Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-16-2012, 11:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

Default Work just threw a wrench in my eating schedule...

One of our directors is in town and he is taking my team to lunch today. Normally, I would decline but I'm somewhat obligated to go because this is a new director and this is his first time meeting us. To top it off, we don't even know where we will be eating.

UGH.
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:46 AM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Sometimes, you have to roll with it. I've spent weeks on site at one client or another, and they order in lunches for us. You just sort of do the best you can to eat as well as you can, and move on.

If anything, it's just one day, one meal. Do what's possible/reasonable, meet your new director (important career wise), then don't stress. Weight loss isn't about one day, one meal...it's the choices you make every meal, every day.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:06 PM   #3  
Taking it 1lb at a time!

S/C/G: 291/Ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Well you might not know where you are going, but you know what types of food are healthier then others so just go with that. Even if its pizza, veggie or plain cheese pizza is better then pepperoni. Or side salad over soup, veggies over the baked potato, chicken or fish over steak...etc. You'll be ok.
CocoTruffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:09 PM   #4  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Even if what you're offered to eat isn't the "healthiest" choice, you can still adhere to your "diet" by watching the portion size. If there isn't anything that is on the menu that you would normally eat, get as close to your normal foods as possible & just eat less of it. And like mandalinn said... don't stress! - it's just ONE MEAL. No biggie!!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Patrol View Post
Even if what you're offered to eat isn't the "healthiest" choice, you can still adhere to your "diet" by watching the portion size. If there isn't anything that is on the menu that you would normally eat, get as close to your normal foods as possible & just eat less of it. And like mandalinn said... don't stress! - it's just ONE MEAL. No biggie!!
Absolutely! Choose the healthiest option that you can, keep your portions small, and stay away from "extras" like bread on the table. You will be fine!
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

Thanks everyone.

We ended up going to a hibachi/sushi place. Everyone else had the hibachi with the rice/meats/veggies....oh and the excessive oil and butter LOL. I chose the 2 roll sushi lunch (with the bowl of miso soup and small salad). I ate all of my food, but its ok. IMO it was a better choice then the hibachi fare while still enjoying myself and the food.
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:41 PM   #7  

S/C/G: SW 228/CW 138/GW 130-150

Height: 5'3.5

I love Miso soup!
dstalksalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:04 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

I go to a lot of medical advisory board meetings where they serve delicious catered lunches. My general approach is to have one serving of one main course (e.g., fish or pasta) and a huge bowl of mixed-green salad with a little vinaigrette. I don't find it too hard to resist the desserts unless they're serving one of my very favourite items, like cheesecake, in which case I'll allow myself a mini-slice.

Having a default "plan of attack" you can apply to all business lunches or dinners is very helpful, IMO. I'm sure you'll do fine.

Freelance
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:21 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 395/378/225

Height: 5'10"

I hear ya on the 'work wrench'--just switched from 2pm - 10pm shift to an overnight one. It's so hard to switch eating/sleeping schedules... plus when you're not sleeping like you should be you're craving crazy carbs. Ugh. But I WILL succeed! Just have to get used to my new schedule.
thekellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:27 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 218.8/155.0/150

Height: 5'05

The biggest challenge with my office is we have alot of "foodies" they ALWAYS being in sweets. Temptation is hard here every day, but I look at the long term.
You can do it, most places should have a salad option, get the dressing on the side and use it as needed!
Samanthia is offline   Reply With Quote