General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-29-2012, 08:25 AM   #1  
Amazing will be me

Default tattoo ideas for a couple

Me and my partner want to get something that symbolises us as a couple.

However my partner doesnt like writing tattoos in general , so we are looking for some kind of symbol or a few things we can incorporate together, finding it so hard to find something.
As it needs to be not to masculine and not to feminine and have meaning, also we want it small

any ideas peeps x
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/130

Height: 5'9" Age: 19

That's too cute! Me and my best friend wanted to do this while we were dating, but we could never decide what we wanted! It's difficult to find something that symbolises your love and is esthetically appealing to both man and woman. (EDIT: assuming your partner is male, whoops I shouldn't assume!)

How did you meet?
When and how did you two first say "I love you"?
What do you have in common?

Have you thought about getting matching bands? There are all kinds of designs online, and it's easy to find one you both like. You can also take the basic design and tweak yours a little bit to make it more feminine, vice versa.

Good luck hunny!

Last edited by Ramra; 05-29-2012 at 08:38 AM.
Ramra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:58 AM   #3  
Amazing will be me

ah thank you some good ideas.
Well weve known each other since we were 12 but only been a couple for the past 4 year
Yeah think id like a few designs on paper and maybe add little things like our interests and love and stuff like that .

Think id like min sdown side of my hand so id like something long and floaty , hmm decisions decisions
Old 05-29-2012, 09:55 AM   #4  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

my husband & I both have many tattoos, but on our 15th anniversary (4 years ago) we wanted to get something to celebrate "us" - but neither of us believe in having someone's name on your body. SO - we finally decided on something that was "yin-yang" and I got two dolphins & he got celtic dragons. in the middle of both tattoos, we have the roman numeral XV (15) and it's really very cool. Not the same, but has something meaningful to us both.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:59 AM   #5  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

My DF and I were just having this talk.
We are very much against putting names on our bodies. It's bad Ju-ju in our opinion. But because we love tattoos and we've been together for just over 8 years, we've decided to take the plunge...but in a kooky sort of way.
Here are some of our ideas. (now these symbols mean something to us and so other people might just think we're weird.)
A slice of bread with peanut butter and one of jelly. (We haven't decided who would be who)
A macaroni noodle for him and a cheese wedge for me.
Puzzle peices that would fit together.
A yin and yang (of dragons, or foxes or cats..ect.)
Video game characters (because we are gamers) like a set of keyblades (from kingdom hearts) a chocobo and greens (from Final fantasy) Sonic and Tails.
We have a bunch of ideas but nothing we've picked yet.

We got this idea when we saw a picture of a man and woman holding hands, and on their arm was a half a avacado, he had the half with the pit. ^.^ we thought that was a great way to do a couples tattoo.

Last edited by Sakai; 05-29-2012 at 10:00 AM.
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:29 PM   #6  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

You could do the traditional male & female signs (the circle with the sex symbols inside); and add a flower or other insignia too. One couple I know had "Husband" for him & "Wife" for her with each letter in different colors. You could also have male and female versions of a favorite animal or bird (i.e. buck & doe deers).

OR you could go more modern with mirror images of some favorite character or emblem. Maybe a vine down your hand: one with flowers and/or hearts; that would be pretty.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:51 PM   #7  
Amazing will be me

Loving all these ideas
Old 05-29-2012, 02:06 PM   #8  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

My husband and I have considered getting either the same Shrek/Fiona tattoo (ogre Fiona of course) or I would get Shrek and he would get ogre Fiona.

Another thing I liked was a saw a really neat tattoo shaped in a circle with two animals in the circle facing each other head to tail, sort of in the shape of a yin/yang symbol. I collect wolves, and hubby collects frogs and we sort of see them as our totem animals, so we would use those animals.

Sort of like the one I've attached below, except instead of two wolves, they'd be a wolf and a frog (the frog would be the same size as the wolf). I can't seem to find the page where I found similar tattoos with different animals (such as a dragon and a tiger, a wolf and a deer....)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tattoo 02.jpg (6.8 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by kaplods; 05-29-2012 at 02:26 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:46 PM   #9  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

There's also the lock and key - one of you has the lock (or a keyhole) and the other gets the key. You can go super-symbolic and even have a heart-shaped lock.

Or "you're lucky to have each other" - a ladybug and horseshoe, or 4 leaf clover.

Other variations on great duos - bread and butter, steak and eggs, Mickey and Minnie, 2 peas in a pod, milk & cookies.

Have fun choosing!
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:44 AM   #10  
Amazing will be me

Ah im loving all these ideas

This is what we have came up with so far

We want the tattoos on our hands , more than likely the side of our hands . I wanted somik with hearts in n maybe a bit swirl , but he suggested having something that goes together when we put our hands together.

Still searching for what we could have x
Old 05-30-2012, 08:28 AM   #11  

I'm not a huge fan of tats because sometimes that permanent ink ends up being stupid later in life. I think of my sister who designed a cute moon yin yang type of thing that the artist botched and she ended up covering it with a lizard. She's never owned a lizard. She has no connection to lizards. I just ask myself, "why?".

A guy I know has a Chinese symbol/word on his arm. I asked him what it meant, I can't remember what he told me. When I asked him, "How do you know it doesn't say 'dumbass?'", he laughed and told me he never really checked.

But then I met my SO. He's got a cool looking tat on his bicep. At the time, his wife was Spanish. Also, at the time, he was nearly paralized from two back injuries/surgeries and is in chronic pain. So his tat says, "The pain never dies" in Spanish. It's his badge of honoring his great disposition in spite of his daily pain. However, the significance of the tat being in Spanish to honor his then-wife has lost all meaning now. They never speak or see each other.

All that said, I love your idea. I think you should make it like a secret meaning between the two of you. Something deep and personal that only you two share, but that later on in life, if you wind up not with him (for any variety of reasons life hands out to us), a tat you can live with in spite of that. So no names, nothing obviously related to him, but something deeply meaningful to just you two that you can decide whether or not to share the meaning with others. LOL- others like me who come off as totally jerky.

Last edited by fitness4life; 05-30-2012 at 08:30 AM.
fitness4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:48 AM   #12  
Amazing will be me

thanks fitness4life i know where your coming from.

Said that i still have no idea yet , its such a small space on side of your hand so it has to be just right.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:41 PM   #13  

Lucky - cool. I'm glad you took my post the way it was intended.
fitness4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:35 PM   #14  
110lbs BustedOff/more2go

S/C/G: 330/210/160

Height: 5' 8"

my husband and I are idiots lol and LOVE super heros/comics

he digs batman and I always refer to him a s my sexy bat... im a bit naughty with a past and independant like catwomen, he calls me his kitty sometimes (i hate it though lol)

soooo before he is deployed in Feb we are getting tats...he is getting a pix of batman an catwomen being all sext together on his inner upper arm

Im getting a sexy flirty phrase they batter in the comics, tat

the tats are connected to eachother and us in a way WE get ...its gonna be like our inside joke
justanotherchix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:54 AM   #15  
Shrinking Angela

S/C/G: 210/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

I know some couples will get small things on their necks or wrists... Nothing too big. Things like hearts, bird silhouettes, stars, initials.
themusicalfruit is offline   Reply With Quote