Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-04-2012, 06:59 PM   #1  
life's a journey~

Height: 5'7

Default Eat Stop Eat progress after two days

I just wanted to tell somebody! After a few days on the ESE prog I have lost 5 pounds. It's not much , but it's something!
Dalliance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/165/145

What is Eat stop eat? and Congrats!
JudgeDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:24 PM   #3  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

That's what I want to know, too... it sounds tortuous!
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:28 PM   #4  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeDread View Post
It's an Intermittent Fasting plan. Two 24-hour fasts (usually dinner-to-dinner) per week, basically. The rest of the time you eat what you want; the idea is that the calorie deficit created on the fasting days makes up for not counting calories/carbs/whatever on the eating days.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:08 PM   #5  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistoo View Post
It's an Intermittent Fasting plan. Two 24-hour fasts (usually dinner-to-dinner) per week, basically. The rest of the time you eat what you want; the idea is that the calorie deficit created on the fasting days makes up for not counting calories/carbs/whatever on the eating days.
Close but not exactly. In the book he says you should eat sensibly.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:47 AM   #6  
life's a journey~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeDread View Post
Thanks everyone for the support

I didn't read the whole book, but downloaded the pdf of the book and read how to do it and all that jazz. I can't stand sifting through pages and pages of supportive evidence; I read several reviews and decided to find out for myself.

It's, yeah, the intermittent fasting. 1-2 days a week. He did recommend eating more healthily in the book, but I believe he also said if you ate as you normally would and incorporated the IF day(s), you would lose weight because you're basically taking out the calories that the 48 hours you fasted would be if you ate normally, from your weekly caloric intake for the weekly total.

I will say that it's easy to want to go overboard on it and make it more than 2 days a week. At what point would it be considered an eating disorder? More than 3? I suppose that is why he recommends only one or two days.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:04 PM   #7  
WC

S/C/G: sz 14-16/sz 10/sz 10 now sz 8

Height: 5'7"

I know there are threads on this, but just to quickly double-check - do you eat dinner and then skip bkfst/lunch the next day until dinner again for do you eat lunch, then skip dinner, bkfst and lunch that night/next day until dinner?

Thanks.
lm3898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:17 PM   #8  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lm3898 View Post
I know there are threads on this, but just to quickly double-check - do you eat dinner and then skip bkfst/lunch the next day until dinner again for do you eat lunch, then skip dinner, bkfst and lunch that night/next day until dinner?

Thanks.
Eat Stop Eat is based on a 24 hour fast. You can structure it however you want but most eat dinner than don't eat again until the next dinner.

If you at lunch and than didn't eat until the next day's dinner you would be fasting for 28-30 hours.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:25 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

So if I understand this, you're really only skipping 2 meals every few days? And, of course, all the in-between eating, too, but that doesn't sound like enough of a deficit to balance out "eating anything you want." You aren't eliminating a full day's worth of calories, right? Am I missing something?

Lin

Last edited by linJber; 03-05-2012 at 09:26 PM.
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:00 PM   #10  
life's a journey~

Quote:
Originally Posted by linJber View Post
So if I understand this, you're really only skipping 2 meals every few days? And, of course, all the in-between eating, too, but that doesn't sound like enough of a deficit to balance out "eating anything you want." You aren't eliminating a full day's worth of calories, right? Am I missing something?

Lin
I started off ESE without eating normally.. so it's hard to answer in a way. There are one or two 24 periods in a week where you choose ( you choose the time frames) that you don't eat at all. And to lose weight you eat sensibly otherwise, although progress has been claimed when sticking to a normal eating on the non-fasting periods. I go to bed around 5 am every day and wake up around 12 pm. I have been picking a timeframe of not eating from midnight or thereabouts to midnight the next day-eat normally for a day or two, then repeat. I've lost 6 pounds already -without exercise, although the guy who made this popular recommends exercise. I'm not perfect at all, it's just the easiest for me to do since I have to eat what others in my household eat for meals and I need to not spend any more money than I usually do.

Sorry if I didn't give you a right answer... :P