Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-29-2012, 03:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 263/255/150

Height: 5'6

Default Hi! i'm new to the site.

Hello, I joined this site a year ago but couldn't remember my login info so I made a new one. I wasn't a active memeber or anything but I would like to be now. I joined the gym back in nov and have only gone about 10 times. my hubby and I both want to lose weight. I gained 60lbs in my pregnancy 4 years ago. I can't seem to lose the weight. I'm 263 today and it sucks. I have gone to the gym 5 times in the last 2 weeks. I went mon and yesterday and im going to go today. i'm embaressed when im at the gym bc im not sure what to do (any suggestions) and i feel like the fattest person there any advice?? I have tried so many diets and i'm done. I want to do this once and for all!!! Im not good at counting calories. so im just going to cut back on carbs and eat better. going to have a smottie before i work out. I had something really salty before i went to the gym and i felt like crap the whole time!!! how long can it take before I see any results? I weighd myself last week and was thinking i should do it once a week or every 2 weeks. what do you all think? thanks for taking the time to read my long post LOL
kprincess45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 145/145/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi kprincess45. I'm new to the forum and I'm looking for support as well. You should not feel embarrassed at the gym-you are there for a reason and that's that. If you're unsure of what to do, maybe stick to the eliptical which will give you a higher calorie burn than other machines. Results will show and I would only weigh once a week. As for pre-workout foods, maybe stick to a banana, almonds or peanut butter on apple slices. I would think the smoothie would be too creamy and may upset your stomach.

I feel like I work out all the time, but I don't see any results. I think I've hit my rock bottom. I'm starting Jennifer Jolan's 1 day diet tomorrow. I've tried everything-so many diets. I'm frustrated and I'm hoping this one does the trick.
1Anderson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/254/160

Height: 5'7

im new too!!! Walking is the easiest thing to do, but I like doing the eliptical..I stay on it for 33 mins..and burn 430 cals....Dont worry about being the biggest one in there.....nobody else is looking at you or cares we all have to start some where..... I am forcing myself to workout everyday...it is hard...and I dread going but I always feel so much better once I get it over with....I am tired of all this extra weight..it makes me feel depressed and like sh!t...I hope to get some of this off me before it gets really hot outside..I have nothing that fits me....I need help to stay on track...I hope this web site helps me...I guess I will live in the gym and on this site until I reach my goal.
Immafatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:01 PM   #4  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

Welcome to 3FC!
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:24 PM   #5  

hello!! I'm hoping this site will help to. I feel your pain lol. none of my cloths fit and it sucks!! I been starting out slow since I don't do much activity (stay at home mommy) I use to do 30 mins on the ellipitical in november but I can only get myself to do 18 mins lately. i feel so tired with no energy. I will try a bannana today and see how that works. I wait for my hubby to get home so we can go together. around 5pm.. I rather do it in the AM bc I seem to get a etter work out and there is a ALOT less ppl there. After i do the ellipitcal I do the bike for about 10 to 15 mins. then I will lift some weights for my arms (bingo wings yuck!) I do about 30 reps or more. "Immafatty" LOL nice username hehehehe.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:44 PM   #6  
Zumba Freak :)

S/C/G: 267/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

hey and welcome I, too, have just gotten back from being away for a year. I have some baby weight to shed as well. Good luck to you and stay positive! We can encourage each other to keep going~!
martha328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:46 AM   #7  

sounds awesome!!
Old 03-01-2012, 02:11 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 225/206/150

Welcome Kprincess45.
Anastasia77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:54 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 135/123/105

Height: 5'4

Congrats on your choice to get healthy, first of all.
As for the gym question, you don't have to go to a gym to get a good sweat going. Walking, swimming, even shopping (my favorite) are all great forms of less intense cardio. And you don't need to burn a lot of calories to lose weight- it's more important to watch your intake. I've lost the most weight when I wasn't working out (because i had less of an appetite.)
As for the particular gym you are going to, you might want to consider switching- I used to go to a gym that seemed like it was all bodybuilders. No fun for me :P

Hope I helped! And happy sweating
digitalbath is offline   Reply With Quote