Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2003, 10:40 AM   #1  

Talking Introduction

Hi! I'm searching for a place where I might fit in here at 3FC.

My name is Carole and I am 33 (almost 34) year-old mom of one from Florida. I was first diagnosed with clinical depression when I was 20. I was prescribed an antidepressant but I refused to take it and suffered through the next 10 years stubbornly refusing to take any meds.

Then I was prescribed Wellbutrin and it gave me horrible headaches and diminished my sex drive to nothing - so I stopped taking it.

About a year ago I was prescribed Paxil but didn't like the effects and the withdrawal symptoms I'd have if I missed even one dose. I'd managed to loose 30 pounds but after weaning off the Paxil I grew so apathetic that I gained back all 30 in a rather numb state.

I'm now starting to take Zoloft and hoping that going back on antidepressants will at least help to lift the veil of apathy so I can start dealing with the issues at hand.

Anyway - that's me in a nutshell. No pun intended!
Old 02-19-2003, 11:16 AM   #2  

Default Welcom

Hi Carole,

Glad you found us. I liked the " in a nutshell" comment a lot. We affectionately call this place the nutty board

Yes it can be a challenge to find the right med. I think I am on my 4th med. It really rare I think to find the right med and the right dose the first time. I hope you have found the one that helps you.

I know all too well about that veil of apathy. I still argue with it every day. It tries to sneak back on weekends mostly.. brought on by sleep deprivation during the week. Don't you ever wish you could put the world on "pause"?

Anyway, welcome to 3fc and the boards. We have a daily thread that most of us post on every day, so you are welcome to join us there.
Old 02-19-2003, 01:12 PM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Carole,

I'm so glad you found us

Please come visit us on the daily boards. We are looking forward to knowing you.

Love, Leenie

Pssssssssst.....nut shell haaaaaaaaaaaaa !! we are a nutty bunch
Closed Thread