Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Monday 1/2/12

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Monday 1/2/12

wuv2bloved
01-02-2012, 02:00 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

JoLoMN
01-02-2012, 07:44 AM
Thanks Lisa for starting the daily thread!

Good Morning Ipeeps,

I'm getting together with the girls today for shopping, peds, lunch and friendship. Should be a great day! They are both very supportive of my new lifestyle and that takes any stress of remaining OP away.

I WI first thing this morning, and will update my progress later.

Remain strong,
Jo

Katied61
01-02-2012, 08:29 AM
Yeah I made it through day one and am very pumped to continue. Enjoying trying all the different foods.:carrot:

JoLoMN
01-02-2012, 08:35 AM
Good for you Katie! Hope these next couple of days go smoothly for you; after that, it's all about settling into the routine. Good Luck!

sekc14
01-02-2012, 09:09 AM
Sounds like a fun day, Jo! Must say, I'm so glad to have this group to check-in with otherwise, I'd drive my friends batty trying to converse on a subject they have no interest in, IP that is. Thanks to all for your support in 2011.

Lorilou
01-02-2012, 10:09 AM
Starting day 2 today. Went to bed hungry last night after having 6 packets. So far the food is okay and I look forward to trying some of the recipes. My coach recommended I keep it simple this week because my energy will be low. The big mac in a bowl and waffles sound good so I will make them in week two. I don't have a waffle maker so perhaps they will make good pancakes or something. I will get through this day and move on to day 3!

Pxlkitty4
01-02-2012, 10:52 AM
Hi everyone. I will set up a new challenge later today and start a new thread for it. It'll be for valentines day. Hang in there. This diet really does work. I'm only 2 lbs above my weight goal range and hit goal in September. I feel so much better than this time last year, and didn't make a resolution that involved losing weight for the first time in my life.

Pxlkitty4
01-02-2012, 10:54 AM
Starting day 2 today. Went to bed hungry last night after having 6 packets. So far the food is okay and I look forward to trying some of the recipes. My coach recommended I keep it simple this week because my energy will be low. The big mac in a bowl and waffles sound good so I will make them in week two. I don't have a waffle maker so perhaps they will make good pancakes or something. I will get through this day and move on to day 3!

Great attitude. Take it one day at a time. Make sure that you plenty of phase 1 vegetables around so that we can nibble if you need to. Your body will adjust and the hunger will go away. Sometimes my hunger went away if I had water and/or decaf tea at night.

Bellamack
01-02-2012, 11:07 AM
pkitty, YOu did a fantastic job on the program and you are a great inspiration to others!

Well, I just rambled on about a coffee creamer on another thread but I am going to repeat. I am not a "coffee" drinker but a good iced mocha is wonderful. So, I have been making a decaf German Chocolate Coffee and sticking it in the freezer while I shower and get ready in the morning. Then, I add a chocolate Muscle Milk lite or EAS and then 2T of the Peppermint Mocha Sugar-free creamer. I am telling you this is delicious, so run out and get it before it is gone. Hubby came home yesterday and said that he got the last one at Wal-Mart (all proud & happy) and I looked at it and said it is not Sugar -free. I will be on the hunt for it tomorrow. I had stocked the fridge with several after discovering how yummy it was, but everyone else loved it and I gave it away in the Christmas Spirit.

OK, just 1 pound away from my phase-off maintenance weight and ready to go downward to goal, lol. I have a slight headache today, but nothing like round 1 of IP. Good Luck to everyone and have a safe, healthy & happy New Year! Check in often :)

panda13
01-02-2012, 11:13 AM
Day 1 for me and my husband. Breakfast was all right - we split a serving of egg whites (well, about 4 egg whites and 1 whole egg) and a pure protein RTD frosty chocolate. We weren't too keen on the drink, but the eggs were yummy. Going to try the EAS RTD with lunch (celeriac fries and salad w/veggies).

Weighed myself last night - 193.5 pounds - which is MORE than what I weighed when I went into labor with my last child. So....my ultimate goal is to lose 50 pounds to make it down to 144, which would put me in a "normal" weight range for my height. Couldn't believe it when I looked at a BMI chart and realized I am now in the obese category! Time to make a change!

:)

Lakewood
01-02-2012, 11:28 AM
Hi All!

My 1st post, although I have been a lurker for a few weeks now. I started out doing Matol. While searching for Walden Farms, I found IP and this group. I have dropped 35 pounds and 24 inches since Sept 19th on Matol. I have tried some IP products and really like them - way more variety and no shipping! :D

The more I find out about IP, the more I like it! The coach I found is great. I am leaning the IP direction.

Heading over to my neighbor's for a little workout. Have a great day!

NavyMommy
01-02-2012, 11:34 AM
Good Morning!!

Wow, I was amazed at how much I missed this site and the support while I was out of town and didn't have access to the computer. I made the choice to wait to restart (most of you know I was having difficultly restarting at home anyways) until we got home from vacation, simply because when I do something I want to do it 100% and I didn't think I could follow through when we were guests in other people's homes for 3 weeks.

Had my cappuccino drink this morning, and am sipping on cup number 2 of coffee. Really looking forward to the energy boost from IP, because after getting in past midnight last night I need it!!

Welcome to all the newbies, and good luck to all on a wonderful 2012!!!

Yeah I made it through day one and am very pumped to continue. Enjoying trying all the different foods.:carrot:

Welcome!! Stick with it and you will see amazing results!:carrot:

Thanks Lisa for starting the daily thread!

Good Morning Ipeeps,

I'm getting together with the girls today for shopping, peds, lunch and friendship. Should be a great day! They are both very supportive of my new lifestyle and that takes any stress of remaining OP away.

I WI first thing this morning, and will update my progress later.

Remain strong,
Jo

What a fun day!! I need a pedi badly but told myself I wouldn't be getting one until the car is completely unpacked and everything has a home again. Maybe tomorrow. Hope you have a great lunch, and it's so wonderful that you have friends who are supportive of your journey!

Hi everyone. I will set up a new challenge later today and start a new thread for it. It'll be for valentines day. Hang in there. This diet really does work. I'm only 2 lbs above my weight goal range and hit goal in September. I feel so much better than this time last year, and didn't make a resolution that involved losing weight for the first time in my life.

What an awesome NSV!! I look forward to never again having to make a New Years resolution that involves my weight again.

Day 1 for me and my husband. Breakfast was all right - we split a serving of egg whites (well, about 4 egg whites and 1 whole egg) and a pure protein RTD frosty chocolate. We weren't too keen on the drink, but the eggs were yummy. Going to try the EAS RTD with lunch (celeriac fries and salad w/veggies).

Weighed myself last night - 193.5 pounds - which is MORE than what I weighed when I went into labor with my last child. So....my ultimate goal is to lose 50 pounds to make it down to 144, which would put me in a "normal" weight range for my height. Couldn't believe it when I looked at a BMI chart and realized I am now in the obese category! Time to make a change!

:)

I know how you feel. I had the same realization when I got on the scale and saw my weight. The sad thing is I was also in better shape before I gave birth to my second baby. That's awesome your hubby is on board too, mine is skinny as a rail so he doesn't really understand it. I wish you all the best and welcome!!

pandamoose
01-02-2012, 12:29 PM
My first day and I'm so excited! I have been reading a lot of the IP post here and am ready for the challenges.
I took so many vitamins this morning it was a meal in itself! Wuv2bloved, I love your motivation and enthusiasm! Good day all and I will be checking in often :)

wuv2bloved
01-02-2012, 12:36 PM

Thanks Pxl, I was going to try and figure it out and not bug you to make another one. I know how busy you are with other stuff so thanks :)

pkitty, YOu did a fantastic job on the program and you are a great inspiration to others!

Well, I just rambled on about a coffee creamer on another thread but I am going to repeat. I am not a "coffee" drinker but a good iced mocha is wonderful. So, I have been making a decaf German Chocolate Coffee and sticking it in the freezer while I shower and get ready in the morning. Then, I add a chocolate Muscle Milk lite or EAS and then 2T of the Peppermint Mocha Sugar-free creamer. I am telling you this is delicious, so run out and get it before it is gone. Hubby came home yesterday and said that he got the last one at Wal-Mart (all proud & happy) and I looked at it and said it is not Sugar -free. I will be on the hunt for it tomorrow. I had stocked the fridge with several after discovering how yummy it was, but everyone else loved it and I gave it away in the Christmas Spirit.

OK, just 1 pound away from my phase-off maintenance weight and ready to go downward to goal, lol. I have a slight headache today, but nothing like round 1 of IP. Good Luck to everyone and have a safe, healthy & happy New Year! Check in often :)

WOW Bella, ONLY 1lb away, that is awesome. I remember when you were having problems way back. So proud of you for sticking to it and getting to your goal.

Good morning and welcome to all of the newbies. This is a great site for information, recipes and TONS of support is out there, all you have to do is ask for it. SOMEONE will be on here to give it to you, I can promise you that. This program is very successful IF you stick to it with NO CHEATS!!...I for one along with many others are living proof of that. As of last Wednesday in 34 weeks, I've loss 115lbs and over 80 inches(From size 5x shirt now a 2x and pants were size 36 now size 22) Its a strict program but you just have to discipline yourself it CAN be done!! YOU are worth it and YOU can DO IT and WILL DO IT!!.....YOU GOT THIS....believe in yourself!!!!

1FineChick
01-02-2012, 12:44 PM
I'm on day 3 of IP. Have you guys experienced alot of gas in the beginning. I'm belching and pass gas alot. Also last night I would wake every two hours. Oh and yesterday (DAY 2) I was tried. I slept alot. Can you guys give me some insite on this?

On another note
i cheated yesterday and ate a hershey's mini choc. bar. I already beat myself up about it.

JellyMae87
01-02-2012, 12:47 PM
I'm on day 3 of IP. Have you guys experienced alot of gas in the beginning. I'm belching and pass gas alot. Also last night I would wake every two hours. Oh and yesterday (DAY 2) I was tried. I slept alot. Can you guys give me some insite on this?

I slept alot my first week. It was aweful!! I just remind myself of that if I ever feel Like Cheating!! Hang in there... I think that someone mentioned a while ago that they were burping alot... I am sure someone will chime in!!

wuv2bloved
01-02-2012, 12:47 PM
I'm on day 3 of IP. Have you guys experienced alot of gas in the beginning. I'm belching and pass gas alot. Also last night I would wake every two hours. Oh and yesterday DAY 2 I was tried sleep alot. Can you guys give me some insite on this?

Are you eating a lot of broccoli? that gives me a lot of gas. Your body is detoxing and not getting "fuel" like it used too so its getting used of the cut back you are making. Give it a week, you will have your energy back plus some extra :) Where in La are you from? it does at first mess with your sleeping but it does get better. OH and also don't freak out if you start having VERY vivid dreams about food! it happens .....its crazy how your body reacts to change. But it does get better I promise

JellyMae87
01-02-2012, 12:50 PM
Are you eating a lot of broccoli? that gives me a lot of gas. Your body is detoxing and not getting "fuel" like it used too so its getting used of the cut back you are making. Give it a week, you will have your energy back plus some extra :) Where in La are you from? it does at first mess with your sleeping but it does get better. OH and also don't freak out if you start having VERY vivid dreams about food! it happens .....its crazy how your body reacts to change. But it does get better I promise

I still to this day still have dreams about food. Just the other night It was about Pizza... That and peanut butter is the most things I miss!!

Pxlkitty4
01-02-2012, 12:50 PM
It's up and running.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/249552-challenge-january-february-2012-a.html#post4152888

MJKinMN
01-02-2012, 01:03 PM
Hey all! I am a "starting again" IPer who lost 17 lbs in 6 weeks this past summer. My husband and I relocated last fall, and fall ran into winter, and winter ran into the holidays...well it is now time to get back on that horse. Although I maintained my weight loss up until December, I indulged in the holidays and found a 6 lb gain this morning. I am excited to restart my weight loss and healthy lifestyle and am looking forward to rejoining the journey with all of you!

JellyMae87
01-02-2012, 01:05 PM
Hey all! I am a "starting again" IPer who lost 17 lbs in 6 weeks this past summer. My husband and I relocated last fall, and fall ran into winter, and winter ran into the holidays...well it is now time to get back on that horse. Although I maintained my weight loss up until December, I indulged in the holidays and found a 6 lb gain this morning. I am excited to restart my weight loss and healthy lifestyle and am looking forward to rejoining the journey with all of you!

Well Welcome back... Glad to have you on Board!! Hang in there. And dont forget to put your name on the challenge!!

1FineChick
01-02-2012, 01:33 PM

No not eating alot of broccoli. I'm in Houma, LA a small town about 45min from New Orleans. thanks for the responses. Oh I forgot to add that I cheated yesterday. My kids were eating mini hershey's choclate bars and I caved and ate one. I know I know and I've already beat myself up about it.

wuv2bloved
01-02-2012, 01:36 PM
No not eating alot of broccoli. I'm in Houma, LA a small town about 45min from New Orleans. thanks for the responses. Oh I forgot to add that I cheated yesterday. My kids were eating mini hershey's choclate bars and I caved and ate one. I know I know and I've already beat myself up about it.

Oh don't beat yourself up but you will have to learn to control it. YOU are the ONLY person who can stop eating or Cheating. YOU bring your hand to your mouth NO ONE ELSE DOES. You will have to learn to talk yourself OUT OF IT. :) I am in Gulfport Ms. There are a few of us on here that are in Ms and La more in La though in your area too probably. Its good to have someone close to you and maybe go to the same clinic. What veggies are you eating? a lot of once in particular?

sarahmayhem
01-02-2012, 01:57 PM

Don't beat yourself up too much. 1) it's done and over and you've acknowledged it and 2) it could have been worse. my prediction is you won't even notice a change with the 1 bar. ...and that guilt you feel? hopefully it will make it so you don't do it again haha!

...i just wanted to check in. my whole week was great - my scale even showed about a 6lb loss this week. but of course, new years got the best of me. i had a small glass of champagne for the toast. ...and then i had 2 birthday parties yesterday (where i ate a sliver of cake.) sweets are my downfall and it's so freaking hard for me to say no.

i've drank about 70oz of water already today, in hopes to flush everything out before my weigh in tomorrow. here's to hoping i see a 5lb loss (which will put me in the 180s, which is what my coach and i were aiming for!)

have a great day everyone!

lindac36
01-02-2012, 02:01 PM
Good Morning All! I a m getting ready to go in for my first weigh/measure. I am excited and nervous, nervous to actually see the numbers in writing. We will see this through together.
Hey, I was wondering about the Valentines Day Challenge..how does that work and what do I do to start? Thanks

4kiddos
01-02-2012, 02:03 PM

On another note
i cheated yesterday and ate a hershey's mini choc. bar. I already beat myself up about it.

Everytime you cheat you are potentially stalling your ketosis. Trust me it gets easier. If you are 100% OP then you will be able to get through the initial days. 4-5 days in you will have less of a hunger. There is a great forum about cheating. I don't remember where it is but I am sure someone else will post it for you. Like any other diet you have to be committed. If you are ready to change your life then you can do it! You are worth it!!!!:hug:

lindac36
01-02-2012, 02:05 PM
Oh, and how do I find out about the info on the left side of the page? I would like to do an avatar and do a location, start date and s/c/g as well as a running ticker. I am not really computer literate, so any help would be appreciated. This site is so big, but, I bet there is a short cut or a link to what I am looking for.

JellyMae87
01-02-2012, 02:07 PM
Oh, and how do I find out about the info on the left side of the page? I would like to do an avatar and do a location, start date and s/c/g as well as a running ticker. I am not really computer literate, so any help would be appreciated. This site is so big, but, I bet there is a short cut or a link to what I am looking for.

Its located under the "user CP" tab

4kiddos
01-02-2012, 02:08 PM
WI #3 today. Down 2 pounds and another 4.25 inches. Yahoo! I am thrilled that after 3 weeks I have made such a difference. I feel better, look better and want to be better! So thankful for this site and and all my fellow "chicks" to keep me going! :) This week was a struggle for me. Not craving food just wanting to fall back into old routines. Like eating cake at a birthday party. But I held strong. I just looked at my salad like "really again." I remembered a post I had read in the forum "What You Wish Your Coach Had Told You" and it mentioned week 3 being a little rough. So I moved past it and kept telling myself, You can do this! I am wearing pants I haven't been able to wear in 3 years (prior to 2 c Sections). I know that if I feel this good in 3 weeks then I will feel even better in 3 more and 3 more after that! That is my motivation! So to everyone who just started, Hang in there! To all the rest, Great job!

JellyMae87
01-02-2012, 02:10 PM
WI #3 today. Down 2 pounds and another 4.25 inches. Yahoo! I am thrilled that after 3 weeks I have made such a difference. I feel better, look better and want to be better! So thankful for this site and and all my fellow "chicks" to keep me going! :) This week was a struggle for me. Not craving food just wanting to fall back into old routines. Like eating cake at a birthday party. But I held strong. I just looked at my salad like "really again." I remembered a post I had read in the forum "What You Wish Your Coach Had Told You" and it mentioned week 3 being a little rough. So I moved past it and kept telling myself, You can do this! I am wearing pants I haven't been able to wear in 3 years (prior to 2 c Sections). I know that if I feel this good in 3 weeks then I will feel even better in 3 more and 3 more after that! That is my motivation! So to everyone who just started, Hang in there! To all the rest, Great job!

Exactly!! Keep it UP!

wuv2bloved
01-02-2012, 02:15 PM
Good Morning All! I a m getting ready to go in for my first weigh/measure. I am excited and nervous, nervous to actually see the numbers in writing. We will see this through together.
Hey, I was wondering about the Valentines Day Challenge..how does that work and what do I do to start? Thanks

Just click the link on the challenge it will open up a spreadsheet, fill in your name Starting weight and what your goal is. Every week after go back to the spreadsheet and post your losses, it will keep a running total for you and you will also be able to see everyone else's losses as well.

Like Jelly said its under the User CP tab but you can't have a ticker until you are member of the site for 20 days with 20 post THEN you get your ticker!

DanafromAustin
01-02-2012, 02:51 PM
Busy board today with lots of new people. I'm very excited for all of you who are new to IP and for those who are back to finish what they started. This really is the best and last diet you will ever be on.

Busy house today with everyone still home (back to work tomorrow for at least my husband) and some of my kid's friends over too. They are all happy just hanging out so I think I will get out today for some me time and enjoy the sunshine.

Last night my husband was so sweet. He turned to me out of the blue and said, "I am so proud of you for sticking with this. I can really tell now how much you have lost." I've been married to this man now for 27 years and he has seen me loose and gain on many diets, but never so dedicated as I am to IP. He knows this time I mean business as I've never cheated and I'm not stopping till I'm done and then maintenance for life.

Have a good Monday everyone...:)

JellyMae87
01-02-2012, 03:54 PM
Awww. Man. After such a booming morning on the boards... they are completely DEAD now... What happened!! LOL

newmom7611
01-02-2012, 04:11 PM
Dana-- that is so awesome!! My fiancÚ has said things like that a few timed and it just makes me that more motivated!
As for everyone else, welcome to the new members.. I'm fairly new as well.. About 7 weeks in and 20 lbs and 15 inches down :) staying OP is so worth it.. Get creative with your dishes.. the recipe board saved me!! Check it out and good luck. I'll be looking forward to seeing you all succeed

SewingMomma
01-02-2012, 04:22 PM
Went for my WI this morning. The clinic was shorted-handed and full of people w/o appointments who were demanding to get started and to see a coach TODAY. One woman simply could not wait until tomorrow because she might change her mind. I waited for 20 min. And just rescheduled for tomorrow. The receptionist was frazzled, and I felt sorry for her. To be quite honest, TOM started today, and I know I'm retaining water.

Welcome to all of the new folks!

JellyMae87
01-02-2012, 04:23 PM
Went for my WI this morning. The clinic was shorted-handed and full of people w/o appointments who were demanding to get started and to see a coach TODAY. One woman simply could not wait until tomorrow because she might change her mind. I waited for 20 min. And just rescheduled for tomorrow. The receptionist was frazzled, and I felt sorry for her. To be quite honest, TOM started today, and I know I'm retaining water.

Welcome to all of the new folks!

Thats just too bad... I hate when patients act like that... But sometimes you get used to it... but in the same....

wuv2bloved
01-02-2012, 04:25 PM
I am going to share something that one of the Ideal Protein Clinics shared on Facebook.

Ideal Weight Loss, LLC
HINTS & TIPS FOR DRINKS & PUDDINGS: What if you choose a drink mix or a pudding and decide you don't like the taste? Try these hints and you might be surprised to find that you fall in love with the taste again!

Before starting, though... I highly recommend that everyone on the Ideal Protein invest in a Blender. Both the shakes and the puddings benefit mixing in a blender...especially when adding ice and making Frappucinos... but also for a smooth, even distribution of the powder/protein.

Many of these hints have been scattered throughout other posts, but its always a helpful reminder to refresh and inspire.

1. Flavor Extracts: Add 1 tsp of extract such as peppermint, almond, rum, vanilla, or a variety of the Torani/ Da Vinci Sugar-Free syrups. Sometimes a splash of flavor can transform something just ok into something you crave.

For example, I didnt like the Strawberry Pudding taste, so I added 1/2 tsp (1 capful) of Arrack extract + 1/2 package sweetener + ice to make it into a delicious marsipan candy flavored milkshake.

Other dieters say that the huge variety of Sugar-Free syrups are life-savers... the black cherry, coconut, hazelnut, pumpkin and Kalua seem to be big winners. (Note that most are carb-free, but a couple have a few carbs in them (Peanut Butter for example.) So read the labels and use in moderation. The tiny amount used for drinks wont affect you, but if you pour on pancakes, you need to check.)

Also note that some coaches discourage using extracts because of the alcohol content used. Since you only use 1/2 tsp (1 capful), I didnt find any negative effects and continue to use extracts for one of my meals per day. However, feel free to use the SweetLeaf drops or sugarfree/carbfree/fatfree syrups instead if you are worried.

2. Sweetener (Splenda/ Truvia/ etc): For the puddings, I often make them into shakes (using up to 2 cups of ice cold water + ice) but find that I need to add the sweetener (allowance from morning coffee) to help perk up the flavor. This was especially important at the beginning of the diet when I was weaning myself off mega-carbs and sugar. The extra water also helps to balance the flavors as well as increasing your portion. I use a blender.

3. Mix & Match: When making the fruit flavored shakes alone in a blender, they foam like crazy. (I like this for evening so I feel fuller). But if you arent crazy about the foam, but still want a smoothie texture, in a sealable container, mix 1 packet of the fruit flavor (Orange/ Pineapple Banana/ Peach Mango) and 1 packet of vanilla pudding. Pour half into the blender and add water, saving the rest for another meal. The vanilla pudding makes it thicker and gives a subtle body to the fruit flavors so the stark orange tranforms into a Creamy Dreamsicle.

4. Spices: Cinnamon is fantastic for your body and also turns a plain drink into something special. Apple Pie or Pumpkin Pie spice gives almost any drink a warm Autumn flavor (The Butterscotch Pudding is one of my favourite versatile mixes that goes well with many things). Cardamom (crushed) gives a sweet, nutty exotic flavor. Chili...especially good Indian Chili Powder...gives a great kick... especially to cinnamon chili chocolate shake.

5. Replace your water with herbal tea or coffee. I love using Celestial Seasonings' BENGAL SPICE (cinnamon, cardemom) in place of water for amazing Frappaccinos. The other day I used an herbal Lemon & Ginger Tea with Vanilla IP Pudding and 1 TB of poppy seeds + 1 packet of sweetener for a beautifully subtle lemon poppy seed Frappacino (I think the lemon pudding would have been too strong.)

6. Try it Hot: The chocolate drink warms up gorgeously for a rich cocoa. Friends say that adding hot coffee to the cappucino drink is also lovely. (Or making the vanilla pudding with cold water, then adding it to hot coffee for a dreamy, creamy vanilla Latte.)

7. Straws: If you still have a hard time with the tastes, straws help.

8. Or if you just hate something, there are usually many other alternatives. The raspberry Jelly tastes like real Jell-o (and is great for your skin and nails.) You can mix the raspberry jelly with the puddings (for 2 separate servings) if you dont like the puddings by themselves.

9. Herbs: Surprisingly, adding handfuls of fresh basil to the lemon pudding or fresh mint to the chocolate or vanilla puddings (along with 1/2 -1 packet sweetener) give them an entirely different taste.

10. Portions: I will almost always increase the amount of water from 8 oz to 16 oz (about 2 cups) when making drinks (or often making drinks out of puddings). You dont lose the flavor and you get so much more to enjoy without guilt. The vanilla pudding is especially successful making a pudding into a drink because it is a bit thicker. A mentioned earlier, the butterscotch pudding is also a favourite because of how many different things I can do with it.

The Ideal Protein diet actually has an enormous range of delicious possibilities... it just might take a little time to find your groove.
This diet really DOES work...and FAST... and there are many choices of foods to eat (There are already over 70 recipes on just this page!) so it is well worth digging a little for ideas on how to make it work for you and finding flavours you love.

SewingMomma
01-02-2012, 04:31 PM
Thats just too bad... I hate when patients act like that... But sometimes you get used to it... but in the same....

I really felt bad for the receptionist. On a positive note, i did pick up my food. I ordered the RTD chocolate shake...so good!

Ishbel
01-02-2012, 04:32 PM
Hey Hey Everyone,

<WHEW> it's over...I did SO much travelling, it's SO annoying on this diet lol I just wanted to stay home for the holidays but I went to Calgary for Christmas, came home and headed back to Alberta for New Years...yadda yadda yadda! Good to be home, inside decorations are down and I'm just happy to start a regular routine tomorrow.

I stayed OP the entire time, I just had to take a crap load of food with me everywhere I went HAHAHA....I've been reading this "suicide by sugar" book. Some of it I'll take away with me some of it I will keep but it's definately a good read. It was perfect to help me get through the amount of sweets that my extended family 'consumed' throughout the holidays.

I had a GREAT 2011, I was spoiled by the VIP and I'm looking forward to what 2012 brings me. :D!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day, welcome to the newbies! :)

4kiddos
01-02-2012, 04:38 PM
Is taco seasoning allowed? The family is having tacos tonight and I thought maybe I would use my meat with taco seasoning over cauliflower "rice". What's your opinion? Thanks!

Linden
01-02-2012, 04:47 PM
Last night my husband was so sweet. He turned to me out of the blue and said, "I am so proud of you for sticking with this. I can really tell now how much you have lost." I've been married to this man now for 27 years and he has seen me loose and gain on many diets, but never so dedicated as I am to IP.

Nice. Nice words; nice person. :)

wuv2bloved
01-02-2012, 04:47 PM
Is taco seasoning allowed? The family is having tacos tonight and I thought maybe I would use my meat with taco seasoning over cauliflower "rice". What's your opinion? Thanks!

I have used it before to season my ground meat for a "taco" salad :)

4kiddos
01-02-2012, 05:11 PM

Thanks Lisa! Sounds like a plan. :)
~aimee

panda13
01-02-2012, 05:34 PM
2. Sweetener (Splenda/ Truvia/ etc): For the puddings, I often make them into shakes (using up to 2 cups of ice cold water + ice) but find that I need to add the sweetener (allowance from morning coffee) to help perk up the flavor. This was especially important at the beginning of the diet when I was weaning myself off mega-carbs and sugar. The extra water also helps to balance the flavors as well as increasing your portion. I use a blender.

So...are we only allowed one sweetener (1 packet?) per day? Just curious...because I had tea this morning, then just had a decaf coffee (I'm very hungry - day 1 for me), and both I used 1 packet of sweetener.

TracyAWC
01-02-2012, 05:35 PM
I like to make my own taco seasoning (some of the premade stuff had extra stuff in them I didn't like). I've been using this recipe (altho I don't add the red pepper flakes or that much black pepper -

1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper

I use 1-2 tsp of this in my ground beef or chix - yummy

DanafromAustin
01-02-2012, 05:36 PM
Dana-- that is so awesome!! My fiancÚ has said things like that a few timed and it just makes me that more motivated!

Nice. Nice words; nice person. :)

Thank you. He is definitely a keeper.

wuv2bloved
01-02-2012, 05:38 PM
So...are we only allowed one sweetener (1 packet?) per day? Just curious...because I had tea this morning, then just had a decaf coffee (I'm very hungry - day 1 for me), and both I used 1 packet of sweetener.

it is recommended (i read) to try not to have more than 3 packets of splenda a day. I have my teas without sweetner, I get the flavored herbal teas right now I am having peppermint tea as I am typing. No need for sweetner since its flavored :)

4kiddos
01-02-2012, 06:12 PM
I like to make my own taco seasoning (some of the premade stuff had extra stuff in them I didn't like). I've been using this recipe (altho I don't add the red pepper flakes or that much black pepper -

1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper

I use 1-2 tsp of this in my ground beef or chix - yummy

Thanks Tracy! ;)

JellyMae87
01-02-2012, 06:35 PM

I have also used taco seasoning many times... I just mix my "salad" on spiniach!!

lkp888
01-02-2012, 08:06 PM
Hi everyone!! Just wanted to welcome all the Newbies and wish everyone a Happy New Year! I don't often chat, but I read posts everyday and it gets me through the day and everyone's words inspires me. The IP diet is the best diet I have ever tried, can't wait to be on this journey with everyone here, let everyone have a skinner 2012!!! :)

JoLoMN
01-02-2012, 10:56 PM
Good Evening,

At my WI this morning I was down 1.4 - a great surprise on Phase 3!

Had a wonderful day with my girlfriends. The peds were really relaxing and I found a bathing suite for Hawaii next month.

Ok, so has this happened to anyone? I started to look at the bathing suits and my heart just started racing! I think I was so afraid of physically trying one on and fearful that I wouldn't find one. Well, my very supportive friend assured me that the suit I found (one with lots of spandex) would look fine and be comfortable - and that I didn't plan on playing beach volleyball after all - just lounging for heaven's sake! LOL

mrsmurphy
01-02-2012, 11:08 PM
Hey everyone,

I just finished my first day! I am using alternative products but following the diet. I was so surprised today I was not hungry. However, my husband (who is not overweight) had a pizza today, it made me so mad that he can eat that stuff and i can't. I dont know I was mad at him. But, i can't deprive him of food just because i'm overweight. Anyways, It was so tempting. I picked up the piece of pepperoni pizza and i literally had to talk myself out of taking a bite. I put it back and ate a dill pickle.

I am really really hungry right now. I think my best bet is just to go to bed. I am really proud of myself for not taking a bite of pizza today. It is hard for me to not feed into the temptations. ugh...

lboogs311
01-02-2012, 11:14 PM
great job talking yourself out of it mrsmurphy!!! keep up the great work!!!

Giniwarrior
01-02-2012, 11:30 PM
Thanks Junetwin11 and ShellyAnn for your response. The article was interesting Shelly Ann. I know that fat holds hormones and toxins so that does affect us too. Its an interesting concept to contenplate.

lkp888
01-02-2012, 11:44 PM
:hug:Hey everyone,

I just finished my first day! I am using alternative products but following the diet. I was so surprised today I was not hungry. However, my husband (who is not overweight) had a pizza today, it made me so mad that he can eat that stuff and i can't. I dont know I was mad at him. But, i can't deprive him of food just because i'm overweight. Anyways, It was so tempting. I picked up the piece of pepperoni pizza and i literally had to talk myself out of taking a bite. I put it back and ate a dill pickle.

I am really really hungry right now. I think my best bet is just to go to bed. I am really proud of myself for not taking a bite of pizza today. It is hard for me to not feed into the temptations. ugh...

The first week is the hardest I found, everyone eating all the foods that you once could eat, but great job on NOT taking that bite of Pizza, and resisiting the Temptation! It will get easier and you will get stronger. And you should be PROUD of yourself! If your hungry drink more water or have a cup of tea or find something to do that will take your mind off of eating. I like reading all the forums on 3FC, it has helped me alot as well. :hug:

Fizzyizzy
01-03-2012, 12:55 AM
Welcome to all of the new people! Stick to the diet with NO CHEATS and you'll have great success. They'll be ups and downs, but overall it will be WORTH IT.

Lisa's post on doctoring the puddings and drinks was great; I use a lot of those techniques. My #1 recommendation, however, would be to drink the chocolate drink, vanilla pudding, and cappuccino hot. All of the others I drink cold. AND I usually add some spices to them and they're pretty good!

Had my WI today and weighed 132- feeling great! My body fat is now at 23.5, and I am going to go another 10 days on phase 1 and then transition to phase 2. I'm excited and nervous to make the change.

Good luck starting the week OP everyone!