Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-15-2012, 03:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 263/255/150

Height: 5'6

Default Having a off day.

I look in the mirror and I feel like nothing will change. I been eating better then I use to. I stopped eating bread and pasta. (love carbs!)I have a shake, steel cut oats or a omelett with veggies in the morning. after I eat i'll go to the gym, I do 25 on the ellipitical and I sweat! then I do 20 mins on the treadmill. walking at 3.0 and ever 5 mins i do a incline at 3.0 then back down. I feel like i'm not doing enough. I tried other machines but I have no energy to do them longer then 5 mins. Whats the secret to energy?? LOL I wold like to go to the gym 5 days a week but some morings i'm so tired and can't get my butt in gear. I have gone twice this week and I plan on going tomorrow to make it 3 times this week. for lunch and dinner I just try to find stuff that isn't bad. But last night I was feel really bad, my head hurt and I had no energy. so my hubby went and got some chinise food. I had fried rice, chichen, and beef, I didn't eat alot. I ate till I was full, not omg I can't move full LOL. I feel better today just really tired again. I'm not counting calories bc its so confusing. But I been eating better and smaller portions. for lunch I made a turekey burger (no bun) with butternut squash fries. for a snack I'll have yogurt, boiled eggs. Any ideas what I can do differnt? or add?
kprincess45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 177.6/163/145

Height: 5'8''

Hi There!! I am certainly no pro but have a few suggestions for you:

I would suggest adding some strength training to your routine, instead of all cardio. Some free weights/squats/lunges etc. Perhaps you could find a plan online. I know that Ipod has an app with different exercises (Ifitness i think) if you have access to an Ipod touch/Iphone or Ipad.

Also, if you're really feeling like your lacking energy, perhaps you are low in iron? A simple blood test can tell you so!

Another tip is making sure you're getting enough water and that you aren't getting too little food. Maybe you should try tracking your calories just for a few days to make sure you aren't under your cal?

Just a few suggestions! Just try your best to stick with it! I know how challenging it can be on these days but, if you keep at it, you'll get there!

Best of luck to you.
Aubrey87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:09 PM   #3  

I was sick about a month ago and they did alot of blood test and said they would call if anything came up. never got a call so I guess everything is fine. LOL what are some foods that have iron in them?
Old 03-15-2012, 04:35 PM   #4  

Here is a website for foods with iron
http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/t...ron-rich-foods
I would just count my calories. It doesn't have to be forever, just for 1 week or something till you get better at eyeballing how much food you need to eat (or not eat) to lose weight. Before you eat something, just google what it is and the cals - like if you were getting a pasta dish at olive garden, google "olive garden spaghetti" or cooking a chicken dish, google "calories in chicken" and flip over to the nutrition label on the bottle of condiments. Its not bad at all when you get used to it-its at least worth trying for a few days.
Otherwise, even if you reduce, you could just be eating less, but still more than you are burning. Exercise does burn, but usually less than we think.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:41 PM   #5  

awseom! thanks for the site!