Featherweights - How badly do you want it (this time)?

BabyGotBack
01-05-2012, 02:51 PM
I don't always feel motivated to maintain a certain weight. It seems that I've fluctuated between 135 and 150 for the last 5 or 6 years, mostly staying toward 140. However, my ideal weight would be 125 as that was where I looked and felt my best. I often think that I don't attain my ideal weight because I just don't want it badly enough.

If you've also been one to fluctuate in your weight, how badly do you want it this time? Was there a catalyst that you feel makes this time different from any other times you've lost weight?

Just looking for a little inspiration! :)

Alexistrophic
01-05-2012, 04:15 PM
I can totally relate to this line of thinking. My lowest adult weight was 129 (for about 5 minutes) but it felt ah-MAZING. I tend to settle between 150-160, depending on my motivation over that period of time.

My 30th bday is coming up in October and I would lurve to be solidly (and maintainably) in the 130s (or lower) by then. That's just about 3 lbs a month (for a total of 30 lbs).

It's definitely the long-term, steady motivation that is the hardest.

crazygurl61
01-05-2012, 04:35 PM
Me too. My lowest as an adult was 123 for like 5 seconds. I think sometimes when you have less to loose it also takes more work, so you are less likely to be motivated. I don't know!

kwinkle
01-05-2012, 06:55 PM
I am so ready to get back down to 115. That is my ideal weight. It seems low, but it just works really well on my frame and my belly pooch goes away. I want it pretty badly, and it feels within reach because before I had my son I had reached 118. I know how to do it, and I know I CAN do it this time!

makemeskinnny
01-05-2012, 07:01 PM
i find it hard to keep the motivation but this time i know is different because i went to my dads side of the family for xmas and i was the only larger one there and it was really dis heartening so im determined for next xmas im gonna be a different person and im gonna shed the pounds. also helps when my own parents dont belive i can do it, almost as if they have no faith in me. i will do it. just stay focused and believe in yourself, anything is possible if you just believe :D

BabyGotBack
01-06-2012, 01:58 PM
I have no doubt that everyone here can achieve what they want to.

Makemeskinny: Your reply made me think of a Dateline special I saw about the power of negative motivation. The participants were photographed in swimsuits and told that, if they didn't lose weight over a certain period of time, the photos would be publicized. Wouldn't you know, everyone lost weight! Won't it be great to prove your parents wrong!

Healthhappy
01-06-2012, 02:11 PM
I just want to be healthy -- I'm tired of feeling sick and tired.

LisaTcan
01-06-2012, 10:23 PM
Hmm..I want it, but I'm not sure if I want it badly enough. I have to work out 6 days a week and eat a low-cal, clean diet to get below 130. I'm already in the middle of my healthy weight range and I've got a boyfriend and my life is pretty great...so I'm having a hard time finding the motivation. I also realized that no one even noticed the 15lbs I just this fall, maybe they would if I got to my goal though.

You guys can do it!!

banananutmuffin
01-09-2012, 12:34 PM
I want it. Badly.

I felt great at 104, decent at 108, and lousy once I hit the 112 mark. Just a few pounds difference, I know, but it means a lot on my short body (5'0").

This time, I want it so bad that I can taste it.

Petite Powerhouse
01-11-2012, 01:01 PM
At 38 I have never been overweight. I think that is why it's been so difficult for me to commit. I wanted to look a certain way, and I was happier when I managed to, but at 129 I was still thin and healthy from 20 years of weight training. So, I struggled for years to work toward my goal, and when I actually did get on track and got down to 112/113, I always gained it back right away.

This time I've been at 108 for more than a year. I'm committed because 1) I like the way I look best at this size and 2) I don't want to drop the weight again. But #2 is THE reason, of course, because, as I say, #1 never worked for me. This was the third time for me that I got close (though I dropped and gained five pounds over and over for years) and the first time that I actually made it to goal. This is it.

Alki
01-12-2012, 04:35 PM
I want it really bad this time. So very very very bad.

Always had issues with my looks, even when I was a 'skinny girl' @ 120. My friends always had boyfriends, and I was always the 3rd wheel...had plenty of guy friends. Just never got asked out on a date. So I just assumed I was 'the ugly friend'.

At work, I was always the 'odd woman out', the girls didn't like me, they'd backstab, call me names, throw me under the bus, and again I figured that I was 'the ugly girl'.

For the last year, I have managed to keep 15 pounds off. I'm guessing that was 'stress weight' from my last job. This time is different, this time I don't want people to see me and think 'that's the the ugly girl'. I want them to think 'hey, she looks like a really nice person' I want to get to know her.

I am so sick of people judging others based on their looks.