! But I looked at the box and saw that a serving was only about 16 pieces. I counted out the serving size and that's all I ate - 170 calories The bb program said it was 190 - and I left it that way. So yeah - I'm loving the BBugg!!! I got mine for $99 and I know there are refer a friend programs where you can get $20 off. The online program is free the first 6 months but I plan to keep using it after that - it's not expensive yet i don't recall exactly what the monthly online fee is.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:29 PM   #7  
feelin' good

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hi Everyone,
I don't use BB, but am wondering how you all burn 2,000-3,000 calories a day. Wouldn't that be hours of working out?
Thank you in advance: )
Emama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:14 AM   #8  

I don't work out hours - but once the kids go back to school then I plan to do more than I am. The BB tells me that just sitting still and doing nothing my body burns 1.2 to 1.4 calories a minute. So if I just get up and walk to the kitchen I'm burning more than that. It has a chart that shows you how many calories you were burning at different points in the day. It also tracks your steps. I get my best "burn" time in during my walk..when it says I burn anywhere from 7 to 9 calories per minute. I like to take 2 one hour walks a day but sometimes it's just one walk. There are times when I'm watching a movie with my husband and I fidget - I lift 7 pound weights or jog in place. We have a gazelle - and I use that almost every night for half an hour - not as good as a real walk on a treadmill or outside but it's something. So no, I don't exercise all day. I wish I did though!!
Old 06-24-2012, 11:52 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 8"

I used to use a bodymedia fit, which is very similar to a bodybugg. I have recently switched to a fitbit. I like them both, but with fitbit, I can wear it on my bra strap and there is not a monthly fee.
I typically get to 10,000 steps a day, and 2400-2800 calories burned per day.
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:45 PM   #10  

Thanks, chickadee2!

Envelope, I thought the fitbit was more like a pedometer, i.e., it doesn't have as many features to accurately measure calorie burn as the BB has. Am I wrong about that?
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:38 AM   #11  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

Emama, different people have different burns, depending on gender, age, fitness level, weight, activity, etc. A young person will probably burn more than an older person, even at rest, and a man will burn more than a woman. A fit person with muscles will probably burn more than a non-fit person, and a large or tall person will burn more than a small or short one. This is one reason this BB is so nice. You don't have to use a one size fits all calorie intake diet and starve if you're an active person burning near 3K a day.

I don't go above 2500 most of the time. On a non-work day, unless I put some effort in, I don't go above 2000 calories burned in a day. I'm a 42 year old woman, overweight, and in decent physical shape.

It's surprisingly easy to get the burn up, though, which I only learned because I use Bodybugg. Simple things like taking the stairs instead of the elevator, parking in the furthest parking spot, and just getting up and moving can drive that burn and step count up in a hurry! Then you add in some exercise such as walking, running or a cardio workout, and you're there. Some workouts don't give you much, though. My boot camp class only gives me a couple of hundred calories, but the building of muscle and the HIIT concept gives me a longer burn rate afterwords.

Basically, I find myself doing things just to get the burn up because the Bugg gives me that visual. I check my display and I can see where I'm at and it makes me want to do more.

Lin43, I have compared my numbers to the general numbers out there, and I'm pretty right one. For example, lets just say I run on my treadmill for 30 minutes, it tells me I burned 300 calories. I can check my Bugg and it might say I burned 330. Pretty close. I think these general numbers out there that tell you what you burn doing certain activities are based on averages, so it might not be exact, but it's pretty close. Supposedly the Bugg is 90% accurate.
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:26 PM   #12  

I love seeing posts on this thread!! I love my BB! Burned up to 3100 already today and over 14,000 steps! Twinieten is right - it just makes you want to do more.