Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2003, 01:40 PM   #1  

Default Need Encouragement

I've been on WW since May 2002 and have lost 55 pounds. The last three months have been really slow. I'm eating what I should and doing my exercises but I'm hardly losing anything. I'm doing the ellicptical trainer and treadmill atleast three times a week for 1/2 each piece of equipment. I do pilates on the days that I do not go to the gym. I'm so discouraged. I have run out of WW coupons and I'm really tempted to do this on my own and save the $15.00 per week. If I lose weight I don't mind paying but since I've stalled I do.

If I can't lose weight while I'm doing what I should be doing, what will happen to me when I'm on maintenance and am eating 4 points more a day?

How do I get through this?
Old 03-25-2003, 03:02 PM   #2  

Have you looked at the Wendy plan? It is still staying within your points but it's "tricking" your metabolism into burning. That has worked for a couple of people in my group. I am also doing ww with a person from work and she wasn't eating enough. As soon as she started uping her points she started losing.

Personally I would not stop the weigh-in's. Here's why. I go to WW 30% for the weigh-in and 70% for the meeting. It is sooo encouraging to hear people who have joined for the 8-9-10th time and have made goal. I need to know that other people are facing the same challenges just as much as hearing their successes.

On the flip side I can TOTALLY understand about the $$. I guess it comes down to how much you depend on those meetings because you can always weigh yourself at home.

All that said - CONGRATULATIONS on loosing 55 lbs. That is very impressive. My sister lost 71 lbs and it took her almost 2 years (and she had lots of ups and downs). Don't give up!

Eve
Old 03-25-2003, 03:02 PM   #3  

You keep right on doing what you have been. You didn't gain your weight overnight, it probably crept up slowly. Don't give up! How about posting a day's menu so we can see what you are eating. What you eat is as important as staying within your points. By the way, there is no scientific basis for the Wendy plan if you study the thyroid. Just because you eat the same number of points each day doesn't mean you are eating the same number of calories, taking fat and fiber and zero point stuff into consideration.

Last edited by QuilterInVA; 03-25-2003 at 03:05 PM.
Old 03-25-2003, 04:28 PM   #4  

Congrats on the 55# loss! I would keep going to the meetings, it is too easy to slip off program when you stop.
Have you tried eating a few more pts? Sometimes your body needs more in order to lose- I have been disappointed with my own losses lately, and it seems to be caused by not eating enough!
Good luck, let us know how it goes!
Old 03-25-2003, 06:36 PM   #5  

My point range is 22-27 and I'm almost ready for the next range. My goal is to eat 23-24 points, which leaves a few in case I want something later in the evening.

A typical menu is

Breakfast:
Have this breakfast 90% of the time
Mini Wheats with 1 cup 1% milk --------- 4 points

mid morning snack (most days) piece of fruit------- 2 point

Lunch:
flour tortilla -------- 4 points
50-100 gm chicken/turkey/lunch meats --- 1- 2points
lettuce
sometimes add low fat sour cream and salsa 1 point

fruit 1 to 2 points

Dinner:

4 oz chicken breast ------- 4 points
small potato ------- 1 point
Salad w/low fat dressing -------- 1 point
vegetables

Pudding cup or apple ---- 2 points

sometimes a glass of wine on the weekends
will have low fat microwave popcorn 2 points

Exersie points are about 5 on gym nights, and 1-2 on pilates night

I usually do not use my additiional exercise points, unless I'm going out for dinner, which I do almost every weekend, but I make WW choices

total 23 - 25 points

Right now what is keeping me from dropping out is that when I reach my goal weight I'm looking forward to the fuss that WW makes. I want my 5 min. of glory. I've got about 25 more pounds to lose before I'm there and the progress just stalled.
Old 04-04-2003, 03:05 PM   #6  

Guess I'm back on track now. Wow does it feel good. I lost 1 pound last week and 3.4 pounds last night. I didn't change anything so I'm guess my body was just slow to react.
Old 04-04-2003, 09:18 PM   #7  
CIN

Caledon!
Good for you! Hang in there..........have confidence in yourself!
You know what to do!
Cin
Old 04-19-2003, 01:00 AM   #8  

Way to Go! Sometimes our bodies want to hang on to every little ounce but persistance is the key. Keep up the good work!
Closed Thread