Simply Filling/Core - Core/Simply Filling Chat: June 18-24

pam920
06-18-2012, 07:39 AM
new pages

nancy237
06-18-2012, 08:57 AM
Painting the house outside has begun, and I am not feeling well.
I was up most of the night. I hate being sick, it interferes with my plans ;)

Tejas
06-18-2012, 09:08 AM
Thanks for the pages, Pam. You asked about the party. It was for DH's 70th birthday. I did not tell him that Sandra and Curtis were coming, so Curtis was part of the surprise, not the birthday boy.

Nancy, you're supposed to be sleeping now, not being sick! :hug:

Our mayor's run-off race is in its last week and it is really heating up. FB is on fire! :lol:

I'm trying to move toward a mostly liquid diet this week, in sympathy with a friend who hurt herself at cross-fit and has to have her jaws wired shut. She's losing weight, and I'm going to try it for a week and see what happens. I'll still eat some veggies and fruit for the fiber and vitamins/minerals.

Let's keep our fingers crossed for that awful fire in Colorado.

Vickie
06-18-2012, 09:30 AM
Good Morning Chicks!

I'm off to errands and the Dentist.

Have a wonderful on program day!

Vickie
06-18-2012, 05:37 PM
Ugh...Jim needs a crown and we have no dental insurance. Not good.

But I was on plan today. It is hotter than blazes and humid here. When did Illinois become Florida like?

Jackie W
06-18-2012, 07:20 PM
I've got a 14 hour work day tomorrow and I'm trying to get motivated to get dinner/lunch for tomorrow ready. I'm thinking chicken salad on spinach.

ontarget
06-18-2012, 08:36 PM
Rhonda, I have fallen off the wagon and gotten run over. Bummer! Good success with the liquid diet. I'm going back on WW tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow--it's my 16th week celebration. Why did I shoot myself in the foot? Life goes on.

Nancy, I hope you're feeling better. Curtis and I were feeling a little under the weather yesterday. We're better today.

Vickie, I just got a new crown, too. And no dental insurance either. I feel for ya.

Jackie, chicken salad on spinach sounds good.

Did I mention I slid down 2 different slides at the waterpark today? Not bad for an overweight old granny.

nancy237
06-18-2012, 09:42 PM
My internet is out so I ran up to the Starbucks near me to check emails.
I don't know why I don't think of this when I am out of town.

Feeling better, house was a total construction zone between the doors being
replaced and the painting. No matter where I went in the house some guy was
looking in a window.

My windows are all still about 9 inches open, so I need to go home and close them before I have a raccoon in the house.

Hoping my internet will get fixed tomorrow.

Rhonda- let us know how the liquid diets goes..My daughter is in Co right now.
Teluride, Co..I don't think its near the fires.

Tejas
06-19-2012, 09:11 AM
Managed to be about 1/2 liquid yesterday but had great salad at lunch and some fruit during the day. It was OK, and today I'll probably do much the same.

Tejas
06-19-2012, 01:20 PM
I hope this comes through---she lost 300 pounds...

Check out this video from MSN:

Everyday Champions: Jennifer Leonard
http://fitbie.msn.com/everyday-champions?videoId=b52f83c9-4d80-4220-809f-2a00852b5f04&from=email&src=v5:share:email:uuids&from=hub_en-us_fitbie

The MSN Video Team

Tejas
06-19-2012, 07:40 PM
where the heck is everyone??

I'm off to a mayor's race meeting....today was the last day of early voting and Saturday is election day.

Our incumbent no longer owns property in town...he has sold his home, living with his father in law, saying that it is temporary...so, some clever kids made a sign with his picture on it and it says "I don't always live in Denton, but when I do, I'm the mayor." Funny...even to him, I bet.

ontarget
06-19-2012, 08:14 PM
Hi there. I've been on the go all day. First was wi at WW. Shockingly, I was up only .2 lb, so my tracker is still current. Someone up above must be watching over me. :D:

Nancy, hope you don't have any raccoons inside. Sounds like a lot going on. Hope you get your net fixed tomorrow, but that's a good idea about Starbucks.

Rhonda, I don't think I could do the liquid diet. You go, girl!

We haven't had dinner yet. This is really late for us. We've had company and have been out flinging arrows. We had one bunny watching. Life is good.

Got to go. I'm pooped. Have a good evening, everyone.

pam920
06-19-2012, 09:42 PM
hey chicks. Been busy all day and finally relaxing.

Where is Maryann? It's not like her to leave and not tell us. Hope everything is ok.

I don't think I'd last on a liquid diet either. How long are you going to do that Rhonda? Funny about the Mayor.

Sandra, that is a pretty good WI. I'd take it.

Off to relax

Tejas
06-19-2012, 10:10 PM
I'm not doing totally liquid...today I've had a piece of toast, salad, cheese and popcorn. But, mostly liquid. It's ok for now. I like protein shakes with fruit.

Tejas
06-20-2012, 07:23 AM
I win....last on, first on

:woohoo:

nancy237
06-20-2012, 09:12 AM
Worried about Maryann..

The painting is going great but the french door installation has gone from bad to worse. It has created a mess on the deck that is going to be a problem for the deck staining...I need to decide today how to put the whole door thing on hold so painters can finish & then decide how to get doors done right.

Good news is that I like the color we picked !!!

My son has started a job today where he is hiking for weeks at a time with high risk youth. So proud of him...

Land sale closed today...I went Sunday and spent the day there & had my closure..I have the memories..
Jackie, that is land my husband & I planned to retire on . He passed away last year and it was too far from civilization for me to want to live there alone.

Vickie
06-20-2012, 09:51 AM
Good Morning Chicks!

Rhonda.....totally liquid. I did that once for 6 months....lost 75 pounds and found it all again plus more. It's rough. I couldn't go back there again.

I'm off to get my custom orthotics. Now don't I feel like and old woman?!

Have a great on program day, Chicks!

Vickie
06-20-2012, 09:53 AM
Hey Sandra....that bunny must not have seen Hunger Games because it would't have sat there watching you fling arrows!

nancy237
06-20-2012, 04:25 PM
Whew ...working will be easy compared to this..

Back & forth between door installer & painters all day, had to have painters pressure wash deck again and adjust day they will stain because now its wet., put door job on hold & got area cleaned up so painters can stay on schedule, got car to shop & got ride home and picked it up just now..whew..

wishing I had an out house because painters ring doorbell every 30 minutes to potty
I may put them on a potty schedule..every 2 hours everyone goes at the same time like a class of kids...:p

Jackie W
06-20-2012, 06:01 PM
Hello everyone

Nancy- I know selling your property was very difficult. I can not even imagine. I'm glad you like your paint color. I know it is hard for me to pick a paint color. I am also glad to know your painters are not using your shrubs to relieve themselves.

Rhonda- So far our local politicians are at peace. No mud-slinging yet.

Sandra- I love waterparks and I love the slides!

The weather is suppose to be lower 90's, partly cloudy and a breeze on Saturday. I can't wait to go kayaking!

Tejas
06-20-2012, 09:19 PM
Jackie...we're having a run-off for mayor---

I took DH to one of our favorite restaurants in Ft. Worth today and 2 of his 4 kids met us--that part was a surprise for him. He enjoyed it a great deal. We'll go to dinner on Friday night with his daughter and SIL and GKS.

So, I was hardly on a liquid diet today. I had salad with salmon on it...and fresh peach cobbler for dessert...yummy...

OK, I'm with Nancy, where is Maryann? And, Nancy, I don't envy the work you're doing...but glad to hear the land sold.

Vickie, sorry to hear about the needed dental work.

Sandra, glad to hear that you didn't gain.

pam920
06-20-2012, 11:08 PM
evening chicks.

Maryann mentioned her sis was visiting the end of June. Maybe she came earlier than expected. I hope she is ok.

I'll try to get back here in the morning. Too tired to think straight.

nancy237
06-21-2012, 12:18 AM
Had a fun night out with a few friends to celebrate that one got a big promotion..
There is a place we love that has 2.95 appetizers that are amazing
& sorta gourmet..We always get 5 or 6 things and all share .

Hoping painting is finished tomorrow..I am keeping my grandson all weekend and we may go to Ga to see my brother & family if things get finished.

Vickie
06-21-2012, 12:31 PM
Good Morning Chicks!

WOW.....we are all quiet

I just got back from mani/pedi. Big splurge. Driveway demo starts this afternoon.

Hope Mary Ann is ok. I started this post before I left so maybe she's posted by now.

ontarget
06-21-2012, 04:31 PM
Hi there. A few minutes ago I posted some photos on my wall on Facebook. I know I'm still far from goal, but the photos look better than I had thought they would.

Nancy, I am glad you were able to visit your property and get closure. Bless your heart. That had to be tough. You're a strong woman.

Rhonda, I wished Doyle happy birthday on Facebook. I apologize for not getting here yesterday to do the same. I honestly thought I had. Guess I had a senior moment. However, here it is today:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DOYLIE BOY!

I'm glad ya'll had a good time with his kids. You'll have a good time Friday with the grands. Makes me smile.

I took our older granddaughter to her guitar lesson this morning. Afterwards, we got sandwiches at Subway and came home to picnic with PaPa. After the picnic PaPa worked with her flinging arrows . She and I then went to DQ for a cool drink before I took her home. We had a great time.

I'm thinking Maryann's sister was coming, too.

Vickie, I normally wear SAS shoes/sandals. I have orthodics (sp) but haven't worn them in awhile. For some reason my feet are a lot better than they normally are. I have even been able to wear flip flops this summer. Your feet might get better, too. You're not old. You're just a young chickie to me.

Nancy, I just saw your post about your outing with your friends. Sounds good. What appetizers did ya'll share? (I'm living through you right now.)

Pam, are you more rested now? What were you doing?

Jackie, I'm glad you're posting with us. :hug:

Jackie W
06-21-2012, 08:39 PM
I hope everyone had a great day.

I just had dinner (flounder, brown rice and broccoli). Now I am trying to get motivated to take my dog for a walk.

I will be turning in early tonight. I am tired!

pam920
06-21-2012, 09:01 PM
evening ladies.

Jackie, you dinner sounds good. I love fish.

Sandra, wish my granddaughter lived a little closer. I used to do all those things with her mom when she was little. I had subway for lunch too.

Nancy, did you all share dinners? Sounds like a great place.

Vickie, is it as hot there as here? It's in the 90's this week.

Just been busy doing crafty things. I got my powder room finished, except for a few small things, like wastebasket and soap dispenser. I made a big sign to hang over my doorway in kitchen. It says.......dessert first with a big cupcake between both words, lol. I painted the cupcake. It turned out cute.

Rhonda, happy belated birthday to doyle. Have fun celebrating all week.

Tejas
06-21-2012, 09:47 PM
We went out for breakfast rather late in the morning. I had eggs, and then ordered a cherry cobbler just because! :lol: It wasn't as good as I wanted it to be!! Yes, dessert first!

The rest of the day, I was good.

My trainer and I have decided that I'm mostly wasting my appointments while my ankle is a mess, so we're canceling them one by one to see how I feel. I'll go to the gym on my own and do the machines for upper body. Then, when I can actually do stuff I'll go back to seeing him. I don't think I'm going to be up to tap dance performing next week. :(

Nancy, my trainer says he'll come to NC as long as we let him be the naturist that he is. I told him that we wouldn't mind, just don't expect that we'll follow suit ;)

I hope you all have a good night.

sloanie
06-22-2012, 09:11 AM
Mornin' chicks! I am in Disney World with my students. They have finished their competition, and we are off to the parks today and the beach tomorrow! Saturday night we will attend the awards ceremony and find out how they did. I am not eating well, but I am having a great time and walking a lot. I will check in again when I can. Have a great day, y'all!!!

ontarget
06-22-2012, 10:53 AM
Rhonda, bfast out and cherry cobbler. MMMMMMM.......Sounds good to me. You are wise backing off a bit till your ankle heals. It's hard to slow down but you need to give your body a chance to heal. (but you already know that). :hug:

Sloan, enjoy Disney World. I am envious.

Pam, what kind of icing did you paint on that cupcake. (sugar addicts want to know)

Jackie, your dinner sounds delicious. We split a sandwich last night. I didn't want to cook cuz it was so hot here. I didn't want to heat up the kitchen. (A poor excuse is better than none at all for not cooking.)

Vickie, how's your day? We're hoping not to have any more huge dental bills for awhile so we can go to Montana next summer.

I was outside watering and putting up birdseed while rabbits watched this morning. Life is good. Have a great day, all.

Vickie
06-22-2012, 11:29 AM
Good Morning Chicks!

Have fun, Sloan! I bet the walking will offset whatever you are eating.

Rhonda, I know you'll be back dancing and exercising in no time.

Sandra, maybe your feet feel better because you are losing weight? I ordered the wrong size shoes and need to get the new ones and get back to the Podiatrist so she can trim them properly. I love Birkenstocks, so I'm sure that the orthotics will be ok. I just don't like the idea of having to get certain shoes that they will fit in. I still want to look cute in my shoes. I look awful in my clothes because I'm so fat. I'd at least like my shoes to be cute. Oh well.

Pam, I'm sure your bathroom is adorable. I can't believe what you did with that chair. You are so creative.

Nancy, you should be so proud of yourself. I know Robin would be awed at how much you have accomplished. Sometimes I think we don't give ourselves enough credit or think we are as strong as we are.

Jackie, I've never tasted flounder or many kinds of fish for that matter. I've lived my whole life in the southern suburbs of Chicago. I'm a meat and potatoes girl! But....I'd like to be better. How did you prepare it? Any fish I eat has to be out at a restaurant because my husband hates the smell.

They are working on our driveway. The old asphalt one is removed and they have already layed the stones and partially framed for the new one. It has to be inspected twice, so I'm guessing there will be no concrete pour until Monday. We really like the guys we are using so far.

Not sure what lunch is going to be today. I'm guessing something frozen since we stocked up last night on the way home from our weekly date.

I feel so fat. I think tomorrow I will try to get on the treadmill for the first time in a year. Say some prayers that my heel pain doesn't flare up.

beach bum
06-22-2012, 11:56 AM
Hi Ladies:)

Oh My goodness I didn't post for a whole week,YIKES I 'm sorry,that not like me,but I quite busy trying to get my guest room ready for my sister's visit. Why is taking so long is I used that room as a store room and I have all kinds of bins up there that I had to transfer them to make room for her. Than I had church things to do and yesterday I went out with my friend Rita to the 99 restaurant and tomorrow I'm going to my friend Mary to see the movie MOONRISE KINGDOM with Bruce Willis and Bill Murray.

Can't believe that I didn't posts to you ladies and thanks for worrying about me. I fine just busy.

Have a great day and I'll see you next Wednesday

nancy237
06-22-2012, 12:48 PM
Yay Maryann !!!! ..yes I was worried..I came online just now just to see if you had checked in. I was about to come up there and find you !!!!!

Vickie
06-22-2012, 12:56 PM
Phew.....GLAD you're ok, Mary Ann!

ontarget
06-22-2012, 05:07 PM
Vickie, I have seen photos of you. You're a beautiful woman. Yes, you want to lose weight. So do I. But just remember--You are already beautiful!

Maryann, glad all is well with you. When is your sister coming?

I bought some Ken's ff Raspberry Pecan Dressing and am going to have a big salad tonight.

Vickie
06-22-2012, 05:19 PM
Thanks, Sandra. Enjoy you're salad. BTW, I looked at your recent photos and you are the one who is as cute as a Pixie!

I'd love a review on the dressing. I've never purchased Ken's but I do love raspberry.

pam920
06-22-2012, 07:13 PM
Maryann!!!!! I was ready to email you. Glad you are okay and so busy you forgot to stop in, lol.

Vickie, I agree, love my shoes. Always have. Although, anymore, all I wear are flip flops. I had to get my shoe addiction under control, so I've been good the last couple years. Don't buy nearly as many as I used to. I cook fish all the time and never have the fishy smell afterwards.

Sandra, my cupcake has milk chocolate frosting with sprinkles, lol.

I thought I shared my powder room pics. Here is the link

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pam920/sets/72157630029482285/

I am not done, with just a few more minor things to buy. My big expense was the wainscotting. The rest (sink/toilet/dresser) was there, and I made some things.

I made the mexican casserole from SBD recipes, under crock pot phase 2. Mostly core.

ontarget
06-22-2012, 08:27 PM
Thank you, Vickie. And as to the dressing? Great! I had 1 point worth on my salad and that was plenty and it was delicious.

Pam, you're so talented. I love your work. And chocolate? Mmmmmmmmmm....

Jackie W
06-22-2012, 09:23 PM
I'm getting ready for my kayak trip tomorrow. I was worried about the weather. Reports yesterday said there was an increased chance of rain, but it is back to partly cloudy, lower to mid 90's with a 20% chance of isolated thunderstorms. That is common here during the summer. Usually it is hotter though.

I bought a new bathing suit. It is a tankini and some swim shorts. One piece bathing suits are such a pain when nature calls.

Pam- WOW! That powder room is fantastic! It is beautiful!

Vickie- I cheated with the flounder. It was already seasoned. I don't like fishy fish. So I basically only eat very mild tasting fish. Even salmon is too fishy.

Sandra- I do try and cook on the "George Forman" as much as possible because of the heat the oven produces. But, having a 17 year-old training to be a Navy SEAL, means that I have to make a lot of food.

Sloan- I love Disney world! I want to go back so bad.

Everyone have a good evening!

ontarget
06-22-2012, 10:11 PM
Jackie, have a good time tomorrow. What color is your suit? I have a black tankini with black trunks. I have to wear a black (or other color sometimes) sports bra underneath. I hear ya on one piece suits being a pain when nature calls.

Tejas
06-22-2012, 10:21 PM
Maryann, like the others, glad to see you're still here.

I have been really hungry all day. I'm through with the mostly liquid diet, after 5 days. Not working for me :lol: I don't mind one meal a day being a protein shake with fruit, but that's enough. Anyway, today I just ate what and when I wanted. I was good, mostly.

DH's daughter, SIL, and 3 grandkids took us to Outback for DH's birthday and I had salmon and veggies. We passed on dessert--enough cake, ice cream and cobbler for the week--even though it was a birthday week. Enough.

I will be busy all day tomorrow with the city election. I am so tired, I can't imagine how the candidates feel. I hope you all have a good day. And, Jackie, good luck with the kayak trip. I hope all goes well.

Jackie W
06-22-2012, 10:22 PM
Thanks Sandra.
It is black...only because walmart (I'm a big spender), didn't have any colored ones in my size. It is pretty flattering though. Although, I would like to splurge on a really nice suit with some major boob lifting support! Maybe next summer!

I just walked my dog two nights in a row! She is much happier too. I'm trying to get motivated to start the c25k plan and incorporate exercise into my daily routine.

Jackie W
06-22-2012, 10:24 PM
Thank you Rhonda too!

I will post how it went and how incredibly sore I am when I get back!!!

ontarget
06-22-2012, 11:18 PM
Rhonda, have a good day tomorrow. I couldn't do a liquid diet either. You'll be fine. You're one focused chickie.

I'm off here now. Not much planned for tomorrow. Can I start tomorrow's points after midnight? Just wondering.

Vickie
06-23-2012, 09:29 AM
Good Morning Chicks!

Driveway is all prepped for concrete to be poured on Monday. Seems to be going well. We do, however, have water leaking from our bathtub in our brand new master bath into the basement....AGAIN. They gave us some song and dance last time about fittings loosening up from hot water. Liars. Everyone we talked to says that is crazy...including our own regular plumber. They are supposed to come here today to see what needs to be done.

I'm trying to not send me into a tailspin. Actually, I'm not very hungry at all. Mostly sick to my stomach. I guess we chose the wrong contractors.

ontarget
06-23-2012, 10:26 AM
Vickie, :hug: I'm so sorry for your trouble. I hate it when that happens. Be firm with them. And kudos for staying op.

I had cereal with fresh strawberries this morning. I'm not sure yet what's for lunch. Looks like we'll be eating out.

beach bum
06-23-2012, 11:29 AM
HI Ladies:)

:thanks:thank you so much for worrying about me:thanks:

That brought tears to my eyes that your cyber sister worried about me, I really appreciate that.

Had a surprising 2 1/2 hr phone call last night from my friend Maryann from California. She was a newly widowed this year,and we had lots to talk about. Meanwhile my children were bussing the phone[ for Birthday wishes] as I don't know how to use call waiting,and I didn't want to lose the long distance call. I called them both with I got off the phone.

Now today I'm going to the movies with my friend Mary to see Moonrise Kingdom,late this afternoon.We didn't get to Sopranos this year ,as they were giving our priest at our church a farewell party the night we were going to Sopranos for the free birthday dinner.[Only on Wed.]Oh well there's always next year.

NANCYThanks, for worrying,Its nice to have cyber friends like you.I haven't done any real cleaning except for straightening up,and had to get it done. My Friend Rita told me since she came up to the Cape she gotten lazier too,don't know if its the air,or just living in a tourist area that makes us that way.He!He!:lol3:

VICKIE-Thanks for your concern,I'm fine just forget to post.I thought that leaking the bathtub was resolved??? That terrible what are you going to do??? I would bring it to district attorney,or threaten them saying you will go to the district attorney.

SANDRA-My sister is coming on Monday,Yes I looking forward to seeing my sister even if its for a few days I haven't see her since Easter and I won't see her again until Thanksgiving.

PAM-Really thanks for thoughtfulness of worrying about me, I feel really blessed having woman like you to be cyber friends. Oh I love the pix of your new powder room. The only thing I would want is to have handle bars in the bath tub so I don't have to be afraid of falling in the tub,when taking a shower.

:wave:JACKIE-welcome to the thread,sound like you have a exciting life kayaking and swimming I see you every active that great wish I could be active again but with my knee & right hip can't do to much anymore.Hope you have a great time.

RHONDA-Thanks,I'm on a liquid diet[fasting] also but only for two day,other on another board I go to do more than that,I'm going to go into it slowly.

Have to go and start dinner,have a great day and thanks gain for worrying about me.

Vickie
06-23-2012, 01:39 PM
Mary Ann, it's good to have a busy full life! Just don't forget to let us know you're ok. I love that we all care about each other.

Plumber is here now fixing the tub. You know everyone blames the other guy. The company is saying they installed what Kohler and the plumbing supply gave them and it wasn't good enough for my fancy rounded tub. The overflow gasket wasn't thick and pliable enough so all the overflow water was draining straight into the basement. The are putting in a new gasket and a flexible pipe which they say will definitely fix the problem. Now where have I heard THAT before?!

If it happens again, I will be calling some regulatory authority.

Scary part is that I'm now starting to feel a bit hungry. All I had was JC cinnamon rolls for breakfast. I can't eat right now as the guy is here. I'm going out for dinner so I'm not sure what I'll do at the moment. Maybe a toasted FF cheese on seven grain bread. Sounds good and comforting to me.

Hope you are all well.

ontarget
06-23-2012, 04:28 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MARYANN!!!!

Yes, we all worry about you and are so glad you're all right. :hug: It sounds like you and your friend had a good visit. You are good for each other.

Enjoy your day!

Vickie, I hope the plumbing repair works. Are you having to pay for repairs? I hope not. Enjoy dinner out tonight.

Just had some wonderful watermelon. Seems they are better than normal this year. Loving it!!

Tejas
06-23-2012, 07:23 PM
I'm so tired!....off to the watch party...back later....

ontarget
06-23-2012, 07:38 PM
Rhonda, get some rest when you can.

I'm indulging with Ranier cherries. Mmmmmmmm.....

Jackie W
06-23-2012, 08:30 PM
Hello everyone,

The weather was perfect today! I loved kayaking and I can't wait to go back again. Next time I will take the 8 1/2 mile trip. Today was the 5 mile trip.

My muscles are not sore YET, but I am sunburned. I'm very fair and even applying sunscreen 3 times on my trip I still manged to get burned.

Vickie- I hope they manage to fix the leak. I would be very upset.

ontarget
06-23-2012, 08:54 PM
Jackie, I envy you your day. Sounds awesome!

Tejas
06-23-2012, 10:45 PM
we lost.....:(

Tejas
06-24-2012, 07:57 AM
Ok, new day. We lost the mayoral election but it's clear that we woke up the city's citizens to some important issues. We shall see where this all leads.

We're having breakfast with my niece and her husband, then I'll go to church before I take another nap!! :lol:

Vickie, I'm sorry to hear that you've still/again got problems with your house. That can really get you down.

Jackie, I'm envious of your experience! Keep on movin'

Maryann, I hope you had a good birthday. We had a great BD week for DH, who told me that he thought he should be able to celebrate until the end of the month. Why not?!

We've had someone do some minor work around the house--trimming tree, fixing the roof where the squirrels were making messes of the shingles (think I should quit feeding them?), etc. I'm getting out to do some gardening in the early mornings, late afternoons. It's hot, and we have West Nile around the area...but, what the heck!

I hope the tropical storm, Debbie, brings us some rain.

Have a great day everyone....

pam920
06-24-2012, 08:40 AM
Morning chicks.

Rhonda, sorry your candidate lost. Looks like Debbie is in my area in Florida, so we will probably have lots of rain.

Jackie, glad you had fun yesterday. I have a fear of water, so no kayaking for me. We have a boat but I never go on the lake.

Vickie, hope your plumbing problem is fixed.

Maryann, Happy Birthday............

Sandra, I bought some cherries too. Haven't tried any yet.

sloan, hope you are having a great time in Florida.

Nancy, did they finish painting your house?

My daughter needs to get some supplies for her salon and then groceries, so I'll tag along. Otherwise, I'm taking it easy today.

Jackie W
06-24-2012, 10:24 AM
Good morning,

Rhonda- I'm sorry your candidate lost. I don't like when my candidate loses.

It looks like Debbie is going to bring a lot of rain to everyone on the Gulf Coast. I hope it makes it to y'all in Texas.

I'm already planning to go kayaking again on Saturday. I LOVED it! I guess I will have to look into buying a kayak.

ontarget
06-24-2012, 02:31 PM
Rhonda, even though your candidate didn't win, it sounds like ya'll are making a difference. I'm proud of you.

We were just talking about what to do about scheduling folks to come out here to shoot. As of now they've been mainly coming @ 4:30 on Tuesdays and Thursdays. It's not going to be healthy to continue with that scheduling due to heat. We may have to discontinue till the new local archery shop opens August 1. We're still meeting this Tuesday. I'm guessing this will be the last till August. Okay, I'm repeating myself now.

We went to church then out to lunch with friends today. I had a wonderful ALMOST CORE lunch of lean roast beef, yams, green beans, and corn. If I hadn't had the roll (Just 1), I would have been CORE. Well, guess it was CORE + 4 WAP's. I am feeling proud of myself for making better choices most of the time. Yesterday I tried on (And it fit!) a size smaller dress--and the dress was a fitted sheath. Life is good.

Ya'll have a spectacular Sunday. I'll catch you later.

Tejas
06-24-2012, 02:35 PM
I'm going to take a well-deserved nap, then power wash the screened- in porch and patios. I will also do a bit of gardening, if I don't take another nap!

This month of being hobbled has not been good for my weight. I've put on at least a pound a week, so I have to start working on that (again :( ). It won't be so difficult with all the wonderful and fresh fruits and veggies around now.

ontarget
06-24-2012, 02:50 PM
Pam and Jackie, would you send Debbie our way so we can get some rain?

Jackie, I'm taking the girls swimming again tomorrow. Looks like this will be a weekly Monday outing. You're going to really enjoy kayaking again Saturday. Sounds like fun and a great workout.

Rhonda, don't overdo it outside. I'm stuck on the recliner right now but need to water some plants later today. Did I tell you we have a nest of baby birds on our front porch? I think Doyle has a good idea about celebrating through June. Sounds good to me.

Tejas
06-24-2012, 05:31 PM
What a wonderful nap I had!! :woohoo:

No, Sandra, I don't think you mentioned the baby birds. I see some adolescent birds flitting around our feeders now.

I'll take it easy outside--it is still hot out there, I just noticed.

ontarget
06-24-2012, 05:33 PM
Glad you're taking it easy. I haven't been outside yet. My potted plants that are on the porches are getting thirsty so I'll go out before too long.

Tejas
06-24-2012, 10:04 PM
I spent over 2 hours power washing our screened-in porch and 2 level patio. That was a lot of work, and a LOT of water. Of course, it is still not clean. I will do a bit more tomorrow. I see why I don't do it very often, and should probably do it more often.

I then went to the hot tub for a good soak, followed by icing my ankle.

Jackie W
06-24-2012, 10:52 PM
It looks like Pam will be the big winner of the rain coming with Debby. Stay safe!

Sandra-congrats on the smaller dress size. Monday outings with the grands sounds like a lot of fun and something they will remember forever!

I haven't really lost any more weight. It is frustrating because I have been sticking mostly to the core foods. I have started counting my calories also to make sure I am not eating too much/ too little. Grrr, must be just monthly issues. Oh well, I feel great and that is the most important thing.

I have finally started walking my dog every night. Once my sunburn is gone I think I am going to start the c25k plan.

Everyone have a great Monday!!