South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 06:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tuesday SBD Chat 12/27

Good morning! I slept like a rock and am finally feeling rested and refreshed. Of course, coffee helps, too.

I had a nice day with the girls yesterday. We experimented with Audrey's Disgusting Science Kit and made some truly disgusting stuff, and played countless rounds of Scrabble and Jenga. I did have the girls help me put all their presents away and try on all their new outfits, so it wasn't all play and no work.

Today I want to tidy up the house while the girls are Fox Hunting with Cindy, then they have piano lessons and gymnastics, so we have a full day ahead.

Eating has pretty much been on-plan, and I'm feeling pretty good about that.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Wow, Cottage...sounds like a fun day! Great job eating on plan!

I have such a hard time getting on here in the morning. Do you think it's an evil plot against me!? LOL!!!

I ate really well yesterday, but will admit I had a slice of pumpkin cheesecake last night. I did realize that I was WAY below calories for the day...and you can't waste a good cheesecake, can you? Hopefully, I can find some friends to come over and finish it off!

Back to work. Blah. It's been slow, because of the holidays. Need to drop the kids off at day care, and a chiro appt over lunch (I'm not sure he's helping me much this time, but I'll keep trying). I need to get back on the exercise wagon, but I'm trying to let my hamsting heal after almost 6 months of this.

I'm debating if I should do something for New Years....friends over for games on NY day? Whaddaya think?
Old 12-27-2011, 07:03 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Same plan for today, probably with lots more tests for DW because everyone will be back from the holiday weekend.

Cottage - that kit sounds like fun. I might check it out for my niece.

Twynn- I've been planning a pumpkin cheesecake when Julie comes home. Hey, its a soft food

Time to get moving
Old 12-27-2011, 07:14 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Mmmmmmmm, pumpkin cheesecake! That would surely tempt me to go off-plan!

How's Julie doing, Cyndi?
Old 12-27-2011, 07:25 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Julie's facebook update yesterday:
"So on the plus side, I can actually speak today, form complete sentences and articulate words. It's not long-lived but it's far better than it's been in a week. I'm hoping that this is the direction that the swallowing will follow tomorrow."

I haven't had any emails from her since I left at 6:30 last night. hoping that means she got lots of sleep.

In South Beach news - how is it that I've never thought of roasting cabbage? I had a chunk to use up and roasted it last night. It was sooo good and I don't think that's just because it's the first home cooked food I've had in two weeks. I will definitely do that again
Old 12-27-2011, 07:56 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Third Day of Christmas.

Cottage, your yesterday sounds like fun. I wish I could have been there. Today sounds busy but you seem to be recovering from your busy time. Good work on the food.

Twynn, of course you have trouble getting in here first thing - you have kids, remember? I didn't realize the hamstring problem had gone on so long. I hope the chiro fixes it soon as I know how you enjoy exercise.

CyndiM, sure hope some good news arrives for you and Julie today. What an ordeal she's gone through! Yes, to pumpkin cheesecake and I may try roasting cabbage today. I love roasted sprouts and they are the same veggie family.

Yesterday was delightfully peaceful although I was on the phone half the day. The dogs and I relaxed, had a nap and did just odds and ends of post party tidying. I didn't even go outside although they did. Most people were snowed in so there were no drop-ins. I guess they didn't want to shovel my lane to get to the side door. Richard will plough me out this morning.

I sure hope the ploughing happens as I am supposed to visit the nursing home this afternoon. Laundry and a bit of sewing is on the morning agenda.

Happy Tuesday.
Old 12-27-2011, 08:33 AM   #7  
Chrisinct

S/C/G: 224/165/150

Height: 5'4

Just have time for a quick hello this morning.

I am off to the bank, post office and pharmacy to refill a prescription. We're supposed to have a dry morning here but then the rain comes in this afternoon, so I'd rather get my errands done staying dry.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 12-27-2011, 08:52 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

I am so glad that the holiday parties and visitors have ended for me!! Today I am once again a South Beacher. Oh, how I did lapse And I feel horrible which never ceases to amaze me. I am looking forward to routine and clean eating. Hopefully cardio can follow again in a week or two or three. I need to restock the kitchen and figure out how to get my husband on board to graciously decline all New Year's Eve parties. Enough already!! Yes, I'm Scrooge. Unfortunately with my boys and husband I can't purge the crappy food from the house, so am hoping they eat it all fast!

I guess I have a lot of catching up to do on here!
Old 12-27-2011, 03:08 PM   #9  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

quick pop-in for me too! waiting on a call back from the doctor - I am at the point where I am going to beg for codeine despite being allergic to it!

Hope all are doing well!
Old 12-27-2011, 04:59 PM   #10  

Height: 5'8"

Hey all,
Sorry I haven't checked in the last couple of days. I forgot how depressing I find Christmas (and how ungrateful I feel for feeling that way). Today my son attended a little mini camp and I took down all my Christmas decorations happily. I also returned a pair of earrings to Macy's that my MIL gave me for Xmas. I'm going to exchange them for something else, but I did not have time today to pick anything out.

I have been so off plan this month I am terrified to get on the scale, but I do plan to do a very strict Phase 1 starting on January 2. That means I have to shop and plan, but no worries about that. I'll have time to do food prep that weekend before. Hope everyone is doing great today~
Old 12-27-2011, 06:41 PM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi!

Checking in...internet is pretty sporadic these days. Lots of family stuff. I worked today and am waiting for the call as to what we're going to do this eve.

See ya'll tomorrow!
Closed Thread