Old 04-24-2012, 05:41 PM   #1  
I will do this.

Default Hi, I'm new...sorta

Hi...I am Taylor

So it's been about 3 years since I have posted here and when I was active here and taking care of myself and lost about 60 pounds

Needless to say the years passed, the new habits left me, I got married...and slowly but surely I gained very pound back

Deep down I know I have stayed passionate about health, the body and a whole lifestyle. So much so that over the last 9 months I have been in an intensive dual spa program at the Aveda Institute Denver and will receive my license as a massage therapist and esthetician in about 8 weeks and start working full time round about then too.

As a massage therapist I feel as if people trust me with their bodies and I give them advice on nutrition, water intake, exercise and encouraging people to take charge of their health. I need to take my own medicine.

This change is not only for my career and clients, but my husband, our future children and most of all for myself and my health.

Last time I was really crazy about weighing myself everyday and intense 2 hour work outs and that did not create a balanced lifestyle for me. This time I will not weigh myself everyday or freak out if I eat the skin off my chicken breast. Rather I will resist emotional binge eating, enjoy cooking with my husband and embrace a good quality workout.

I wish you all the very best on your journey and looking forward to meeting you and maybe touching base with those I may already know.

Last edited by Taylor86; 04-24-2012 at 05:49 PM.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:50 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey, I remember you - welcome back!

Jump on in where you left off!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:59 PM   #3  
I will do this.

Hi!!
I am jumping on where I began...kinda haha

Oh my gosh your pregnant!!! Congrats!!
Old 04-24-2012, 09:33 PM   #4  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

I remember too! Congrats on getting married! I got engaged! Tell me your wedding stories of niceness.

I think a more balanced approach will be really beneficial. You've got the basic knowledge down now about exercise and food, time to put it in practice! And massage is all about balance right?
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:46 PM   #5  
I will do this.

Massage is totally about balance! There is really a whole life style with truely amazing massage therapist (kinda of a hippy, bare feet, and granola approach) and I want to be apart of it!

You got engaged!! Congrats!!! I thought so with all those pictures of dresses!! So pretty!!!!

My wedding was wonderful. We had a live jazz band, open bar and got married at an old grand hotel and it was beautiful. My maid of honor is also in musical theatre and sang "some where over the rainbow" while my dad walked me down the aisle. Our black lab Molly was the flower girl and was totally adorable!

Do you have a date yet?
Old 04-24-2012, 10:17 PM   #6  
This is not a test.

Yeah I qualified as a health psychologist in Feb and we love massage Have you read any papers about massage for babies? Really interesting stuff

Thanks! I ordered my dress on Saturday, so exciting! Now onto the cake

Your wedding sounds stunning. I think I remember pictures of your lab actually. Not at the wedding, but just in general. I really love Somewhere Over the Rainbow, especially the version by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole.

January 20th Feels like far away and really close at the same time
Old 04-25-2012, 12:18 PM   #7  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Well since all of the veterans are coming back...

hello girls

Still single - I gained about 20 lbs back, and I'm trying to find balance between exercising a heck of a lot (because I love it and I'm training) and feeding myself enough to not keel over.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:37 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

I remember you too! Welcome back!
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:58 PM   #9  
This is not a test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellarosa27 View Post
I'm trying to find balance between exercising a heck of a lot (because I love it and I'm training) and feeding myself enough to not keel over.
I've got the vice versa sorted if you need any hints
Old 04-25-2012, 06:03 PM   #10  
I will do this.

Stella!!!!! Omg hi girlie!!! How are you??

20? So not a big deal! 5 of that is probably water. At least it's not 60 like me. :-/

I want your workout super hero powers! Walking the dog for an hour is a big deal for me right now. As soon as TOM goes away its back to the gym for me.

Hi Dana!!!
Old 04-25-2012, 07:48 PM   #11  
Happiness is not a weight

Height: 5' 8"

Well - as long as we're getting the old gang back together...

It's been a damn long time since I've posted here, but I'm trying to get back into the swing of things as well. I've gained back all of the weight I lost the last time, but I'm not worried about it. Mostly, it was the result of too many 80+ hour workweeks and the 4-month long illness that brought on, but I'm happy to report that I'm now self-employed as a business writer! I now have the time to pursue a healthy lifestyle, which is really what my focus is on right now

Mandalinn - Congrats on the pregnancy!!! My husband and I are going to start trying this summer and I can't wait

Stellarosa - Good luck on finding the balance you're looking for. Definitely a challenge!

IconisedGhost - Congrats on the health psychologist approval (sounds like a fascinating field!) and best of luck with the wedding plans!!!

Taylor - That's great about the massage therapy thing! I have a friend in the field as well, and she always seems so in touch with health and wellness. Hope it's awesome for you as well
smisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:29 PM   #12  
I will do this.

HI!! I am so glad we are getting the old gang back together!

But can I start tomorrow? My husbands grandma died and he ordered chinese to soothe the pain.. :-x
Old 04-26-2012, 05:14 AM   #13  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Welcome back Taylor! Aaaand everyone else who rejoined in this thread
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:13 PM   #14  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Yeah, 5 of it is water - and a lot of that is muscle - I'm just hungry a lot.

Icon - Any tips are welcome - if I eat any more vegetables to try to fill myself up I'm going to grow broccoli out of my ears.

My trainer keeps telling me to lower my portion size - to which my response is - you work out 2 hours a day and lower your portion size and see how effective it is.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:23 PM   #15  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

HEY ladies!!! Congratulations on the pregnancy I just had my last baby 3 months ago.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one that is on this road again! I would like to lose at least another 60lbs but I feel defeated already...BUT I am going to start P90X May 1st(so just a couple more days) and I need to really kick this in the butt before summer so I don't have to buy new fat clothes. I feel like it was sooo much easier the 1st time around but since I've had 2 more kids it just doesn't want to leave as easy!
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote