Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 02:32 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Weekend Chat Sat 3/17 - Sun 3/18

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 03-17-2012, 04:05 AM   #2  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Good Morning Everyone...

I want to make "Irish Coffee" tomorrow. Looks like DaVinci has a sugar-free Irish Cream syrup. Where do you guys purchase it?

Going to make Shepard's Pie.

Have a great Saturday.

p.s. If anyone has tried the B-52, what do you think of it? Looks yummy.
http://www.davincigourmet.com/produc...?productID=141

Last edited by purple sky; 03-17-2012 at 04:13 AM.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 201/?see ticker?/150

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone!!
It's been a few days since I've visited, been a crazy week at home. I took an extra day off work, giving myself a 3 day weekend to spring clean the house!!! Boy am I ever glad I did that. We were able to clean the attic, office, the baby's room, and the loft. We also purchased new furniture for our loft, so now it's not a blah, empty, unused space. I love it.
On Thursday the DH along with our two girls and I rode our bikes to the nearest park, which is about 2 1/2 miles away.. WOW was that ever a workout I wasn't prepared for.. Although I don't think the distance was the problem, more the fact that my bike seat is terribly uncomfortable!! HEHE..
I don't feel like the weight is moving this week, but TOM has visited again.. So perhaps that's the issue.. Weigh in was Wednesday and I was down an additional 3 pound, which is a total of 20 in 4 weeks. I'm thrilled about it and I am def starting to see results myself. Clothes are fitting much better and I am hoping to finally give up these saggy bottom jeans.
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. I'll be working in the 911 center, and we're off to a crazy start already!!!
Old 03-17-2012, 05:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 254/229.5/190

Height: 5"8

Good morning fellow IPers! And a BIG HAPPY ST.PATTY’S DAY TO ALL!! Sorry it’s my FAV holiday as it’s also my Birthday! Yeppers the big 28 today! No big birthday plans as I don’t want to be tempted into cheating, so dinner at home is on the menu!
I had a realization a few months ago that I’m going to share, being 27 and the big 3-0 was quickly approaching I knew I really needed to do something about my weight as I truly hated myself and my life style, I did my research on IP and it took me a few weeks to make the ‘leap’ mainly because I was embarrassed as to how I had let myself go and the whole part of asking for help was a far out concept for me. The changes are slow and some days are much harder than others, but finally I have found something that works! Through this start of my journey I cannot express in words how thankful I am for each and every one of you who have given me tips or tricks and kept me motivated. You are all such wonderful people, Thank you!
Old 03-17-2012, 05:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/153/145

Height: 5ft 7

Good morning! Having a garage sale today so very Early start today. Have a great day everyone.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Happy Birthday Billster!!!! Your story is inspiring !

And a Happy St. Paddy's Day to everybody! I remember growing up in Chicago and seeing the parades, the green river, my Dad getting corned beef and cabbage for dinner, my Mom making a shamrock cake using 3 round cake pans and cutting a stem out of another one, complete with green frosting!

Guess I'll have some green vegees today! No Jamesons or Guiness for me yet, let alone green frosting. )
Old 03-17-2012, 07:03 AM   #7  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billster View Post
Good morning fellow IPers! And a BIG HAPPY ST.PATTY’S DAY TO ALL!! Sorry it’s my FAV holiday as it’s also my Birthday! Yeppers the big 28 today! No big birthday plans as I don’t want to be tempted into cheating, so dinner at home is on the menu!
I had a realization a few months ago that I’m going to share, being 27 and the big 3-0 was quickly approaching I knew I really needed to do something about my weight as I truly hated myself and my life style, I did my research on IP and it took me a few weeks to make the ‘leap’ mainly because I was embarrassed as to how I had let myself go and the whole part of asking for help was a far out concept for me. The changes are slow and some days are much harder than others, but finally I have found something that works! Through this start of my journey I cannot express in words how thankful I am for each and every one of you who have given me tips or tricks and kept me motivated. You are all such wonderful people, Thank you!
Happy Birthday Billster, I hope you have a wonderful day!

Good Morning & Happy St. Patricks day everyone.
I Bought Corned beef and rye for the hubby & kids, I will be having tuna.

Have a wonderful OP day
Old 03-17-2012, 07:07 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 192/165.2/140

Good morning. Weekends have been challenging for me but I get strengh from all of you! I love reading all your posts! I am happy to say that they are forcasting nice weather so I am planning on taking my two dogs for a nice long walk. By the way, I just adopted my second dog from the shelter on Thursday. He is an 8 yr old cocker spaniel mix and a total cutie! Hope everyone has a great weekend. Stay strong.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:30 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Happy birthday!! Thanks for sharing your story... I can relate so glad I found IP- pounds and inches are falling off, have more energy for activities with my kids & my self esteem is sky rocketing! I too have found this forum a huge help- knowledge, recipes, inspiration and most importantly validation that all the effort and sacrifices ARE worth it!!
Old 03-17-2012, 07:57 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 172.5/129/128

Height: 5'7"

Greetings from Canada's East Coast. Really loving the program, so easy to follow and so far liking all the food. My coach is 3hrs away so will be doing my 4 week weigh in on Thursday. I wasn't really finding my body was changing but she told me one day I would wake up skinny and she was right it happened yesterday, and thank goodness I am heading South March 26th and was hoping to feel better in my bathing suit. Love this site and love reading all the tips, tricks and inspiration. Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:03 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisperingshouts View Post
Good morning everyone!!
It's been a few days since I've visited, been a crazy week at home. I took an extra day off work, giving myself a 3 day weekend to spring clean the house!!! Boy am I ever glad I did that. We were able to clean the attic, office, the baby's room, and the loft. We also purchased new furniture for our loft, so now it's not a blah, empty, unused space. I love it.
On Thursday the DH along with our two girls and I rode our bikes to the nearest park, which is about 2 1/2 miles away.. WOW was that ever a workout I wasn't prepared for.. Although I don't think the distance was the problem, more the fact that my bike seat is terribly uncomfortable!! HEHE..
I don't feel like the weight is moving this week, but TOM has visited again.. So perhaps that's the issue.. Weigh in was Wednesday and I was down an additional 3 pound, which is a total of 20 in 4 weeks. I'm thrilled about it and I am def starting to see results myself. Clothes are fitting much better and I am hoping to finally give up these saggy bottom jeans.
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. I'll be working in the 911 center, and we're off to a crazy start already!!!
Sounds like you are really doing awesome. Congratulations!!!!!!
Old 03-17-2012, 08:12 AM   #12  

Quote:

You are so right. I had my son when I was 27 and spent most of my 30's getting fatter and yo-yo dieting. I felt like I wasted ten years of my life. I was able to lose with WW in my 40's and piled it right back on after I made lifetime. I hope with IP, in addition to the Beck Diet Solution (behavior mods for eating), I will get this under control once and for all.
I know some people might think that I have so little weight to lose, I should not complain but the truth of it is, I carry a lot of fat and my cholesterol has been among the highest my doc has ever seen.
Good for you for getting it under control now. Yes, the quality of life is what it's all about. After all, we only have one life.

Last edited by shiipa; 03-17-2012 at 08:17 AM. Reason: spelling genius
Old 03-17-2012, 08:40 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 305/168/150

Height: 5'6"

Happy St. Pat's Day to all. Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend, that is what I plan to do! WI this AM, and am down 4 more pounds!
Old 03-17-2012, 08:53 AM   #14  
Jag23

S/C/G: 177 Goal weight 140

Height: 5"1"

The "Luck of the Irish "to you all today! I am 100% OP and so happy that I finally am back to a Strong Will. Planning to have another great day today. Going to go for a very long walk. Have finished a large part of my spring housecleaning. I am going to transplant some daffidils in the yard also.

Happy Birthday billster. My eldest daughter's was yesterday and mine is the 23rd. Singing Irish tunes today and plan on making a vegetarian Shepard's Pie that was featured on "The Chew" yesterday

Have a great day everyone.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:03 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 169/140/135

Height: 5'2"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Billster! Hope your day is awesome!!!

Very nice weather we are having here today. Our snow is melting fast. Not so good for a snow lover like me. lol I am wishing you a OP day. I am still struggling with binge eating but I talked with my coach yesterday and there isn't much she can do. I will have to deal with those mental issues myself. One step at a time. Also, yesterday someone made a comment that scared me a bit. When she learned I was doing IP, she told me to be careful. Now, coming from a nurse, it made me wonder what she meant. Did you guys ever hear of anyone having serious health issues because of IP? When I googled it, they were talking about the dangers of ketosis for too long...liver and kidney problems. That is scary!!!
Closed Thread