Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-01-2012, 12:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 420/420/210

Height: 5'9"

Default Physical changes with weight loss

What changes in your body have you noticed in your weight loss and at what point? Like after losing 20lbs, you noticed your thighs were slimming up.
stasiagurl91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:28 PM   #2  
Patience & Tenacity

S/C/G: 386/T/154

Height: 5'6"

After losing this 75, I'm not shaped like a refrigerator anymore. I have a semblance of a waist again and my shoulders/back have slimmed down.
FrecklesTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/168/140

Height: 5'3

After losing my first ten, my DH pointed out that this little roll of fat I had hanging around beneath my bra is gone. I have a smooth ribcage again!
COchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:15 PM   #4  
I'm doing this!

S/C/G: 220/ ticker /140

Height: 5'3"

15 lbs, my belly got smaller, face got thinner. 20 lbs, less rolls on my back
and over 30 lbs later, I'm more narrow (I guess smaller hip area) and shoulders and neck are thinner too
alitorry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:18 PM   #5  
Sarcastic Non-Chick Chick

S/C/G: 360/192/150

Height: 5'7"

The first things that I noticed were my ankles--I could feel the bone in them more distinctly. Now, at about 140 pounds in, it'd be easier for me to list the things that haven't changed--though, really, I don't even know that there's anything that hasn't. My arms don't feel like they have, but they have.

Most recently, I've been noticing that I have a jaw. Like, you can distinctly feel the bone. Same with my collarbone and my shoulders--there's no real padding on the tops of my shoulders now, and you can see a slight indentation at the joint.

Last edited by Gabe; 04-01-2012 at 07:36 PM.
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 150s/122/110

Height: 5'2

You know, I always have had trouble "seeing" my weight loss. One thing that I used to do constantly when I was heavier and still do reflexively is grab my whole tummy when I sit down. Its really soft and squishy, and around 150, there was so much fat that I couldn't hold it all in my hands, even if I tried (I'm a shorty). 30 pounds later, I can easily grab all of my squishy belly fat in both of my little hands. Its like a little loveable donut.

Another really important moment for me was when I lost my arm cellulite. That happened around a BMI of 25, 136 lbs for me.
guichita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 02:37 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

The first thing I noticed was that I actually have knee bones. Then I felt my collarbones. I couldn't stop touching them because I hadn't felt them in so long

Nowadays, since I have lost 86+ pounds, I have started to notice that I can feel my hip bones. Layers and layers of fat aren't covering them up anymore. And at long last, the back fat is starting to disappear! My collarbones are also quite obvious, and I can actually see the shoulder blades a bit.

Unfortunately, I am now seeing some of the bad stuff. For example, I can see the baggy skin. I no longer have a double chin, but it's been replaced with floppy skin that looks like a turkey waddle. And my skin sags - under the arms, off the thighs, etc. But being healthier far outweighs the skin sag. I think
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:23 PM   #8  
Maria

S/C/G: 253/144/129.8

Height: 5' 6"

I'm seeing bones! Many of them. I have collarbones and knees and ankles and my spine is starting to show when I bend over. There are even bones on my hands and feet. Also, when I sit in a certain way, my butt hurts because of bones.

I can see the muscles on my legs when I walk and the ones on my arms when I lift things. It used to be all fat, before. My stomach has gotten much smaller, when I'd lie down, I'd see those 2 huge blobs of fat, but now they're gone. I see my ribcage instead. My boobs have gotten bigger, for whatever reason.

I'm also seeing sagging on my stomach and my inner thighs, but we'll see how that will go...
Marniadec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:52 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 128lbs/99/99

Height: 5' 2"

I have a bit more of a waist again, so now my skinny pants fit.
Moonsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:30 PM   #10  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Bones. And now it is no longer fun to sit.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:33 PM   #11  
threenorns

the boobs - major shrinkage.

gut's not as puffy by a long shot.

i can feel my shoulder bones.

and my "love handles" have vanished.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:27 PM   #12  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

I didn't notice any difference until I had lost my first 70, but I wasn't really paying attention to my body at that point. When I hit that number, I noticed my gut no longer stuck out as far, and my cheeks were becoming more defined

100 pounds down, and I started developing a waist. I always thought I was appleshaped so I was happy when the curve lines appeared

120 pounds down, my back fat disappeared. I had my collarbones poking out, and I lost "the hump," the pouch of fat on the back of my neck. My double chin also disappeared

150 down, I noticed my stomache was not firm anymore, and had been replaced with lots of lose skin. My shoulders started looking more defined.

165 down(where I am now) I noticed my thighs smoothing out, I developed that nice butt and back curve, I'm starting to narrow out especially when you look at me from the side, my hip bones have started poking out, I can feel my ribcage =D

I have to say, I love that I can feel my bones but they annoy me beyond belief xD Laying down on my side is more painful, same with sitting in a chair xD
baker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:57 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 213/188/159

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKatFan View Post
Unfortunately, I am now seeing some of the bad stuff. For example, I can see the baggy skin. I no longer have a double chin, but it's been replaced with floppy skin that looks like a turkey waddle. And my skin sags - under the arms, off the thighs, etc. But being healthier far outweighs the skin sag. I think
Some regular weight-resistance exercise can help alleviate this. A lot of it is due to no muscle tone.
tricon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:42 AM   #14  
Long Hauling It

S/C/G: 365/208/190

Height: 6' 3"

I don't remember exact timelines/weights, but overall things I've noticed:

I look younger, no more thighs rubbing together, less acne, way more loose skin than I'd like, noticing muscles all over now, probably some others I'm not thinking of.
shapedself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:50 AM   #15  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Everything?

I have energy, I can breathe more easily, my joints don't hurt as much, I feel bony, sometimes it's hard to sleep at night because I'm not used to having so little padding. I can do SO much more physically too that it's astounding. I don't get out of breathe as easily.

In terms of my physically shape... I'm much curvier now. I used to be much more of a brick shape but now both my hip to waist and bust to waist ratios are about 0.75 or under (before they were both closer to 0.9 something).

My breasts are a lot softer now and I do have some loose skin but it's not too bad. Nothing I can't hid in well-fitting undergarments and it hasn't stopped me from wearing bikinis.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote