Old 06-08-2012, 12:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/138 - 2012; Reboot 175/140

Height: 5"4

Default Who would you recommend IP to?

I've read a lot of posts of people saying how they would recommend IP to someone even though most uneducated people talk negatively about it.. i totally agree!!!

That said, a few days ago on the Today show, they had this guy that gained back most of his weight after being 600 + lbs before. His story just broke my heart and I was just wondering if he ever heard of IP. He lost the weight through exercise and calorie counting. I just think this poor guy just needed to be educated through IP to be able to stick to his weight loss and new self. He stated he didn't recognize the man he was seeing in the mirror and went back to his old ways.

I'm so grateful to have found IP and learned how my body should function! It also gave me a better understanding at how I should treat my body and take care of it.

Just hearing his story made me want to reach out to him and talk to him about IP and how he can find a solution.

Who would you recommend IP to? anyone famous? I would try and get Oprah into IP.

Have a great day everyone..
momat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:55 PM   #2  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

I would recommend this program to EVERYONE, I have written to Dr Oz about the program, telling him about the success I have had on it. Of course I have never heard anything back from him, which I knew I wouldn't. They were asking for people who have loss over 100lbs while dieting. The guy I am talking too suggested that I write to one of the Talk shows telling them about my success on the diet and what life changing things I will have to go through since I loss my job. I have no insurance anymore so getting my extra skin removed is out of the question for now. I know I have at least 30lbs of extra skin. Maybe if I would write one of them they would take me as a "case" and help me with that. Maybe one day I will write them for now I will continue to lose my weight.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:06 PM   #3  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Good idea Lisa!

I believe you SHOULD be on TV in order to inspire others like you inspire us.

I hope someone would answer you soon.
sandralosingweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:38 PM   #4  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I would recommend this program to EVERYONE, I have written to Dr Oz about the program, telling him about the success I have had on it. Of course I have never heard anything back from him, which I knew I wouldn't. They were asking for people who have loss over 100lbs while dieting. The guy I am talking too suggested that I write to one of the Talk shows telling them about my success on the diet and what life changing things I will have to go through since I loss my job. I have no insurance anymore so getting my extra skin removed is out of the question for now. I know I have at least 30lbs of extra skin. Maybe if I would write one of them they would take me as a "case" and help me with that. Maybe one day I will write them for now I will continue to lose my weight.
Lisa,
You are so inspirational and positive even through great strife. Reading your posts and watching your videos is why I even started this diet. I trolled the site for over a month before joining and starting. Seeing how positive you were in the last week even through your job loss and still loosing weight helped me stay positive while my mom was in sugary. I would support and encourage anyone who was a doubter to see your story. Thanks for all you do.
Tigerlvr52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:13 AM   #5  

I would recommend this diet to people who have tried every diet and are to quote one of our regulars on the forum-- sick and tired of being sick and tired (I really love that quote). I think you have to be ready for this program. This is not a quick fix solution, but a complete overhaul.
explore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:34 AM   #6  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Everyone and anyone who wants to lose weight and learn to eat health again.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:49 AM   #7  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Lisa - I wonder if one of the "major transformation" type shows would take you on as a story? I imagine that knowing you lost all this weight and inspired so many, only to have life kick you in the pants would be moving, and maybe they'd help for the surgery. I don't know anyone who deserves to have their ideal figure match their amazing personality more than you
Kaypix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:47 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'9"

I'm going home in a few short weeks and there will be LOTS of people who could use IP. I've look into clinic's near them and am geared with information. I hope they'll make the step, but I doubt they will. Most people who have seen me and NEED the diet completely drop the idea once they find out they can't drink on it - seriously people, if you life is SO surrounded by drinking you need bigger help than a diet can give you!!!
NOVAScents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:54 AM   #9  
Restart IP 10/19/2013

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Keep sending letters to Dr. Oz and try Oprah too. I'm sure they get so many that they get overlooked. Maybe include before and after photos.
sekc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:47 AM   #10  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

I have talked to a couple friends about this diet but in the end didn't recommend it to them. They both started Jenny Craig and one has so far dropped out to do it on her own. The reason I couldn't recommend IP in the end is because they both want to insert their own will to do things different than the program will allow. They insist on little cheats on a semi-regular basis and have all sorts of excuses to justify. I've tried to support their journey whatever the path, but this frustrates me. I can see the pattern already: diet, lose, gain, diet, etc.

I would recommend this diet to someone ready to make a life change, who has the desire to look at why they got to the state their in and think about why they can't continue in the same pattern. Someone who is open to possibilities.
KitKat169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:49 AM   #11  
Restart IP 10/19/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAScents View Post
I'm going home in a few short weeks and there will be LOTS of people who could use IP. I've look into clinic's near them and am geared with information. I hope they'll make the step, but I doubt they will. Most people who have seen me and NEED the diet completely drop the idea once they find out they can't drink on it - seriously people, if you life is SO surrounded by drinking you need bigger help than a diet can give you!!!
It works best if they ask for the information and you just give them the name and tell them to contact you if they want or need more information. People don't like feeling pushed into something...especially as stringent as IP can be
Old 06-09-2012, 11:17 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:

Good idea. Did you try Dr Phil? I was wondering about the insurance when you posted about your job.
Also First magazine always has articles on different weight loss issues, maybe you could send some pics to them?

I would definitely recommend IP to anyone who is carrying lots of extra weight around their middle. That is a sure sign of Insulin Resistance.

I have been on another diet site for years. There are a good number of people I have "known" for quite a long time there and it is aways the same story, a few pounds off and then it comes right back. It is because they are falling for the myth of the "balanced" approach. Most plans have a certain # of calories and part of these are always things like rice and whole grains because of the "importance" of having a balanced diet.
But I don't recommend the plan to anyone in the real world. I work with some very very overweight people and at this time of the year many people are applying for promotions. With a few of them I always think how much easier the interview process would be if they were more fit.
I also have a friend who is very overweight and has a heart condition. She needs a knee replacement but the doctors keep postponing it in the hopes she will lose some weight but she keeps gaining more.

But I found in real life once you starting losing weight the people who really need to lose back away from you scared that you are going to start preaching about your plan. Part of that maybe because one of our co-workers is really pushing Body by Vi

Pat

Last edited by patns; 06-10-2012 at 08:43 PM.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 03:55 PM   #13  
Ideal Protein April 27/12

S/C/G: 215 / Ticker / 165

Height: 5' 7"

My problem suggesting this to anyone...I dont know anyone that is willing to give up booze for the amount of time it would take...The majority of the people I do know in our area on the program cheat...and cheat a lot...

They still are losing, but pizza, wings, and beer on the weekends of course is making it go very slowly. 1# a week and such. I think its very hard to find people willing to 'commit' to the diet.
Longhorn Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 04:06 PM   #14  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

If someone asks I tell them about it and have praise for it. I would never push this or anything else on someone. It works for me. I thank God for that. I started after seeing a buddy which list 55#'s he looked great. I called the local clinic that day went to the talk that night and joined the next day. It was meant to work for me I can feel it. I was is despair over my weight and repeated failures to loose. I planned to have bypass this fall and was upset at myself for getting to that point. This was my last shot and it is working really well for me. Drinking has never been a big issue for me but I look at this as my AA. I just needed to do it and do it 100% not half ***.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:51 AM   #15  
Restart IP 10/19/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Energy View Post
My problem suggesting this to anyone...I dont know anyone that is willing to give up booze for the amount of time it would take...The majority of the people I do know in our area on the program cheat...and cheat a lot...
This is interesting information as I don't know anyone on the program so, I never thought about whether people on it cheat. It seems like such a waste of money to cheat while on it. On the other hand, they can continue to eat the things they like occasionally and still lose a little bit of weight, might be perfect for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
If someone asks I tell them about it and have praise for it. I would never push this or anything else on someone. It works for me. I thank God for that. I started after seeing a buddy which list 55#'s he looked great. I called the local clinic that day went to the talk that night and joined the next day. It was meant to work for me I can feel it. I was is despair over my weight and repeated failures to loose. I planned to have bypass this fall and was upset at myself for getting to that point. This was my last shot and it is working really well for me. Drinking has never been a big issue for me but I look at this as my AA. I just needed to do it and do it 100% not half ***.
USMCVet, you're story is very inspiring. You've made such great progress in short amount of time!! It's people like you that give encouragement to everyone else who is trying to stay OP 100%. It's good for me to hear this today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
I would definitely recommend IP to anyone who is carrying lots of extra weight around their middle. That is a sure sign of Insulin Resistance.

I have been on another diet site for years. There are a good number of people I have "known" for quite a long time there and it is aways the same story, a few ponds off and then it comes right back. It is because they are falling for the myth of the "balanced" approach. Most plans have a certain # of calories and part of these are always things like rice and whole grains because of the "importance" of having a balanced diet.
But I don't recommend the plan to anyone in the real world. I work with some very very overweight people and at this time of the year many people are applying for promotions. With a few of them I always think how much easier the interview process would be if they were more fit.
I also have a friend who is very overweight and has a heart condition. She needs a knee replacement but the doctors keep postponing it in the hopes she will lose some weight but she keeps gaining more.

But I found in real life once you starting losing weight the people who really need to lose back away from you scared that you are going to start preaching about your plan. Part of that maybe because one of our co-workers is really pushing Body by Vi

Pat
Patns, also really good insight and information. Some of my friends and family that I talked to early on and tried to encourage to start and do this with me were very reluctant. Now that they see the photos of me (we live in different states) they're beginning to sign-up for IP. One of my local friends is amazed at my results but she told me the other day she's still waiting to see what happens when I come off the program. That is, whether I balloon back up. I told her that's not going to happen any time soon because once I phase off ketosis I'm going to Phase I - Alternate Plan where I'll continue to lose more slowly and be able to exercise. I don't plan to be through with the diet/weight loss for another year. Even then I'll still stay low carb and not add back some of the things I've eliminated from my diet. She had to ponder that one as there was no response.

What I told my cousin is stop thinking and start doing. Each day you can wake up and decide whether you want to do it that day. I somewhat did it that way. I recommitted every morning as though I was just starting that day. But, lately I slacked-off and I need to get more honest with myself and start recommitting each day.