Tejas
06-11-2012, 08:56 AM
:cool: New pages!

Tejas
06-11-2012, 08:56 AM
...off to physio....back later.

ontarget
06-11-2012, 12:33 PM
Rhonda, thank you for the new pages. Enjoy physio.

Good morning, all. We've walked loops around the field and have had bfast. I'm making lunch in a few minutes. Tomorrow is WI.

Catch you later.

Tejas
06-11-2012, 01:45 PM
survived physio, now off to see the trainer for upper body and core exercises...

Why, oh why, do I crave sugar? Ridiculous! :tantrum:

ontarget
06-11-2012, 03:53 PM
Rhonda, wish I knew the answer. If you find out, let me know.

Tejas
06-11-2012, 04:03 PM
Trainer cancelled, so I took a nap :) Sugar cravings passed, thank goodness.

We have severe weather predicted again for our area (here and NW, Sandra, not your way).

I'm going out to grocery shop before they hit. I was cooking a pot of beans and burned them--again. Honestly, it's only crock pot beans from now on!

pam920
06-11-2012, 06:14 PM
hello chicks.

Rhonda thanks for the new pages. Did you have the hiccups? You posted the same thing 3 times, lol.

Sandra, good luck with WI.

We have light rain, then sun, then clouds, then sun. One of those days when you feel like blahhh. Got my hair trimmed. Other than that, I'm being lazy today.

nancy237
06-11-2012, 06:27 PM
I was cooking a pot of beans and burned them--again.

Had to laugh at the again & again & again LOL

ontarget
06-11-2012, 07:21 PM
Rhonda, be safe! What's with the trip posting? I can tell you're related to me for sure.

Pam, we're having a blah day today, too. I'm bored but not bored enough to clean house.

sloanie
06-11-2012, 09:37 PM
Hey Rhonda, I googled sugar cravings and found several interesting articles. Maybe one of those could give you some insight.

Our day has been blah, too! Rainy and overcast all day. I have been busy in the kitchen and cooked all of the meat for this week's entrees and put it in the freezer. I will be in inservice the next three days, so it will be a big help to have dinner started.

Hope you all have a great night!

Tejas
06-12-2012, 12:08 AM
what triple posting ;) My post wasn't showing, so I guess I just kept posting.

again, again, and again....that's what it is like with me and burning beans, for sure.

I'll check out the sugar craving articles. It's ridiculous at times. I'm better if I just stay away from it totally.

No storms have arrived but there are thunderclouds on the horizon. Only one hour left on the warnings, so maybe we'll be spared.

Tejas
06-12-2012, 12:17 AM
spoke too soon....THUNDER!!

beach bum
06-12-2012, 12:19 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Thanks Rhonda for the new pages.

Had a great time with my friends seeing "The Exotic Marigold Hotel" with all the old English Actors & Actresses. The story could have being cut down to 1 hr instead of the dragged it out 2 hrs.

After I go home I had supper and than took a snooze.Its still hitting me,hope that I will be back to normal before my sister visits.

Got my Early Girls tomato plants planted in my whiskey pots. Hope that its time enough for the tomatoes to grow by the end of July to the beginning of Aug.

Nancy-BELATED :woo: HAPPY BIRTHDAY :woo: to you,hope you had a wonderful time.

Have to go and start dinner before I go to Walmart and have my pictures of the trip to be processed.

Have a great day

ontarget
06-12-2012, 02:44 PM
Rhonda, we heard thunder and saw lightning but got no rain. Bummer!

I am in a bad mood. Went to WI. Stayed the same. Regrouped and decided to change some habits I'd fallen into lately. I guess I was mainly upset because I was in the 170's Saturday (or was it Friday?) but was back up to 180.4 today. :yikes: :tantrum:

Life goes on.

pam920
06-12-2012, 03:40 PM
hello.

Sandra, you are so close to the 170's. You will do it next week. I was 160 on Sunday, 162 on Monday and 160 again today. Go figure. I guess it just depends on what we eat the day before. Don't get discouraged. It will happen.

Maryann, you should be fine by the time your sis visits.

My lower back is aching today. I know it's this weather. Feels like it's telling me it's going to rain. That kind of ache. Went grocery shopping. Had Mexican for lunch (I know, that is bad).

I need a nap.

sloanie
06-12-2012, 06:56 PM
Inservice 8:30-4 today :dizzy: Now I'm decompressing with a glass of Sangria ;) Still "piddling" at Core, but I am at least planning meals. Hope to get more intense before school starts. Hope you all have a relaxing evening!

ontarget
06-12-2012, 07:07 PM
Thank you, Pam. I needed a good pep talk. We had Mexican for dinner. I made some quesadillas.

Sloan, when do you go back to school? Soon?

Have a good evening, everyone. I'll be back tomorrow.

nancy237
06-12-2012, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the Happy Birthday wishes...It was a great week with lots of family & friend time. I ate out at really nice places 4 nights in a row..
Italian,Steakhouse,Seafood & then another Italian ...

Amazingly I didn't gain last week..

The dog has to go. He is anxious unless right near me and I am taking him to meet a family tomorrow that is home almost all the time. When I leave he starts his chewing of whatever he can find(electrical sockets, cords to the power tools, trash) He keeps me awake at night , but if I put him out he cries..

I am working on a paint choice for the house . I have 5 samples I need to put up. They pressure wash in a few days and then paint next week. I will be releived when its done if I like it..

Sandra- Its just a fluctuation...I am up & down 2-3 lbs in one day depending on what I ate.

Sloan - Sangria sounds good !!

Rhonda- Have you burned any beans today :chef:

Maryann- glad you are catching up on your rest, my tomatos are terrible behind.

Pam - Hope your back feels better

ontarget
06-12-2012, 08:47 PM
Nancy, it sounds like the dog is very stressful. You're wise to pass him on to another family. Maybe he'll work out better for them. I hope so. I had a friend tell me today that I ate too much starch yesterday that probably caused the gain. I had pinto beans, potatoes, and cornbread. I was within my points but the starch prob stuck to my bones. :lol:

sloanie
06-12-2012, 09:58 PM
Sandra, we go back to school in the first week of August. We are in mandatory inservice this week. Next week I go to Disney World with DH and four students for National Health Occupations Students of America competition. Folks don't realize how much teachers do in the summer!

Nancy, sorry to hear about the dog, but you are doing the right thing giving him to a family that can give him more attention. Have you painted sample colors on your house to see how the paint looks in the natural light? My friend did that, and it really helped her make a decision.

Tejas
06-12-2012, 10:51 PM
oh boy....I tried a little dancing today. Ouch. My foot swelled like crazy--it's too soon even though it has been 3 weeks today. This is getting boring!

Sandra, I go up and down, up and down all the time...that too is boring!

I'm bored. :yawn:

Actually, I'm not. The local mayor's race is getting a bit HOT :devil: so that's not boring.

I worked a bit in the yard tonight, transplanting some grass and dividing some plants. My joints and ligaments just aren't what they used to be :)

Sorry about the dog Nancy, but it will all work out I bet. Last night during the thunder our dog was stuck right on me but when I went to bed she went to DH for company.

Tomorrow I am going with my niece to see her father/my brother at the VA where we moved him. It's not too far away.

Night all--

ontarget
06-13-2012, 12:17 AM
Sloan, you're right. Teachers do a lot during the summer. I used to spend a lot of time making bulletin boards and going to workshops--not to mention cheerleader camp. :lol:

Rhonda, I've been bored, too. I didn't realize how much I was enjoying subbing. We were going to work with some folks this afternoon (archery) but had to cancel because of weather.

Tejas
06-13-2012, 09:17 AM
:woohoo:

I just got an email from my niece who lives here and she got a new job. Why is this a big deal?

She has been driving 45-60 minutes one way for YEARS to go to her teaching job in Ft. Worth. Now, she will have about a 20 minute drive in the other direction and away from traffic. I have been so worried about her having to drive so far and be soooo tired so much of the time. Now, she will be safer and have more time to take better care of herself.

There's gonna be some celebrating going on today!!! :cheer: :cheer:

More storms around today and we're postponing our trip to next week. Hopefully, we can work in a trip between storms.

Vickie
06-13-2012, 11:00 AM
Good Morning Chicks! We are well, though still a trifle busy. My eating is vastly improved but not yet what anyone would call on program. I need to go to the Farmers Market tomorrow to try to get some yummy fruits and vegetables to entice me and Jim.

Gentle walking is working for me, now I must try to be a bit more patient than my friend Rhonda. I don't want to undo 6 months of physical therapy.

Sandra, I'm sorry you didn't lose what you hoped at WW. Stay the course and lordy woman.....stay OFF the scale. Sheesh, we are so much alike. Then you wouldn't have been expecting a huge loss.

Rhonda, I can see why you are bored but maybe your body is telling you to rest and relax. Do you have a great book to read? I've read several lately, including my newest obsession which is the Hunger Games trilogy. The only thing that bothers me about that trilogy is that I fear it is not completely out of the realm of possibility. Only partially kidding. Anyway, who knew archery was SOOOO sexy?! Oh yeah.....Sandra did! I also just read a book written by the Secret Service Agent who served Jackie Kennedy. It was a good and interesting read. I'm a bit of a Kennedy junkie since I fell in love with the President when I was about 5 years old. Enough charisma to charm a 5 year old! Now I'm about to start reading the Kennedy Detail which is supposed to be about the President. I'm sure I'm going to read things about him that I don't want to believe.......:o

Sloan, you and I are both slowly easing back into the routine and will start to be successful again soon.

Pam, I never got to tell you what an amazingly talented lady you are. That chair transformation was just stunning. I never would have bought that chair because I never would have had the vision. Really well done!

Nancy, I hate to hear that the dog will have to be rehomed again, but I certainly understand. You need to consider your and the dog's quality of life. I would never make a dog live outside (though I do understand that in some places of the country dogs are made to live outside 24/7) because it's just not my way. The dog doesn't sound happy and neither do you. Jim and I tried to adopt a retired show dog in between Cassie and Brodie. She was here for 3 or 4 days and we believe she was trying to make herself die. She wouldn't eat, drink, poop, play or even look at us. She'd been in a kennel with other dogs all her life and had no clue how to bond with us or be an only dog. We took her back to the breeder and she has now been adopted into a wonderful family with multiple dogs and is doing great. So follow your heart. It sounds like things with the house and property are moving along. How is your eating plan going? I need to read about some successes!!!!

Mary Ann....how are you? Recovered yet?

Time for breakfast!

This morning I go to a research facility to make $25 for doing a taste test.....I know....I know....almonds. Then home and to run a bunch of errands. Tile guy blew us off again to come and repair one of the decorative tiles. I'll NEVER use that company again. 6 months and we are still trying to get our punch list done.

Talk to you all soon.

Vickie
06-13-2012, 11:02 AM
Rhonda, great news for your Niece! I'm glad to hear that it is possible to get jobs again. I'm hopeful that means the country is moving in the right direction.

Vickie
06-13-2012, 11:04 AM
Oh yeah....all went well at the Dermatologist yesterday. Jim got a few pre-cancerous spots frozen off and I got diagnosed with rosacea and got some cream for it. It doesn't bother me but Doc says to treat it when it's mild. So some cream on my face every night before bed. I know I'm getting old because my bed time routine is getting really LONG....eye drops; face cream.....etc. Sigh.

ontarget
06-13-2012, 01:19 PM
Vickie, you're right about the scales. I need to stay off them. Now why didn't I think of that? :dizzy: You're not old. You're just mature. Congrats on getting back on track. I'll stay there, too. We can get our weight off.

Rhonda, what trip? And a huge congratulations to your niece. I totally understand your worrying about her drive. I worry about Derik. He drives an hour and 15 minutes one way daily. He's not in heavy traffic, but he's on a 2 lane FM that has a lot of gas trucks. I worry a lot!

We slept in this morning. I'm making spaghetti for lunch then will go to town to get more fruit/veggies. We seem to go through them quickly.

beach bum
06-13-2012, 01:44 PM

We're getting some rain fall right now,and its for the rest of the day.So I not going out today except for a doctors appointment at 1:45 for an annual blood test. Hope that he takes my A1C reading to see if my low carbing lowered my blood sugar and I don't have diabetes.

This morning I joined to help our local soup kitchen,my first duties will be this Friday for 3 hrs[helping in cooking,serving clients and washing up]There's 4 people and the group leader & its only the third Friday of each month,so I can do that.

SANDRA-So sorry to see you jumped up 10 lbs since Sat. That's happened to me last thanksgiving[159.5/179] 20lbs and the reason I swell up was that my bruists on my hip was inflamed and made me blow up like a balloon once I got a cortisone shot the water that was swelling my hip area went down,but not to 159 again. I hung up there until the New Years at[170] I hear your pain,as I'm still working on to my last 6.5 lbs to get to 159 again.

PAM-I hope so,woman from my church is still felling jet lag but she goes to sheep early evening I have my snooze around 3 PM. Sorry about your back, my hip and knee goes out when it rains. I guess its part of getting old.

NANCY-Thanks,but I must get started on my guest room soon before my sister visits. Hope my early girls get some hot weather to grow,I love the temps were are having in the 70's but my tomatoes like the 90's.Sorry to hear about your dog,chewing everything when your now home.I'm glad I don't have animals to take care of,especially when I'm not home that much.

VICKIE-Thanks,I'm recovering but very slowly. Happy to know that your DH got off his precancerous spots taken off. I think I will have to take off the big spots off my back,but my doctor tells me not to worry as they are skin tags that got larger. I will show him today and see what he says about them again.

Have a great day

ontarget
06-13-2012, 02:02 PM
Nancy, I maintained this week, but I was just as mad as if I'd gained 10 lbs. I see where you got the 10 lbs. Sorry for being misleading. I weighed 180.4 the last 2 Tuesdays at WI but was 179.2 on the scales Saturday. That's why I was expecting a loss this Tuesday at WW. Hopefully, I'm making the right adjustments and will see a good loss this coming week.

Tejas
06-13-2012, 06:18 PM
Eating has been good but I ordered 1/2 of a BLT today. It was delicious. We went to vote in Mayor's race, then out to lunch.

I went to physio and it hurt like heck. OH well.

Sandra, we were going to go to Bonham to see my brother. Next week...

Vickie, I'm reading "The Death of Josseline" about immigration policies. Very moving.

I'm digging out old cookbooks to see if I can revive some old recipes. Remember the "Moosewood Cookbook"?

ontarget
06-13-2012, 06:28 PM
Rhonda, there should be some good vegetarian recipes there. Let us know if you find something that would be points/CORE friendly.

I'm glad you got back into physio today but am sorry you're hurting. I hope it's a "good" hurt.

Friends called and had us meet them for lunch today. I didn't have to cook or better yet wash dishes. (even though I use a dishwasher) We enjoyed a long visit with them. They are the ones we were dining with every Wednesday while Ladies' Bible Class was meeting. It was good to be with them again.

Now I need to go to WW etools and journal what I've eaten today. Ya'll have a good evening.

Vickie
06-14-2012, 11:35 AM
Good Morning Chicks! It's going to be in the 90's for the next couple of days here. It would have been SUCH a great pool year. I knew that it would be blisteringly hot here since we decided to take the pool out last fall. I'm voting that we all meet at Nancy's house for a long hot weekend!!!

I just have a few errands to run today and then date night. Hope you are all doing great on program and staying cool!

ontarget
06-14-2012, 05:49 PM
Vickie, sometimes I miss the pool I used to have, too, but not enough to do all the work that goes with one. I'm taking the grands to Splash Station (waterpark) Monday and plan to hop in myself. :beach:

Just got home from taking the grands to see the new Madagasgar movie. (I knew I couldn't spell it right.) We had a great time. Afterwards we had a late lunch. In about an hour folks are coming for an archery lesson. Then after that Curtis and I are going to a potluck at church.

I am doing great with my eating and even got a little walking in this morning. Life is good.

nancy237
06-14-2012, 05:56 PM
I'm voting that we all meet at Nancy's house for a long hot weekend!!!

Now wouldn't that be fun !! :swim:
Rhonda, can you bring a cute trainer or two. Was it Todd ??

Tucker is meeting a family tomorrow that has a
6 year old autistic boy that loves dogs. The dad said that they have noticed that the boy connects with dogs & the boy's teacher told them that
a dog like Tucker that bonds with one person and stays by their side would be good for him. If that works out I will feel great that Tucker has gone on to
such a wonderful purpose !!! He really is such a loving dog.

Picking paints is so hard for me. I found a house that had what I wanted today and knocked on the door and asked. Super nice people and they gave me the name of the paint. I have to decide by Sunday. I have 10 samples on my shed...

Tejas
06-14-2012, 11:12 PM
oh yeah, Todd was the cute young one. Don is the cute old one! I'll bring both of them :lol:

ontarget
06-14-2012, 11:48 PM
Okay, I'm going to admit it. I'm human. I had too much dessert at the potluck tonight, but boy! Was it yummy!

Curtis and I got home and walked one loop (1/3 mile) around the field. That won't take care of all the sugar but we don't feel quite as guilty.

Rhonda, bring both.

Nancy, what time should we all be there? Glad Tucker's going to go to a good place.

Tomorrow I am dusting (Again!). Rhonda, you may have to slap my hand Saturday.

Night night, evryone.

Vickie
06-15-2012, 10:15 AM
Good Morning Chicks! Lots of yard work being done at our house today but not by us. I'm the plan manager which means some stress because these companies do not always hire the best and brightest.

Eating was pretty good yesterday and I hope to be even better today.

Still waiting on our driveway. It was supposed to be done next week but we are now told the 25th. Sigh.

Tejas
06-15-2012, 10:39 AM
Sandra, shall I tie one hand behind your back?

For others--we are referring to a birthday party I'm having for DH, who is Sandra's first cousin.

There will be many food challenges! But, I'll have lots of options. However, there it will be required to eat cake and ice cream. It's a :hb: party, after all!

pam920
06-15-2012, 10:42 AM
Morning chickaroos.

Vickie, good to hear you are OP. Send your crew over here when they are done. We need lots of yard work done.

So, what time do we meet at Nancy's? Sounds like a fun time.

Tomorrow my daughter and I are going shopping in Lexington, KY. Then we are spending the night with my granddaughter. Sunday we are going to the fair. I am almost done with my powder room. Just need to find a rug. Then I'll take pics.

Sister just called. Gotta go.

sloanie
06-15-2012, 11:45 AM
Mornin' chicks! Just finished 3 horrible days of inservice, and now I have to get ready to go out of town for 8 days with four of my students. It will be a fun time but will certainly not be the same as a family vacation. Oh well, it's paid for, so I won't complain. The next few days will be very busy, so I may just lurk a bit. Hope you all have a great weekend planned, and will be loving on or remembering the first man in your life on Sunday! TTFN

Tejas
06-15-2012, 12:11 PM
Sandra...did you feel the earthquake down your way?

beach bum
06-15-2012, 05:55 PM

Had a busy morning, first to church and than to the soup kitchen for my first time. I think I'm going to like it there as the people that I'm working with are very friendly. they showed me the ropes and its not to difficult to master.

Think I'm going down to the beach to get my walking done,as it seems like a nice day for walking down there.WoW!!! I didn't realize until now that I was MIA yesterday. Don't remember why I didn't post,Oh I went to Dunkin Donuts to meet with the tour leader around 12 n until 1PM but that's all I did for the day.

Sorry I'm posting so late and now I have to mail my bills and walk down to the street to my mail box. have a great evening.

ontarget
06-15-2012, 06:10 PM
Rhonda, I did feel the earthquake. I was up reading. The indulgence I had at the potluck kept me awake till about 3 am. I hear the quake was about 3.1.

I promise you I will eat cake and ice cream. After one serving we may need to tie my arm. My right arm.

Vickie, kudos for being back on plan. I am proud of you and happy for you.

Sloan, enjoy your trip. make thee best eating choices you can (and want).

Maryann, so you were at Dunkin Donuts? Sounds good to me.

Terri came over this morning and Curtis coached us while we flung arrows. We had a good time. I am so glad to have her back in my life as a friend. I remember well when she was in the 4th Grade. Now she's almost as old as I am. :lol:

Have a good day, all.

nancy237
06-15-2012, 07:04 PM
Wow..Its been busy here with lots to do before Sunday.
The dog went with his new family today and I loved the family.
I think he will be well cared for. I have almost zeroed in on my paint choice
for the house. A friend is going to replace my 2 french doors that go out to the deck. They were in bad shape and I kept thinking I could repair them but
replacing will be better. I friend is doing it next week while the house is being painted. I think the land closing is today or Monday. Its being done by mail so everything is done on my end..The tree I wanted off the land is 1/2 here and I am going back tomorrow to get some more of the large branches.
I wanted it to have some keepsakes made from the wood (persimmon)

So I am feeling like a lot has been accomplished and by the end of June the house should be looking pretty good. I may try to sell in July or just hold on til next spring.

Seriously, if any of you are ever coming through NC & the Raleigh area I would love for you to visit & stay here..When I get caught up we may just have to plan a party !!!

ontarget
06-15-2012, 08:51 PM
Nancy, sounds good. And thank you for the invitation.

Tejas
06-15-2012, 11:19 PM
I'll come to NC, Nancy!

I'm watching Wallenda walk the tightrope across Niagara Falls. Scary. The falls are unbelievable.

nancy237
06-15-2012, 11:57 PM
I am going to have my first good nights sleep since May 10th.
Tucker woke me up a lot because he was so restless at night
and then wanted to play by 5 am..

I may sleep til noon..

pam920
06-16-2012, 09:56 AM
morning.

Getting ready to leave for the weekend. Might not be back until Monday. Going shopping and then to granddaughters house.

Have a great weekend.

ontarget
06-16-2012, 10:45 AM
I'm going to Rhonda's today! Have a great Saturday, everyone. Nancy, get some zzzzzzz's.

beach bum
06-16-2012, 03:32 PM

Waiting for my handy man to put my a/c in even though I don't need them now with our cool temps of high 70's but just in case the temps start going up higher in the next two weeks my sister will be uncomfortable without the A/C's

Nothing new except I got on the scale this morning and I'm 164 so I'm happy as I haven't been that weight way before Leo passed away and that going to be 3 years in November.

Yes,I like helping out in the soup kitchen,the group that I'm working with are great people and hard workers.When I was in the Service center we had a younger people and the girls didn't like to work just hanging around and having donuts & coffee instead of helping the clients that came in a other woman and I had to do all the work,but here in the kitchen it looks like every one does its part.

My tomatoes are growing nicely just hope it get a little warmer for them as they love the hot & humid weather,I don't,but if you want to grow tomatoes you have to put up with that.

SANDRA-I only had coffee when at Dunkin Donuts,but while I was in there it was quit temping to order one of those jelly donuts,but I resisted and my weight went down. Have a good time at Rhonda's

NANCY-Thanks for the invitation, this year I think I going to stay put,that was a long trip and I'm just getting off of the jet lag.Maybe next year I take up your offer.

PAM-Have a wonderful weekend with your family and granddaughters.

Have a great evening

Tejas
06-16-2012, 07:24 PM
It was great to see Sandra and Curtis today...can you believe we didn't take any pictures????!!

I couldn't find my camera and was too busy to look for it. But, we had a good time and DH was really pleased to see my family and his!

Vickie
06-17-2012, 08:45 AM
Good Morning Chicks!

No PICTURES!!!!!

Harumph!

I'm off to do something fun today. Talk to you all later.

ontarget
06-17-2012, 11:31 AM
We had a great time at Rhonda and Doyle's. Rhonda is a wonderful hostess (as expected). Doyle looked surprised when he saw us. There were lots of family and friends there. We all had a grand time. Thank you again, Rhonda, for all your hard work putting it all together.

Jackie W
06-17-2012, 06:53 PM
I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

I had to work this weekend but I am looking forward to my three day weekend. I have a short kayak trip planned with some of my coworkers on Saturday and I'm excited!

Nancy- I'm glad you found a home for Tucker. I know how hard it is to give up a pet.

I look forward to getting to know you all better.

ontarget
06-17-2012, 08:40 PM
Jackie, Curtis and I used to have a kayak when we lived in Montana. We also had a canoe.

I think Nancy kayaks.

Where will you go for your kayak trip? You're going to have a lot of fun. Can I ask you your age? I'm 65.

Tejas
06-17-2012, 08:40 PM
Thanks Sandra...the party was fun. DH was surprised because I hadn't told him that you two were coming...I let him believe it was going to be just my family so that he would have some surprise.

I went to church, then out with my niece for a short while....then I SLEPT!

Tejas
06-17-2012, 08:42 PM
I spent decades in Canada when kayaking is very popular...but, have been in one only on Texas lakes, twice.

Jackie W
06-17-2012, 09:25 PM
Sandra- I am a mature 38 year-old (if that makes any sense). I had my first child at the age of 20. So at the age of 38 (almost 39) I will be an empty nester! My eldest son will join the Navy in January and my youngest (16 year-old) lives with his father.

I live in Gulfport, Mississippi and I am going on a river trip. But, I want to purchase a kayak so that I can take it out to the gulf whenever I want to.

I made a promise to myself when a classmate died in Afghanistan in April that I was going to start living! So this is just part of my getting out of my funk and living!!

ontarget
06-17-2012, 09:57 PM
Jackie, thank you so much for telling us about yourself. I totally understand what you're saying about being a mature 38. Kudos to you for deciding to start living. I am very happy for you. I am 65 yo and have been retired from teaching since Christmas 1997. My husband and I compete in archery championships.

I have been here on 3FC for about 12 years. The ladies here are awesome. Welcome to the group.

Tejas
06-17-2012, 10:40 PM
:lol: Sandra says she "competes" in archery!!! She meant to say she cleans the floor with her opponents.

pam920
06-17-2012, 11:31 PM
evening chicks.

Welcome Jackie. I hope you stay and post with us.

Rhonda, did you have a surprise party for Curtis? that is great that Sandra was able to sneak in.

My daughter and I shopped on Saturday. Then we went to my granddaughters to spend the night. Today, my great granddaughter competed in her first pageant. It was the county fair. She won 1st place. Her title is Little Miss Princess, Clark County, 2012. She will be in 2 parades and help the Salvation Army. I'm so proud of her. My granddaughter is not one of those pageant moms, but we did see a few there. It was fun and we were all tickled pink when she won.

I'm tired. Didn't get home till after 9 pm. Don't want to get on the scale tomorrow. I was bad this weekend.

ontarget
06-17-2012, 11:48 PM
Pam, Curtis is my husband. The party was for Rhonda's. Congratulations to your granddaughter. That's very impressive. I'll bet she's an adorable Little Miss Princess.

pam920
06-18-2012, 01:00 AM
:dizzy: I'm sorry Sandra. I knew that. Was just tired. I know Doyle belongs to Rhonda and Curtis is your man.