Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-03-2012, 02:43 PM   #1  
life's a journey~

Height: 5'7

Default Girl Scout Cookies=Evil

Well, not really evil. They're pretty righteous as a fundraiser. Wish I could edit the title now because I feel guilty for saying they're evil. They tasty. It's their calories I don't like.

So here's the deal. I used to be a girl scout maaaany years ago. Now a relative is one. So I bought...wait for it.... TWENTY EIGHT( 28!!!) boxes in support of her troop.

They arrived yesterday.

I am currently on the 12th hour of my 24 hour fast from the Eat Stop Eat program.

I would just like to say that the cookies are taunting me. Especially the coconut caramel ones.

Does anyone share my frustration?

Last edited by Dalliance; 03-03-2012 at 02:45 PM.
Dalliance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:54 PM   #2  
The 'x3' is a heart! :)

S/C/G: 250/low 200's/165

Height: 5'6

They are evil. LOL

Oh my gosh 28 boxes???? I would blow up like a balloon!

That's so sweet of you, and my little sister is a girl scout and I know I will be buying them next time around too. You know what I am planning on doing, though? Donating them to our local food bank. I have a friend who volunteers there and she says that there are always smiling faces whenever anyone brings in GS cookies.

They are too good and I totally feel your pain. I always think though that eating like that is what got me into this mess. I try to not even think about my trigger foods but it always happens anyway :P

Maybe try donating some to just simply get the temptation out of your house?
mirax3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 03:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 286/209/150

Height: 5'4

I definitely share your frustration. I only bought two boxes and I've managed to keep them in the freezer for a month, then yesterday I had 3. They were definitely taunting me today, so back into the freezer they go. I just cannot be alone with them.
gonnabfitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 03:06 PM   #4  
life's a journey~

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirax3 View Post
They are evil. LOL

Oh my gosh 28 boxes???? I would blow up like a balloon!

That's so sweet of you, and my little sister is a girl scout and I know I will be buying them next time around too. You know what I am planning on doing, though? Donating them to our local food bank. I have a friend who volunteers there and she says that there are always smiling faces whenever anyone brings in GS cookies.

They are too good and I totally feel your pain. I always think though that eating like that is what got me into this mess. I try to not even think about my trigger foods but it always happens anyway :P

Maybe try donating some to just simply get the temptation out of your house?
You're right. I should donate some. I think I might send some friends some boxes as a surprise, too. Eating what I want when I want and how much I want is undoubtedly a huge factor of what got me here. The funny thing is, I could eat the same way a few years ago and I stayed between 175 and 185 consistently. It just boggles me. I'm 23 so I'm not sure I'm old enough for the whole metabolism drop, at least I hope not.

I did have some yesterday. Then I felt really bad about it. I think I had at least 6(cookies , not boxes! :P ). FYI, wth happened to the thin mints?! They taste like bad sugar-free mint gum now.

I really wish they made a sugar-free and gluten-free version. Then I could give some to some of my older relatives. Or I could eat more. Lol
Old 03-03-2012, 03:09 PM   #5  
life's a journey~

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonnabfitmom View Post
I definitely share your frustration. I only bought two boxes and I've managed to keep them in the freezer for a month, then yesterday I had 3. They were definitely taunting me today, so back into the freezer they go. I just cannot be alone with them.
Haha. What's your favorite kind? You have some willpower. I had 6 or 7 yesterday. Then felt crappy afterwards.

Luckily I have a huge chest freezer that I put MOST of the boxes into. I'm glad they can be frozen up to a year. Everyone may get GS cookies as a present from me for a while, unless I turn into CRAZYEATINGMACHINE and binge on them. Ew, I hope not, lol.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:17 PM   #6  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

Yep, someone else posted about this earlier too. Stupid peanut butter patties and deliciousness. Thin mints in the freezer, haven't tasted them yet--but I think the caramel delights taste different than they used to, so I didn't get any this year. HOWEVER, Fiber Plus makes a bar that tastes pretty darn similar, I can't remember the name, but it's got the main ingredients--coconut, chocolate, and caramel...yuuuuum.
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 03:22 PM   #7  
life's a journey~

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainydays View Post
Yep, someone else posted about this earlier too. Stupid peanut butter patties and deliciousness. Thin mints in the freezer, haven't tasted them yet--but I think the caramel delights taste different than they used to, so I didn't get any this year. HOWEVER, Fiber Plus makes a bar that tastes pretty darn similar, I can't remember the name, but it's got the main ingredients--coconut, chocolate, and caramel...yuuuuum.
I agree...they all taste pretty different than I remember them. More processed! I still think the coconut ones taste the best though. Ah, cookies. I will have to try the fiber plus bars... I hope they make them in my area! Thanks!
Old 03-03-2012, 03:33 PM   #8  
The 'x3' is a heart! :)

S/C/G: 250/low 200's/165

Height: 5'6

Only 6, ah your fine! :P I literally used to eat the whole box. Plus a McDonald's run. Plus whatever else was in the house. Eww, I was so bad!

Ok now I am craving them... LOL they are so good when you put them in the freezer... now I'm not helping, woops!
mirax3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 03:52 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 285/249.6/175

Height: 5'7"

They are evil, evil little boxes of evil goodness... LOL I didn't buy any this year but my wonderful hubby decided to come home with a box of Thin Mints, one of my favorite of course. I am very proud to say they have been in the house a few weeks now and I haven't had any. Not one little bit, they are almost gone now (hubby and son have been eating them) and every time I want one I grab the box, look at the calories and put them right back!
The thing is maybe next year I will buy a box and treat myself but I am not at a place yet that cookies are something I want to introduce back into my eating. If it happens it happens but it's just not worth it to me just yet!
suzukigurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:15 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 265/211/130

Height: 5'6"

I cannot have cookies in my apartment. I do not have the willpower to resist them. I can hear just one box calling my name if I have them, 28 would sound like them were using a bullhorn.

Last year I actually just made a donation to a troop who was selling them outside a store. I was going to buy one box and take them to work, but really, I would have had that box open in car on the way home. I gave them the cost of one box and just left the cookies behind.

P.S. I am a former Girl Scout too, so I completely understand the desire to help them out. It's not there fault I cannot control myself with sweets!
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:55 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 206/165/140

Height: 5' 5.75''

Yeah, I had pms and access to 4 different kinds last Saturday. Eight cookies later I had a great sugar high before acknowledging the reality of all the calories I had.
Aunrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:10 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 286/209/150

Height: 5'4

Today, after 7 unplanned girl scout cookies, I had to lock mine in the car. I know I am too lazy to go out there to get any.
gonnabfitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:12 PM   #13  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainydays View Post
they changed samoas?!

that's just wrong.

i do love the kellogs fiber plus bars with the coconut. so good.

keebler also makes a cookie that's just like (formerly known as) a samoa. i forget what they are called. caramel spins? something like that.
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:14 PM   #14  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

I just finished my first 24 hour ESE fast and if there were any Girl Scout cookies in this house, I would have eaten ALL of them by now. Heck, I might have eaten an actual Girl Scout if she got in my way. You're made of stronger stuff than me.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:39 PM   #15  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

First of all, they don't raise a lot of troop money. Simply, they don't. Ask your relative's troop leader for the sad fact. 2ndly, how nice of you to buy 28 boxes....now donate 27 of them to your coworkers or family or friends of family. Why would you set yourself up like that?

Orbs of death. Circles of evil. Cookies = gross. Stop before you even begin.
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote