Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-31-2012, 10:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 221/177/150

Height: 5'6"

Unhappy Feeling defeated

I started working out and counting calories about a month and a half ago, went off for a week and stayed on for the following 4 weeks. I've lost 15 pounds in the four weeks and I feel proud of myself for sticking with it and doing something for myself. However, I'm starting to feel so ashamed and disgusted with my body. I feel better doing workouts and my pants are looser but I still don't see any noticable difference and it's discouraging. My son is 6 months and I still look pregnant. I know I need to be patient but it's hard for me to feel comfortable at my size this is the largest I've ever been. I feel like it's going to take forever to get back to pre-pregnancy size and even when I do I won't look the same :/
Rose426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:54 PM   #2  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Are you also taking measurements?

It IS hard to see what ISN'T THERE any more because you see yourself every minute of the day.

Whether you stick with it or not the time will pass anyway, right? So may as well stick with it.

And try not to feed the bad dog -- self talk that brings you down.

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 03-31-2012 at 10:55 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:30 PM   #3  
threenorns

if your baby is only six months old, you are seriously rushing things.

your body needs a solid 9mo to a year to reset - right now, it's still focussed on your baby, whether or not you're breastfeeding. it's a hormone thing.

just be patient and keep your focus - a huge part of the despair you're feeling is very likely baby blues. make sure you talk to someone to prevent it from developing into something worse.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:37 AM   #4  

Its OK to feel that way. Ideally, nobody should, but I think that we all come to a point where we do get super critical of the way we look-because we are looking for the changes and being more aware of WHY we want to change since we are working towards weight loss.
Heck, I know that when I was much bigger and just getting bigger, I never thought about it, but as I was trying to lose-I felt way worse looking.
It helps me when I think "I accept the way I look now-it is what it is. I don't accept that it will be the way I look forever"
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 02:05 AM   #5  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

You're actually doing incredibly well! I honestly feel like you're very hard on yourself, but most people are. Just keep doing what you're doing and take it one day at a time...don't think about next week or next month, no matter how difficult it is. Finally, I highly recommend doing a search on all posts by Kaplods. She is a member here who is very good about helping people reframe their thinking and attitude about weight loss...especially with wanting to rush the process. She has helped me a lot and there have been so many times when I've felt like it was going too slow or not moving at all and I read something by her that made me change my attitude and helped me keep going.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 02:55 AM   #6  

S/C/G: size 20/14/10

Height: 5' 7"

I am kind of in a similar place...down 14lbs after 5 weeks on my plan. Considering my PCOS, insulin, and thyroid issues, I am pretty happy with those numbers. But, I really get where you are coming from because there comes a point where you start to realize you have only just begun and there is a long path ahead of you. Losing weight isn't easy; if it was everyone would be skinny. The path isn't just long, it is bumpy and there are so many obstacles along the way. The only thing to do is take it one step at a time. One day at a time. And, if that doesn't work maybe we take it inch by inch. Or millimeter by millimeter. Some days it may even be one step forward and two steps back. Posting about the struggle, getting advice and support from others along the way can only help you find your way there to the end of your journey.

Last edited by mariposssa; 04-01-2012 at 02:56 AM.
mariposssa is offline   Reply With Quote