Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 12-17-2011, 04:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 140/135/115

Height: 5'3

Default Needed! Cardio routines at Gym

This is my current exercise routine:
Mon/Wed- 3 mile run outside
Tues/Thurs- body pump class at gym (weight lifting and toning)
Friday- Free Day
Saturday- extended cardio day either running outside or in gym on machine
Sunday- body pump class at gym

I would like to know what other people are doing for their exercise routines while trying to lose weight. I feel like mine should include more cardio. Also, When using the machines at the gym should i use the stair stepper or the elliptical trainer?

I am advanced when it comes to exercise...I just finished my first full marathon, I am just curious as to what is working for everyone else.
lzbarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 05:13 PM   #2  

I exercise six days a week. I aim for at least 1 hour a day, but sometimes I do more than that. I have a homemade tread-desk that I am usually on 2 hours (6 miles) per day when I'm busy (now, I'm not busy, so I've been on it 2 hours, 2-3 times this week). On the other days, I sometimes take a class at the gym (circuit training type of class). On other days, I create my own routine. For example, I might run on the treadmill for 10 minutes, do the stationary bike for 10 min., do the stair climber for 10 (it's that machine that has rotating stairs---it's hard!), and do the elliptical for 10. Then, I'll do a circuit of weights in which I'm doing each exercise for a minute. I rotate that until I reach 20 minutes.

Last edited by lin43; 12-17-2011 at 05:13 PM.
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 06:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'7"

I also circle between the treadmill and two different kinds of ellipticals in the gym. Like 10 minutes weights, 10 minutes treadmill, 10 minutes weights, 10 minutes elliptical, etc. Then the next week 14 minutes or whatever. I do this 3x a week for an hour so I really only get 3 30 minute sessions of cardio a week plus whatever running I do outside.
JessLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 08:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 307/see ticker/169

Height: 5'7"

I'm kinda new at this whole exercising thing (i've only been exercising consistently since october) but I usually stick with the treadmill for about 35-45 mins and I make sure I hold my max heart rate for a few minutes at a time, then lower it for a few then push it back up. For me, this means hitting 165-170 for a few mins, then 140-145 for a few then back up. I also do inclines...Im working my way up to the elliptical (i can only last 5 mins or so now, but i couldnt use it at all in october, so i guess that means i'm making progress) and the arc trainer...even though I didnt start this thread, I'm looking forward to my workout tomorrow so I can try some the methods you guys use...thanks for the advice (that i needed, but didnt ask for lol)
I guess I should up my exercise to an hour or more. I've kinda stalled in the weight loss arena and I don't want to lower my cals, so extending my exercise is the next logical step.
Thanks lzbarbie for asking and thanks for all the replies!
mystyblue85 is offline   Reply With Quote