South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 06:18 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Beach Chat - Tuesday, May 1

"Hooray! Hooray! The First of May! The outdoor (fill the blanks)ing starts today!"

In my case it will be gardening except it's cold and rainy again but just for today. It's just as well the outdoor garden centres were NOT open when I was in town yesterday. I checked my two favourites and they were setting up but had no plants. It really IS too early for this crazy climate but the false spring in March got me revved up. Tomato and pepper plants should not go outside for another month to be safe. (I have to keep telling myself that!)

Hit the fabric store just as the clerk was removing the sale stickers from the fabric that was on sale last week! She took pity on me though and sold me the $9 flannelette for $4 since it was for Victoria's Quilts. So the bill was less than half which, as the treasurer, pleased me mightily. Today I'll preshrink the fabric and have it cut and ready for the quilting biddies meeting next week.

Time to crank up the washer and get the day started. The dogs have already started on their schedule which is at the sleep on the couch task. (Jazz is thinking about where he is going to dig his escape hole of the day!)

Come and sip and chat.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:41 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Ruth and Beachers just pouring a first cup

It's raining here so I've been saved from the second half of the mowing. I have the usual calls, chores, and then show prep for the May exhibit. Today I'm going to do a bio of Julie with a couple of pictures (of course one will include the giant camera). Some of our friends are coming to the show Saturday and it will be nice to see them there.

I'm just on my first cup. Need to get some of that in me.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ruth - congrats on the deal at the fabric store . I need to get working on my garden as well, maybe this weekend.

I already did my bible study, catching up on all y'all, then kids to the bus. Then getting supper premade for the hubby and fam, and groceries, then to work! It looked like I was going to have a full schedule today. I thought I'd have yesterday off, but the boss was getting overwhelmed and called me in for a few hours. Well, I guess since I was getting paid I could do it .

And for my last few moments of calm....
Old 05-01-2012, 06:45 AM   #4  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning! I'll share my GMCR Dark Magic.

Ruth!! is that a saying that all Canadiens grow up with?? I worked with a boss who would say that exact same thing every May 1st...with a certain censored activity...funny!

Hello CyndiM and Twynn

sorry I've been absent on the board, I have been here but struggling. I"m still trying, though!

Last edited by VermontMom; 05-01-2012 at 06:45 AM.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:47 AM   #5  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

and Ruth - is that a trillium in your avatar? pretty!!
Old 05-01-2012, 06:48 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

May is coming in with a barrage of fireworks for us this morning. There's nothing like the crash of thunder to get you out of bed.

Good deal on that fabric, Ruth! Maybe it was a good thing that the gardening centers didn't have plants out yet, though, as then you'd be having to keep them sheltered until it was time for planting. Are you responsible for the village planters again this year? They sure looked gorgeous last summer. I hope Jazz isn't in an adventuring mood today and realizes the grass really isn't greener on the other side.

I have a long and busy day ahead with lots of errands to run for Cindy before I pick up the girls. Then it's piano and voice lessons before I drop off Audrey at gymnastics and can head home.

ETA-

Holy Cow! How do the rest of you type so fast? Good morning, Cyndi, Holly and Twynn!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 05-01-2012 at 06:50 AM.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:16 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning! I can't believe it's May already. This year is flying by. Okay, I say that every month and every year. Is it just me or does time seem to go faster the older we get?

May will be a tough food month for me with holidays, birthdays, road trips, graduation, parties...

I'm off to yoga soon. I work this evening.

Catch you all later. Have a great one!
Old 05-01-2012, 08:50 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 219/196/145

Height: 5'5"

I would work in my garden today but it's rainy here too. yuck. Today is however our anniversary! We have a date tonight at the Japanese steakhouse, I'm excited!

Karen, this year definitely is flying by! I cannot believe it is already May!
Old 05-01-2012, 09:28 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I am back to work and in the swing of things. Didn't get to look at threads much last week as there was no internet connectivity on the conference side of the Hotel and I pretty much was there most of the time if not in my room studying. Passed my test so don't have to worry about taking it back here.

Hope everyone has been done well...
Old 05-01-2012, 09:32 AM   #10  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning,

Ruth - Good deal on the fabric. Have fun quilting today.

Cyndi - enjoy your coffee. Nice to have a reprieve from mowing the grass. Its so early in the season to start.

Twynn - enjoy your calm and hope day goes fast.

Holly - keep on trying, that's the only way we can make it.

Cottage - sounds like a very busy day. Hope the weather is nice.

Karen - yikes for May, lots of planning for you.
Read your blog, interesting lady.

MrsD - happy anniversary and I don't believe I said welcome.

me - my dishwasher died after 15 years so we were busy looking for a new one and settled for a KitchenAid again. I have been to two nurseries and the one I like going to which is an hour's drive from here gave me good advice on my bindweed problem, told me to spray around the roots with pure vinegar, it will take time but it should work.
Going to look up recipes for quiona salad, want something else besides soup.
take care
Sophie
Old 05-01-2012, 09:57 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning! Busy day for all it seems. Holly sorry you are struggling is everything OK?

I am a little frustrated, but not beating myself up over it. Today was my weigh in and I am up 1.6 pounds. I am chocking it up to hormones because I know I followed SB P2. PMS and I have not been friends lately. Normally my weight would fluctuate 6-8 pounds during it! My dr told me I am premenopausal, as I have other indicators too. So, I am just going to keep doing what is proven to work and the numbers will follow.

I actually got to sleep I today as it is a superintendent conference day and school is closed. Still nursing my coffee, then I clean the house and take it easy today. My arms are sore from shoveling and seeking yesterday, but made huge progress in the garden. Looking forward to making spaghetti squash with turkey bolognese later.

Haapy Anniversary Mrsdocrocks and Ruth way to go on the fabric. My mom is a quilter too.

Enjoy the day
Old 05-01-2012, 10:10 AM   #12  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Morning all! Didn't get a chance to check in yesterday but I'm still plugging along here. This year is starting to feel like its never going to slow down. I got up early this morning to play around with the Nessa bar recipe. I usually follow recipes to the "T" but it was fun to experiment. They came out great too so I'll try to squeeze in time to post the recipe changes later.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-01-2012, 05:56 PM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi!

Just got home from work and am headed w/mom and DH to Costco! See ya'll tomorrow.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:37 PM   #14  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

I made quinoa greek salad for tonight's supper and it was delicious.
take care
Sophie
Closed Thread