Ideal Protein Diet - SO frustrateddd and upset!

View Full Version : SO frustrateddd and upset!

Jacksterrrrr
04-26-2012, 03:58 PM
I started IP four weeks ago at 145 and since then I got down to 137.2 but my last two weight ins a gained a pound so I'm back to almost 140! Why am I not losing anymore? I lost six pounds the first week, why can't I do that again! I need helpppp and suggestions.:mad:

Harmothoe
04-26-2012, 04:30 PM
When you first start, you lose your glycogen stores in your muscles and liver, which are bound up with water. That's why you get a fabulous loss your first week or two. After that, when you're relatively light, losses are slower. When you're only losing a pound or two a week, a salty meal or monthly water retention can make it look like you're not losing a thing. Don't get discouraged! Keep at it. You can't be gaining weight on 1000 cal per day. If you're on program, the losses will show up on the scale eventually. I bet you'll have a big week this week if you stay on program.

It evens out over time!

VickiR
04-26-2012, 08:07 PM
I agree with Harmothoe. Keep at it. Are you tracking your food? Are you measuring everything? Are you eating all high carb veggies or some low ones too? Drinking enough water? Are you eating enough? Don't skip any meals. It will impede your weight loss. What about sodium intake? I know for sure the scale will show a 1 pound increase if I have something with Franks Red Hot Sauce. Same goes for turnip chips. They're sooo good salty. Drink extra water, track and measure your food and the scale will go down.

JoesHotWife
04-26-2012, 09:50 PM
I agree, too. As long as you are eating EXACTLY as the sheet tells you, there is no way for you not to lose. Post what you eat and we can see if there is something you may have missed.