Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-20-2012, 06:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 204/204/168

Height: 5'9

Default headaches, muscle pain and cravings!

hi everyone only started to become strict with myself on the diet monday.

i'm finding the rule of five hours between meals really, really hard. also i have the worst caffine/sugar craving headaches. although i would say leaving this amount of time between meals is making me enjoy my salads and healthy food alot more then i would normally.

i also attended boot camp sunday my muscles hurt for days, however i found some motivation from somewhere to get on my treadmill and rowing machine and work through the aches.

i know its going to be a hard journey but satisfaction i'm going to gain to shift this 1st 8 is spurring me on.

good luck to you all on weight loss journeys! snooki x
snookipaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 181/139/120

Height: 5'3.5"

Hmm, where did you get that "rule" from. I personally think it's better to eat when you are hungry rather than making yourself wait. If you allow your hunger to build, it only increases you chances of overdoing it when you finally do eat. If your body is telling you to eat, you probably should, just be careful about how many calories you are consuming, don't eat too quickly (it takes time for your body to register that it's full), and watch the composition of your meals (fruits, veggies, meats, etc.) as different foods have different effects on the body and how you feel afterward.
Nadya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:34 AM   #3  
Changing for good!

S/C/G: 273/ticker/195

Height: 6'1"

I agree - you need to have a little something (preferably protein, like a boiled egg, plus a bit of fibre, like half an apple) between your meals and then you won't feel lightheaded and sick. That said though, since it's only the first week, you are still adjusting to a new plan. You might not feel the same way next week... GL!
kirsteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:49 AM   #4  

im getting enough protein and goodness out my food and i cant over eat as as i have to weigh each meal. it's a rule of the sure slim diet, i do hope its simply adjusting to the new way of eating and leaving the bottles of coke, yum yums and choccy at the door!

the reason they say you need 4.5 to 5 hours between each meal is because the food plan you get is high in metabolism boosting food, i guess well see in a few weeks if its just another fad diet to throw away.

thanks any way guys. snooki x
Old 04-20-2012, 10:38 AM   #5  

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by snookipaige View Post
...it's a rule of the sure slim diet...
the reason they say you need 4.5 to 5 hours between each meal is because the food plan you get is high in metabolism boosting food, i guess well see in a few weeks if its just another fad diet to throw away...
It already sounds like it's not working for you. I would stick with something less of a "diet" and more manageable long term. If I ever felt like I was DIETING I wouldn't be able to maintain where I'm at. I'd be miserable!
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:09 PM   #6  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
the reason they say you need 4.5 to 5 hours between each meal is because the food plan you get is high in metabolism boosting food, i guess well see in a few weeks if its just another fad diet to throw away.
Educate yourself and you not fall victim to rediculous claims. There are at least two in your diet.

1) There are no specific types of food that boost one's metabolism. Aside from TEF (look it up) being higher in protein there is no metabolic advantage to any specific diet.

2) Saying one must eat every 2-3 hours is just as dumb as saying one needs 4.5-5 hours between meals. This varies highly by the individual. Some people prefer to graze while others (like me) do better with fewer bigger meals.

Having said that - your body will quickly adapt to this new diet and you'll feel much better soon. Most people can adapt in 3-4 days but just about everyone can do so in a week.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:28 PM   #7  

thats very useful to know, being so young and naive i guess i am more of an easy target and vulnerable to false claims. however after starting sure slim i am feeling more motivated to exercise and generally feel more 'bouncy'

quick question.. i have no intention on this being a diet i see it more as a lifestyle change, when i stop weighing my food i dont intend to eat huge portions and the wrong things. do you think im likely to gain a little weight?

snooki x
Old 04-20-2012, 02:14 PM   #8  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
quick question.. i have no intention on this being a diet i see it more as a lifestyle change, when i stop weighing my food i dont intend to eat huge portions and the wrong things. do you think im likely to gain a little weight?

snooki x
Calories dictate fat loss or gain. Portion size is relative.

If you avoid calorically dense foods like pasta, pizza, french fries you'll probably be fine but what matters most is calories.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote