Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 05-01-2012, 10:41 PM   #1  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

Default Forever 21?

So, I went mall shopping today, and the Forever 21 in my mall doesn't carry plus sizes, so I ventured online to look at their selection. Have any of you had experience with their plus size section? How do their sizes run?

According to their size chart and my measurements, I'm literally all over the size chart. My waist, if I measure at my belly button (my natural waist is a 35) is a 36 (between their 12 and 14), my hips are a about a 46.5-47 (between the 14 and 16), and my thighs are between the 16 and the 18! I have absolutely no idea what size I would wear! Do y'all just buy your size you'd buy in other stores? It just seems like their sizes run really weird.
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:44 PM   #2  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

I don't have any experience with their plus line... but the regular stuff seems pretty tts to even a bit large for junior's clothing. I usually buy from my waist measure, even though my hips are bigger than the size chart, and haven't had a problem.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:08 AM   #3  

You could always buy to fit your largest measurement and then you have the option to get them taken in at the waist (a customized fit!) Ha ha that's what they always say to do on What Not to Wear anyway.
Pepino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:31 AM   #4  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

The regular stuff and the plus stuff is very different.

I haven't worn their plus stuff in a year, but when I did I found that going by the hip measurement alone produced close to what I would wear (while I go by my waist measurement for the regular stuff). If I went by the waist measurement then I would have had pants WAYYYY too big...and you have to remember that most pants don't really even go up to your natural waist anyway.

Last time I shopped in the plus section I was a 12/14 (inching toward a 12) and I found most of the pants to be slightly big (I believe my hips were 43" at the time).

Can you return items to the store? If that's the case then you might want to order a bunch of clothes in different sizes and just return what doesn't fit. Then you can get an idea of your size.

Last edited by sontaikle; 05-02-2012 at 08:32 AM.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

Not familar with the Forver 21 plus stuff, but I'm a fan of Torrid. It does seem that plus size clothing is created differently than "regular" clothing. I have a size 12 pair of jeans from torrid that are TOO baggy and a size 12 pair of jeans from american eagle that are just fine.

You should check out the torrid web site too.
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:47 AM   #6  
Leveling Up

Torrid has awesome stuff, totally second them. Google "Torrid coupon code" before you buy; there is usually a new coupon every month.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:09 PM   #7  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

Oh I already know about Torrid, lol. We used to have one in our mall for about a year or two when I was in high school and then they closed down cause they weren't getting enough business at the time (of course now, we have all the big name mall stores so I don't really see why we can't have a Torrid).

I love Torrid but I can't for the life of me make myself pay 40 bucks for a pair of shorts. I just can't do it, lol.
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:43 PM   #8  

I also believe plus size clothing items are tailored different to regular clothes, the proportions seem to be a bit different. I agree with just buying clothes in couple of sizes and returning what doesn't fit you properly. I often do that, even when I'm not buying from an online store because I just hate dressing rooms.
Natasha22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:20 PM   #9  
Leveling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimsyborogoves View Post
Oh I already know about Torrid, lol. We used to have one in our mall for about a year or two when I was in high school and then they closed down cause they weren't getting enough business at the time (of course now, we have all the big name mall stores so I don't really see why we can't have a Torrid).

I love Torrid but I can't for the life of me make myself pay 40 bucks for a pair of shorts. I just can't do it, lol.

Lol me either!! I would always wait until they had 50% off clearance and then use a coupon.

speaking of, I need to move my butt and sell the Torrid shorts I have sitting around that I barely wore.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:31 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 202/See Tracker/130

Height: 5'1"

Check out www.fashiontofigure.com LOVE them, and cheaper than Torrid. I've bought from Forever 21+ and the sizes have worked out for me with what I would normally wear.
I used to also like Wet Seal but they just got rid of their Plus section, hopefully they'll bring it back!
gimmeMYbodyBACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:32 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 202/See Tracker/130

Height: 5'1"

Oh, and coupons, google fashiontofigure coupon codes and you should be able to find one from retailmeornot.com and they always work, I typically save about 15% on anything I ever buy!!!!
gimmeMYbodyBACK is offline   Reply With Quote