South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 06:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default SBD Thursday Chit-Chat, 3/15

Good morning! Although it's still pitch black out, it's supposed to be another glorious spring-like day here, although spring doesn't officially start until next week. I've been enjoying my lunch outside on the porch all week long, and even the bugs are out already!

There's nothing exceptional happening in my world today except that it's my Friday. I'm going to spend the weekend at my DD's since Jake and Dustin are shooing everyone out for the whole weekend so they can put in the new bathroom flooring and cabinets. I'm looking forward to having that project done.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

THANKS COTTAGE! You reminded me it's my Friday too! WOO HOO! It's my every-other-month Friday off tomorrow. I can't sleep in though, since the kids still have to get on the bus. (not like I have the ability to sleep in...)

I did get to go on a 6 mile hog (hike/jog) yesterday, it was glorious and I was WIPED out!! Steep downhill, steep uphill (but I didn't stop once!), and very rocky, so I didn't run much....which I don't need to, just need to burn calories!

I just pulled a batch of sugar and spice muffins out of the oven, they smell fabulous...I almost forgot I'm "bus ministry" today, so I surprise the bus drivers to our school with a little yummy. Now, for me not to eat any!!

The coffee is yummy today!
Old 03-15-2012, 07:00 AM   #3  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning Linda and all others! I hope you enjoy your Friday That is great that you've been able to enjoy the great weather.

Twynn, wow, 6 miles? that is long!!! And how nice for you to make treats for the bus drivers! I'm sure they appreciate it.

Yesterday something inspired me to start cleaning and scrubbing woodwork in the kitchen and painted! that is a biggie for me. It looks so much better.

Today might be the day I get my motorcycle on the road for a quick ride!

Have a great on-program day, everyone!

Last edited by VermontMom; 03-15-2012 at 07:03 AM. Reason: late!
Old 03-15-2012, 07:01 AM   #4  

Yum, Tammy! I bet the bus drivers love it when you are on duty! I'm glad you had a good run yesterday, but take care on those steep paths!

Good morning, Holly! What color did you paint your cupboards?

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 03-15-2012 at 07:02 AM.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:07 AM   #5  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
Yum, Tammy! I bet the bus drivers love it when you are on duty! I'm glad you had a good run yesterday, but take care on those steep paths!

Good morning, Holly! What color did you paint your cupboards?
Just a boring cream shade, lol..there was a gallon of it leftover from some other project, I didn't even think of some cool color..maybe I can think on that and do a do-over
Old 03-15-2012, 07:11 AM   #6  

Holly, I like cream-colored kitchen cabinets. Mine are honey-maple, but I've often thought if I ever get new ones, that I'd like to go with a white.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:56 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Wishing you all a happy and healthy day! We are all pretty busy these days. The added daylight and warm weather sure helps!

Linda, thanks for getting us started and happy Friday to you! I enjoyed Survivor last night...it's a pretty funny season...had me laughing more than once.

Tammy, great run! I am sometimes envious (not always).

Holly, I hope you get to put a few miles on your motorcycle today!

Me, up sorting again....I'm working my way through a big closet which has remanents of my mom's C**P dating way back...UGH. I also have piles of beautiful clothes which I will never wear again. It's nice to see them go. I'm bushed and need to bring this project to a close for now so I can regain some balance.

Fortunately, I already have a great salad ready for lunch and a plan for dinner. I find that really helps me focus OP when I'm tired/stressed. The clutter is stressful for me.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-15-2012, 08:28 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi there, everyone. I was looking forward to starting the daily this morning but didn't wake up until 8!!!! The dogs had me up in the night (Disney has tummy problems) and I was washing the kitchen floor at what I thought was 2 a.m. However, it could have been 5 because my clock was stopped at 2. I went back to bed and slept until the garbage truck went by. Drat! Missed him! (I know I missed him because he picked up my recycle which I took out to the road last night!)

OK - time to get dressed, breakfasted and outta here. The children just love Jazz at the library programme and really cuddle him during story-time. I am so lucky with my good dogs.

Have a lovely spring day - this is such a bonus! Usually we have at least 18" of snow at this time of year and no robins!

After the Library programme and a stop at the bank, the rest of today is mine! Since we are to have astonishingly high temps on the weekend I want to get this house in order so I can be outside. It feels like Friday around here - being away midweek really screws up my time sense.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:36 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Cottage- Have a great day

Twynn- That's very nice of you to bake for the drivers I am sure they appreciate it.

Holly- Hope you get to ride your motorcycle

Debbie- I need to do the same thing as well sort through clothes again.

I turned on the outside water last night, I think we are past freezing temps, Hubby has been busy doing yard work so the yard is starting to look good.

Went to pack my lunch this morning and found out the kids ate my food yesterday that was supposed to be my lunch for today and tomorrow. Oh well, at least they are eating Beachy foods....I will just make a salad in the cafe.

Have a great day
Old 03-15-2012, 08:43 AM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I've had a lovely, relaxing start to my day. DW slept in and we have no appointments so I drank coffee and caught on on email and 3FC. What a nice start to a spring day!

Cottage - I'm so glad you are being exiled during the mess! hope it's a nice surprise to come home to.
The winter was so mild here the annoying shield beetles that live in the walls never fully hibernated so I've been finding them around all winter. yuck

Twynn - the hog sounds perfect. Hope you get out again today.

Holly- Enjoy the spring weather The 10 day still looks great. I'm definitely getting my snows off next week.

Debbie - Hope you have some you time planned once the closet project is done. So smart to have that salad ready ahead of time.

Good morning Ruth. Library story time sounds like a blast for everyone involved.

Okay, time to make a list and get moving. Happy Thursday friends! (wow, how did it get to be Thursday already?!)

ETA - Rose

Last edited by CyndiM; 03-15-2012 at 08:44 AM.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:33 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Hockey Mom - Welcome!

Jenn - You know I read it

Linda - How nice to have handy men around the house.

Twynn - I wish I could sleep late too! Glad you had a great hog. Hmm... maybe we should go with jike.

Holly - We painted ours green (with a brown wash on top) a few years back and am sure we'll have to change them if/when we sell our house. Have fun on your ride.

Debbie - I just need to say that your avatar always makes me smile. Yeah for decluttering closets!! Clutter stresses me out too. Unfortunately my husband is a major clutterer.

Ruth - Wicked is, as we used to say when I lived in Boston, wicked good.

Rose - Wow - my kids would never eat my food! I'm impressed.

Cyndi - Enjoy your appointment-less day.

Not much happening here today. I am going to do more "homework" as my husband calls it. I've been spending time on the website for my store, trying to learn more about all the different styles. I wish my memory wasn't so darn bad! I'm going to spend time in my closet today too. I got some new hangars yesterday that should help me better fit in my new work clothes. I have work clothes now! (Just a few.) Hmmm, maybe it's time to get rid of the old work clothes from decades ago that I hope to never wear again: suits, hose, heels...

I have two frozen meals left so need to plan what I'm going to cook/freeze next. With the warmer temps my tastes sort of change. Soup doesn't sound very appealing right now!

Have a great OP day, everyone.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:05 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 135/133/115

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning All!

It's a very rainy day out here in Vancouver BC, pouring side ways rain actually, glad I'm warm in my office with a coffee. I heard on the radio it's 21 in Ontario today? Anyone from Ontario? Lucky you!

It has been snowing a little all week here, nothing has stuck though, I really hope we've seen the end of that, I need Spring to arrive, so much easier for me to be motivated to get out there and exercise when it's a nice day.

My sister has been walking an hour and a half long walk to the farm market, shopping, then walking back home. Right now I am working up to being able to do that with her, so I've been taking my dog to a school field by our house, she gets to go off the leash, and we do 7 laps, which takes us 7 mins each. Going to start doing 8 laps next week I really hope this rain stops and we get some nice weather.

Hope you all have a wonderful day out there. Sooo happy tomorrow is Friday!

Last edited by Aldergrove BC; 03-15-2012 at 01:06 PM.
Closed Thread