Exercise! - Muscle Music?

View Full Version : Muscle Music?

themusicalfruit
05-25-2012, 04:00 PM
I love listening to music while I workout to keep me going (I go to the beat!). Exercise can be so hard or boring at times, so it's really nice to have some musical motivation blasting in my ears. What do you guys listen to while you workout and do you have any music suggestions to keep the blood flowing and the muscles pumping?

nyfan4ever
05-26-2012, 02:29 PM
Wow I was just working on and adding to my music list. I love all types of music. If you tell me your preference I can give you some ideas.

novangel
05-26-2012, 07:54 PM
80's pop/rock works the best for me for distraction when strength training. For cardio I listen to Lady Gaga to keep good pace. (Yes, I'm serious)

themusicalfruit
05-28-2012, 06:33 PM
I listen to pop and alternative rock!

Totally agree on the 80's pop/rock! There is something about the beat and the drums that make me want to just burn calories!

Precious Little
07-16-2012, 01:05 AM
For pilates I choose slower more relaxed tunes, a bit of trip hop and some slower rock music.

For running I have just discovered what I really like is psy-trance. It's got that hard/dark edge. I had no idea that was the genre it was called before yesterday.

I had been using Podrunner Intervals podcasts and looked up some of the tracks DJ Steveboy uses and a lot of them are psychedelic-trance. It really helps me to get in (and stay in) the zone. I like that quite often there are no vocals (sometimes, depending on what they are, they can be a distraction and I get bored of the song too quickly).

For strength training I don't have any music going, I just started Chalean Extreme so it's just whatever's playing in the workout music background.