Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-25-2012, 09:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/*see ticker*/120

Height: 5'3

Default Stress = binging = weight gain

So I'm in college and the semester is over in just a few weeks and things are getting CRAZY at school. I've been soooo stressed between multiple papers, homework, studying for tests, studying for finals. I go to school full time 4 days a week and work part time 5 days a week, and own a horse (whose been put on the back burner of things right now I've been soooo stressed out, plus I haven't been able to go out for my daily runs since I had shin splints two weeks ago that lasted for a whole week. I haven't been able to work out this past week since I haven't had the time to go out and buy proper running shoes since that was the original cause of me getting the shin splints in the first place. So I won't be able to run again until I go out and buy some, hopefully this weekend. And I also just finnished my TOM so that doesn't help things either.

It's like i've got everything working against me, I was really hoping to get down to 125 this week but my weight keeps fluctuating between 127-130, some days i'll loose, some days I gained. I weighed in at 127 yesterday and went up to 128.8. I'm just so frustrated about all this, and I feel like I'm starting to loose my motivation to hit my goal. I'm trying to get myself back under control, but it's been really difficult and the not exercising hasn't helped, either.

Well I guess this turned out to be more of a rant than anything but I had to get it out, this has just been a really bad month, I'm ready for May to get here already and hopefully start over.

Last edited by SoCalCowgirl; 04-25-2012 at 09:56 AM.
SoCalCowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/188/130

Height: 5'4''

you have done an AMAZING job so far - think about that. trust me, I'm a senior in college, about to graduate I totally feel your stress level and how it can throw your weightless journey off track, but if you want something bad enough you can totally push yourself to get there.. I've been trying for 15 years to reach my goal weight, and i think I'm finally in the mindset where i REFUSE to give up and i won't fail.. you CAN do this, you've already done SO MUCH - keep going, don't give up!!
gettingthere315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 62/62/55

Height: 169cm

WOW SoCalCowgirl you sound like my twin! I am doing post grad study (i dont really know how Australia is different to how you guys do it!) and am really stressed with exams etc too. But on top of all of that, i was starting to get shin splints and also pulled a muscle in my leg. So there goes the exercise!

I was so angry with the way that it all worked out, and to be honest, fed up, that i started eating a mountain of crap food. Now i am back to my starting weight, and trying to eliminate the binge foods again. AKA back to square one. So DONT GIVE IN! It is so not worth the backlash.

I totally agree with what you said - gettingthere315 - it is all about the mindset. So now when i am stressed, i find out 'what is it that i need right now? If it is not food, what is it? Sleep, a walk, chat to a friend etc?'.

We can do this, because we have done it before. No giving up this time around!
cconn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/169/145

Height: 5'10"

Default Me a few years ago...

Back when I was in nursing school, I gained weight from 135 to 190 in 2 year's time. I hated myself for it. When I decided to lose the weight, I was extremely determined. I felt at the time, ironically, that the only thing in my life that I DID have control over was the food I put in my mouth. And so began the weight loss (back down to 150). That was a few years ago.

My point to you is that you HAVE already accomplished so much just by the choices you have made. I know that you can get back on track. You clearly have the know-how and the desire to continue your path so I hope you got your shoes this weekend. If you didn't get your shoes you can always got for some Pilates until you find some.

You have control over this situation. You will continue succeeding!
StephaniePug is offline   Reply With Quote