General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 207/174/125

Height: 5'5"

Arrow Ensure?

So lately I've been looking into meal replacement shakes. I have a completely different schedule from most people because I work night shift from 10:30pm-7:30am and my sleeping pattern varies from day to day. I'd like to see if maybe a quick grab and go shake would fit my schedule since 5-6 meals a day an intermediate fasting have been hard to keep up with.

I've been looking around and decided to stay away from protein shakes since working out is not something I've been doing. My diet varies everyday so I'm not always getting all my vitamins and minerals so my eyes have landed on Ensure. Yay or nay? One bottle is 250 calories and has 24 V&M including omega 3 acids.

Yes yes I know making your own smoothies and milkshakes is way better, I've tried slim fast in the past and those gave me terrible stomach aches. I've also tried Carnation Instant Breakfast (powder) but those ended up giving me gas. I've drank 1 ensure for the past two days and so far my body has taken them well, not to mention I think they are delicious I work at a retirement home and we usually give these to the seniors, there's this myth that they are made to make them gain weight which most of them do but they drink them 2x a day and it's a fast 500 calories they ingest on top of their regular meals.

I don't know any "younger" adults who drink them so that's why I'm posting this thread and sorry if this statement sounded silly lol I'd only drink these if I'm on the run and/or to replace a meal and fill in my nutritional gap
Misa66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I see no reason why you can't have Ensure in your hectic schedule.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:03 AM   #3  

Height: 5'3"

As long as you are using them as the 'meal' and not with other foods I see no reason why you cannot use them as a meal replacement. I certainly would
but I use the Atkins shakes when I want a meal replacement shake. They are lower in sugars for me.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:43 PM   #4  
Fit before 30! 12/6/2013

S/C/G: 200ish/ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

I was going to do this but they have soy *I* stay away from soy

They would be a good replacement
MrsH2132012 is offline   Reply With Quote