Old 03-06-2012, 06:32 PM   #1  
Betsey

S/C/G: 232.2/185.5/160

Height: 5'10

Question WW Points Plus

Hi Everyone,

I am going into my third week of WW and have a few questions.

The first week of WW was a big success! I lost almost six pounds and felt like I was not doing much different, just counting points. Going into week 2, I thought I would work out more and try not to use my weekly points and/or all of my daily points as well, feeling that it would help me to lose a large amount of weights this week also. However, when I weighed in today, I had only lost 1.4 pounds.

Now I'm not complaining because 7 pounds in two weeks is good, however I don't know if I did something wrong. Should I have exercised more? Do I need to be using all my points daily? Should I be trying to get more of my weekly points used as well?

Please let me know what you're doing thats working for you. I am very determined to really jump-start my weight loss and obtain bigger losses each week.
bt2155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:10 PM   #2  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

Why do you think you did something wrong? To me it sounds like you did everything right: 1.4 is really good and 7 pounds in two weeks is amazing. You aren't going to lose 6 lbs every week and having that expectation will only leave you disappointed and frustrated. You didn't gain the weight overnight, you can't expect to lose it overnight

As for your daily points, yes, you should be trying to get all of them in each and every day. If you think the points are too high, you are allowed to lower it by a maximum of three, but I would suggest giving it a few more weeks before you decide if the daily points are too much.
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 330/308/150

Height: 5'8

I have to say that I felt the same way when I first started WW. I lost huge within the first two weeks and then slowly tapered off to about a 1lb. I'm, also, working out etc. I'll tell you what I keep telling myself: hang in there, keep doing what you are doing and slow and steady wins the race.
Soon2BHealthyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:50 AM   #4  
Betsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tudor Rose View Post
Why do you think you did something wrong? To me it sounds like you did everything right: 1.4 is really good and 7 pounds in two weeks is amazing. You aren't going to lose 6 lbs every week and having that expectation will only leave you disappointed and frustrated. You didn't gain the weight overnight, you can't expect to lose it overnight

As for your daily points, yes, you should be trying to get all of them in each and every day. If you think the points are too high, you are allowed to lower it by a maximum of three, but I would suggest giving it a few more weeks before you decide if the daily points are too much.
Thanks for your postings! My question about this post is can my body react negatively if I'm going lower than three points? I know there have been days I've gone below that by quite a bit. Can that screw up my progress?
Old 03-07-2012, 10:29 AM   #5  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bt2155 View Post
Thanks for your postings! My question about this post is can my body react negatively if I'm going lower than three points? I know there have been days I've gone below that by quite a bit. Can that screw up my progress?
From my understanding, yes. I know the instinct is eating less will help you lost more, but it could work against you if you aren't getting enough calories or nutrients. Do you get all of your Good Health Guidelines in (oil, fruits and veggies, dairy, water, etc?) If you're eating low fat dairy, try switching to the real stuff. It will be the same amount of food but higher points. Throw in some nuts at the end of the day if you have extra points.

You really do need to eat to lose weight, it's one reason the heavier you are the more points you get and your points decrease as you lose
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:01 AM   #6  
Betsey

Thanks! I've been doing things backwards then last week! lol.

I'll be trying to get more in this week and see how I do. I'll also be paying more attention to the tracker with all the daily requirements as well. (I've been neglecting a bit of it!)
Old 03-07-2012, 12:09 PM   #7  
Pinup extraordinaire!

S/C/G: 273/232.4/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bt2155 View Post

The first week of WW was a big success! I lost almost six pounds and felt like I was not doing much different, just counting points.
Now I'm not complaining because 7 pounds in two weeks is good, however I don't know if I did something wrong. Should I have exercised more? Do I need to be using all my points daily? Should I be trying to get more of my weekly points used as well?

Please let me know what you're doing thats working for you. I am very determined to really jump-start my weight loss and obtain bigger losses each week.
I think a lot of people feel like this when they start WW.

My first piece of advice would be don't go into your weigh-ins with any expectations. The first week you had was not a normal loss. You definitely didn't do anything wrong. Don't push yourself too hard and don't expect to drop 6 pounds every week.

Yes, you should definitely be eating all of your points. Your body can go into starvation mode and hold onto the fat if you're not getting all the fat/nutrients you need.
Your weekly points are completely up to you. I eat all of my daily and weekly and never have problems losing. I'm usually around -2 per week. This week was a very rare week and I lost 4 even with eating all my points.

I wouldn't focus on "obtaining bigger losses". That's setting yourself up for failure and disappointment. Instead, I would recommend taking it slowly. Getting thin and healthy isn't going to happen overnight, it takes time.

Hope this helps!
tessendicott is offline   Reply With Quote