Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-04-2012, 01:04 AM   #1  
weigh-in Wednesday :D

S/C/G: 255/250/175

Height: 5'10.5"

Talking New to site :D

This is a copy and paste from the original thread I posted on but I thought I'd share here as well seeing as I'm a newbie to the site

I have a few aquaintences who have had amazing results with the IP program and last year I tried to duplicate it on my own but at the time there didn't seem to be as much information on calorie amounts etc available online. This time around there is! yay! I'm so glad for this particular website! It's really nice to know that I'm not the only one cheaping out of the brand name diet and that there are people out there sticking to it and getting fantastic results

I actually did have pretty great results the first time around but fell off the wagon after a few weeks, mainly because I threw my back out and couldn't stick to my workouts and had to rely on hubbie to cook. I also structured it a little closer to south beach but with shakes for breakfast and lunch because I get sick of eggs really quickly.

Anyways, I just started my version of IP on the 1st. I actually started at lunch because I'm always putting off starting until the next day or the following monday, I figured enough excuses! Start now! I actually tried talking myself out of it because my birthday is next week and I plan on going out to a fancy teahouse and making a super awesome chocolate cake (I need a new picture for my website). I am not cancelling those things and understand that I won't get the loss that would be expected in the first week or two but it's my birthday...yeah yeah I know my weight loss should come first but if I ignore these things on my birthday then my day will go by without notice other than a phonecall here or there.

You see my hubby moved two months ago to another town to become the fire chief there while me and my two kiddos stay here until the house sells. Well, my work was cut back a lot since xmas and it's now been two months since he moved and I find myself eating out of boredom or to console my loneliness. The scale hasn't changed much but my belly is getting bigger...not good.

Had I taken advantage of the first two months I could be down major weight by now! But I'm starting now that's what matters. Even if I have a couple of planned cheats already, I am happy with my decision to start now rather than wasting another week.

We are planning a tropical vacation once the house sells and we are settled in our new home for a bit. It would be nice if I weren't bulging out of the bathing suit that I bought last year, but it would be super fantastic if I had to buy a new one
AmberN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:26 AM   #2  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Amber, welcome, glad to have you join us. I suggest you look for a Challenge or Support group to join; small check-in groups make it easier to connect, get involved, and be accountable. We have groups centering around specific diet plans such as IP, themes, or age groups, so find one that inspires you and just post to join!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:31 PM   #3  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

AMBER ~ gee, you're the second Canadian I have welcomed in the last few minutes; lots have been joining this winter. This is a great place to come for support, info, challenges, plans, ideas, and tips ... we even have a Canadian Thread in the Support Groups forum. Just jump right in wherever you want and have fun ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 06:36 PM   #4  
weigh-in Wednesday :D

S/C/G: 255/250/175

Height: 5'10.5"

Thanks for the great big colourful welcome! I'll have to go find the Canadian thread I will for sure be joining in!

BTW, not quite weigh in day, working on day 6 right now but down 3 pounds! Woohoo!
AmberN is offline   Reply With Quote