General chatter - Anyone else lose their boobs? :(

View Full Version : Anyone else lose their boobs? :(

OnceUponADrive
12-11-2011, 07:09 PM
I never had very a big chest to begin with. I was a B cup. After losing 30 pounds, I am officially an A cup. So depressing. :(

Misti in Seattle
12-11-2011, 07:35 PM
Hey, please don't feel bad... a friend and I who also is "stuck" with "mega boobs" were just sharing recently how thrilled we would be with size-A's! You just can't imagine how miserable it is having great big ones. :) So even though I know that you are disappointed at having them "disappear" -- hey, be thankful!!! :)

I wish I could give you mine! :) :)

sacha
12-11-2011, 07:57 PM
I am also a member of the A team (AA, really) however that was fat, thin, and 9 months pregnant (yeesh, couldn't even get a break then).

I married an *** man (can I say that here? lol) so I just make sure to do my heavy squats & deadlifts. I have never had a problem finding a guy :)

*oh I can't... a booty man :)

princessgina00
12-11-2011, 08:01 PM
Sorry, I can't relate. I've always had very large boobs and weight loss has not changed that fact (over 100 pounds lost, I --> G cup). Personally, I have always loved my large boobs (a good, supportive bra does wonders, which I believe is what others are lacking). And, I hope you grow to love your less endowed chest. At least you can go braless without the risk of knocking yourself out (I assume). :D

Misti in Seattle
12-11-2011, 08:17 PM
You LIKE them? LOL I can't imagine but I am happy for you. And yes, of course a supportive bra helps, but for me it is not enough... I want them GONE. :) Fortunately I do lose weight there first, so it is a big incentive for me to get with it and lose weight. :)

sontaikle
12-11-2011, 08:21 PM
I never had super big boobs or anything (D cup, pre-weight loss) but they've gone down with my band. Right now I'm a 32D or 32DD...I still need to try both of those on and find the best one. Unfortunately those aren't sizes where you can just walk into Target and get really cheap :/

That's what I miss. I was a 40D before...I could just go to Target or Walmart and get a cheap bra if I needed.

kat618
12-11-2011, 08:23 PM
I feel as you do, so frustrated that my nice boobies are gone. I was a nice full C cup and honestly my breast were one of my favorite parts of my body. I have always been pear shaped so large thighs and bum, but my breast to me were perfect.....well so long, they are gone. I am actually below my goal weight which is wonderful, my thighs and bum are smaller than they have ever been but I do not feel feminine anymore with my flater chest. Thank god for awesome padded bras, at with a padded bra I look in portion with the lower half but honestly when I have to take it off it makes me soooo sad to see they are so little now. Spend money on a good padded bra to at least feel good about your self in clothes.

indiblue
12-11-2011, 10:52 PM
Similar to kat! I used to love my boobs- they were nicely shaped and one of my favorite parts of my body. I only lost 12 lbs, but probably 2-3 of those came from my chest! I went from a 34 C to a 32 B. That's when I learned I'm not hourglass-shaped but actually a pear :)

aware210
12-11-2011, 11:08 PM
I pray i dont lose my boobs =(. i love my boobs, my husband loves my boobs. My boobs need to stay put lol! So far with 45 lbs gone i've gone from a d to a full c, and a 36- 34, so hopefully i wont experience to much more "shrinkage".

shcirerf
12-11-2011, 11:32 PM
While understand, wanting something to put in your shirt, and showing off a bit of cleavage, large breasts, are not what they are cracked up to be.

Once upon a time I had none, then I hit puberty and went from flat to a 34D over the summer. I grew up on a large combination farm/ranch. Lots of horseback work chasing cows, changing irrigation pipe etc. The worst was, the old barbed wire gates, I used to get blood blisters, in the armpit area on my boobie from squeezing to get the gate to shut.

Then, the competition of showing horses, bounce, bounce, bounce! Tough to win a horsemanship or pleasure class with the girls all over the place. It's a wonder I didn't have black eyes! Then lets barrel race and pole bend and tie goats.

And then have kids and nurse! You don't even want to know about that.

At my highest weight, I was a 42 DD, now a 38DD. *deep sigh*.

They still get in my way with my job, working for a veterinarian. I know one of these days, some dog is going to jump and I'm gonna get a rabies vaccination! Right in my left girl.

Bras that fit properly are hard to find. And expensive. Then try to find one that fits properly, and is somewhat sexy, get out your pocket book.

I would gladly donate to those with less!

I

Misti in Seattle
12-12-2011, 09:21 AM
Yeah... what shcirerf said! And it gets worse... I would be thrilled to fit into a D cup :) They are NOT fun to live with

InsideMe
12-12-2011, 09:38 AM
I have lost a lot in my chest but the fat is what kept them full, now they are deflated baloons and look horrible and they are still a double D :(

They are shrinking away....but the perkiness is going too :(

stimkovs
12-12-2011, 10:00 AM
i went from a 40E to my 36DD's are getting a little too big. I'm up in Ottawa so there's no Victoria's Secret here, but I'll be visiting my parents in Toronto over christmas- lets talk about how I'm planning to spend like, 300 bucks on new proper bras/underwear.

I'm about 20 lbs from goal, and I really doubt my boobs will go past a 34 DD.

BUT I want new boobies, REAAALLLL bad.

Like, I went out this weekend, and had a great cleavage dress- I had to wear a push up bra!! I've never actually NEEDED to utilize my pushup bra before!! :O

kimicat76
12-12-2011, 02:46 PM
im a 36D now. started at 42DD 50 lbs ago. i would much rather have smaller perky ones then my tig ol bitty saggy ones LOL

treowth
12-12-2011, 03:03 PM
I've only just started on my weight loss journey - and through a combination of weight loss and exercise (which I thought would help) my boobs are starting to look rather sad. I think I am going to have to use bulldog clips to keep things in place!!!

ArtyKay
12-12-2011, 04:31 PM
I started with a full 36-38C and now I'm barely filling out a 36C. :( I'm reeallly hoping the ladies don't shrink too much more, but I know they probably will since I'm still quite a ways from my goal.

Ugh. I don't want to be a party of the itty bitty t****y committee. :(

Beach Patrol
12-12-2011, 04:36 PM
I never had very a big chest to begin with. I was a B cup. After losing 30 pounds, I am officially an A cup. So depressing. :(

Don't fret honey! - you are much healthier now! and... Doctors can do miracles with boobs, for a lot less pricier than you would think! ;)

runningfromfat
12-12-2011, 05:10 PM
First off, make sure you're wearing a well fitting bra. Did you take your underbust measurement as your band size? And the difference between your bust and underbust as your cup size (at least as a starting point)? I've heard of supposedly A cup women actually being C cup women once they get into the correct band size. ;) A well-fitting push-up bra can make a huge difference. ;)

I have a large chest (about a 30GG/H). No, it is not a blessing. I've had body image issues all my life, have been told that I was fat when I was at a healthy weight because of it, have had back pains, and it is possible contributing to pain in my writes/arm. Oh, and did I mention I live in a country that assumes everyone wears a B cup and just changes the band size? I have to order 100% of my bras from abroad and customs charges and arm and a leg AND I have yet to find one that fits me perfectly because every time I order the shipping times take so long that I've always either dropped a band size or a cup size. :mad: :dizzy:

Also be thankful for all the awesome clothes you CAN wear! You can wear loose baggy tops and they won't make you look like you gained 20-30lbs! You can probably go braless on occasion without back pain and you probably can find swimming suits that look awesome on you! ;)

Trust me, the grass is ALWAYS greener on the other side. Instead, be proud of your awesome weightloss and rock those A cups to the best of your ability!!! :D

Jonsgurl0531
12-12-2011, 05:23 PM
i went from a 40E to my 36DD's are getting a little too big. I'm up in Ottawa so there's no Victoria's Secret here, but I'll be visiting my parents in Toronto over christmas- lets talk about how I'm planning to spend like, 300 bucks on new proper bras/underwear.

I'm about 20 lbs from goal, and I really doubt my boobs will go past a 34 DD.

BUT I want new boobies, REAAALLLL bad.

Like, I went out this weekend, and had a great cleavage dress- I had to wear a push up bra!! I've never actually NEEDED to utilize my pushup bra before!! :O

I suggest trying Fredricks of Hollywood if there are somewhere you are going first. I love their bras and they are comfy, sexy, and less expensive than VS. They also have bras for larger chested women. I went to VS and they taped me as a 34DD... well none of their 34DDs fit.. the band size was too large even on the last hook and the cups were too small.. they actually had the nerve to tell me to go up a bandsize... really!!... ur 34 was barely small enough HELLO!...

So I went to FoH and basically was treated like a queen! They measured me and gave me multiple sizes of each bra to try on. Only downside is that you need to try on each bra you buy. Each different style fit differently on me.

I love my big boobs.. They HAVE gotten alot smaller.. I hope they do not shrink anymore. :(

OnceUponADrive
12-14-2011, 07:35 AM
I am most definitely an A cup. I still have all my B cup bras (because I haven't felt like spending on new ones yet...and I'm in slight denial about it, lol). I had to put temporary cup fillers in every bra just to fill them out enough to wear them. Also, I have an issue of one being slightly larger than the other which is an even bigger annoyance. So I'd never go bra-less. I know docs can work miracles and honestly I would definitely consider surgery (I don't want large breasts, just proportionate for my body since I am not a small build to begin with). But they say you have to get them re-done every 10 years or so. I don't want to keep shelling out that cash! Plus I'm scared to death that I'd get surgery and then get that capsular contracture or whatever it is and they'd have to remove them. That's two surgeries right there and no boobs to show for it. The grass is always greener, I suppose. I don't wish for huge ones, I'd be really happy with my full B's back though. :( However, I am very happy with the rest of my body!

Misti in Seattle
12-14-2011, 09:21 AM
For what it is worth, it is normal to have one breast larger than the other. Usually it is the left on that is larger, but not always of course

sontaikle
12-14-2011, 09:29 AM
Yeah I have that too. The left one is slightly bigger than the right. It's annoying at times but it's not noticeable unless I say "HEY LOOK ONE IS SMALLER" and even then I doubt others would notice.

ChickieChicks
12-14-2011, 09:37 AM
Sigh...the Case of the Disappearing Boobies! ;)

I never had large breasts, but they ballooned up while pregnant, breastfeeding and being overweight. I got up to a 38D. Now I've lost all the weight and I have so-called boobs that are roughly 34B. They are only Bs b/c they are so saggy. AWFUL!!

For me, it is beynd just being smaller. They just plain look horrible. I can make them work in clothing, especially with a great fitting bra, but I am young and want to feel great naked, too! I feel like I can no longer wear a tank top around my house at night, b/c they look like a tube sock with a few beans at the bottom. BOO HOO!

I've been saving for a long time, and just made an appointment with a cosmetic surgeon.

treowth
12-14-2011, 01:00 PM
Does anyone have any idea what exercises may help (even if only a smidge) to stop the "puppies ears" syndrome?

Hx

Riestrella
12-14-2011, 03:44 PM
I was wearing a 36 G during my heaviest weight, but my boobs would spill over the cup so I was perhaps a 38 F? I got professionally measured recently and I've lost 4 inches from my under-bust and 6 inches from my boobs and I'm now a 32 HH. Double freakin' H! I didn't even know there was an H! But yeah, big boobs suck because everyone defines you by them (I'm quite literally the girl with the big boobs to some people, it's so degrading) and they are so awkward when you're trying to fit into nice clothes/working out.

So don't get down! It's easy to make boobs look bigger but not smaller!

sontaikle
12-14-2011, 03:52 PM
Does anyone have any idea what exercises may help (even if only a smidge) to stop the "puppies ears" syndrome?

Hx

weight lifting. Mine aren't full and firm or anything but they aren't droopy.

runningfromfat
12-15-2011, 07:17 PM
I am most definitely an A cup. I still have all my B cup bras (because I haven't felt like spending on new ones yet...and I'm in slight denial about it, lol). I had to put temporary cup fillers in every bra just to fill them out enough to wear them. Also, I have an issue of one being slightly larger than the other which is an even bigger annoyance.

It all depends on your band size, though. For instance, a 34A is the same volume size as a 32B but if your underbust is 32" than a 32B is going to be more supportive and give you a much better shape than a 34A, so really make sure you're wearing the correct band size. In the example I used of an A cup being a C cup the women was probably wearing a 36A, which would be equivalent to a 32C. Another thing too... if you're wearing really the wrong band size it's hard to see exactly what your correct cup size is (normally you're actually larger but can't see it because the band size is too big).

One thing that I've found with weight loss is that even though I've lost a lot of inches in my bust at times I've lost more in my underbust so my cup size went up because it's the difference between your bust and underbust.

Oh, and I can totally relate to asymmetry! It's annoying but also very common. I've found a bra that has removeable pads that has done wonders for me. ;)

runningfromfat
12-15-2011, 07:18 PM
I was wearing a 36 G during my heaviest weight, but my boobs would spill over the cup so I was perhaps a 38 F? I got professionally measured recently and I've lost 4 inches from my under-bust and 6 inches from my boobs and I'm now a 32 HH. Double freakin' H! I didn't even know there was an H! But yeah, big boobs suck because everyone defines you by them (I'm quite literally the girl with the big boobs to some people, it's so degrading) and they are so awkward when you're trying to fit into nice clothes/working out.

So don't get down! It's easy to make boobs look bigger but not smaller!

Your band size has to be tight, if you were able to wear a 36 you were probably more like a 36GG or 36H... You should never go up in band size if you're spilling out of the cups!!!!

Beck
12-15-2011, 07:26 PM
Yep, I've lost my boobs. I'm only a few pounds away from goal, and one of my treats is to get a proper fitting and a few very nice bras. I'll most likely need some padding. I'm about a 34B now, but I'm happy with what I've accomplished as far as weight loss. If I had to sacrifice some boobage, so be it!

Riestrella
12-15-2011, 07:27 PM
Your band size has to be tight, if you were able to wear a 36 you were probably more like a 36GG or 36H... You should never go up in band size if you're spilling out of the cups!!!!

True dat!! Either way - it was embarrassing! My Mum pointed it out when I was in a public place that I had a double boob...I was mortified and so pissed off at her but she was right!

When I get down to my goal weight I'm going to assess my boob situation and if I'm still really big I'm considering a breast reduction. I tried to get one before I started losing weight but because I had a BMI above 25 they couldn't fund me. And trust me, I didn't make the decision lightly, big boobs make me miserable! I hate being the girl with the big boobs, I want to be the girl who's cool, or has the nice eyes - ANYTHING but the girl with the big boobs.

sontaikle
12-15-2011, 07:31 PM
One thing that I've found with weight loss is that even though I've lost a lot of inches in my bust at times I've lost more in my underbust so my cup size went up because it's the difference between your bust and underbust.

This seems to be what happened to me....I'm a 32DD now (I was a 40D when started), although I'd like to try on the bras to confirm it. The measurements point to 32DD though and I tried on a 34C recently just to see if I can get something that fits properly in the meantime and the cups fit but the band was too loose.

Bah. What a horrible time to have to go to some of the department stores! I think I'll just order online and hope for the best :(

Arctic Mama
12-17-2011, 01:39 AM
Oh goodness, hope I lose some boobs, at least proportional to my band size going down. I am a 36J and can only really but bras online or at Intimacy. Large breasts aren't all they're cracked up to be. I love having cleavage and don't want to lose it, but I'd be thrilled to be a more normal size.

Have you double checked they your bra fits properly, by the way? Many women believe they are 32A's and end up being 28D's, when the band fits properly and the cups are sitting correctly on the rib cage. Ill fitting bras are a menace to society and many gals, large and small, who hate their boobs are often not wearing the correct size. I began my bra fitting journey quite a few pounds ago as a 44D. My correct size was a 40F, at the time. Big, big difference. And yet my breasts looked better and more proportional for my size in the larger cups!

runningfromfat
12-17-2011, 05:54 AM
True dat!! Either way - it was embarrassing! My Mum pointed it out when I was in a public place that I had a double boob...I was mortified and so pissed off at her but she was right!

When I get down to my goal weight I'm going to assess my boob situation and if I'm still really big I'm considering a breast reduction. I tried to get one before I started losing weight but because I had a BMI above 25 they couldn't fund me. And trust me, I didn't make the decision lightly, big boobs make me miserable! I hate being the girl with the big boobs, I want to be the girl who's cool, or has the nice eyes - ANYTHING but the girl with the big boobs.

:hug:

When I was at my highest weight I was somehow able to forget all the problems that I had with big boobs. Mostly it was because I found more brands that carried larger cup sizes in larger band sizes (I typically have a pretty small band size) and also a lot of the plus size clothes were cut more generously in the chest. Plus, most people were just looking at a "fat girl" not one who had boobs much larger than the rest of her body.

Once I started dropping the weight, I had an Ah-Ha moment when I realized I couldn't find bras in store and never would be able to, ditto with most tops/dressed. :( I started reading a lot of blogs from other women with the same problem and eventually started my own. That really helped me to deal with it, dress better etc. Not saying you don't have to have surgery (my own mom did for that matter) but it really helped me a lot. I'm still thinking about a breast lift after we're done having kids. Between all the weight loss and breastfeeding for a long time there's a lot of lose skin there!!!!

One thing that I've found, though, that since I've changed my atttitude, I've changed my confidence levels and people DO notice more than my breasts. ;)

runningfromfat
12-17-2011, 05:59 AM
sontaikle- I feel your pain!!! I hate having to guess my size and then order online and hope and pray that they'll fit. :mad: The worst is that the shipping costs are so bad that sometimes it would cost MORE to return a bad fitting bra than buying a new one, ugh! At the moment I have a pile of bras I need to figure out how to sell. :dizzy:

Arctic Mama- I wish! For me it's always been one or the other. For long time I was dropping a TON in my band size and nothing in the cups. :mad: Now I've started dropping some in the cups (of course, it's ALWAYS after I ordered new bras online and right before they arrive) but my band size is threatening to go down again, which will really suck because I'll have a 28 band and many, many brands don't even make bras in that size!

Misti in Seattle
12-17-2011, 06:13 AM
What is frustrating to me is that the ONE store... Catherine's... that USED to carry bras in my size has now stopped doing so, saying to order them online. Fine, but a bra is not exactly something you can get a good fit on, on the Internet. I just want to be able to walk into a store and buy a bra!!!

runningfromfat
12-17-2011, 06:53 AM
What is frustrating to me is that the ONE store... Catherine's... that USED to carry bras in my size has now stopped doing so, saying to order them online. Fine, but a bra is not exactly something you can get a good fit on, on the Internet. I just want to be able to walk into a store and buy a bra!!!

Seriously! Stores offer what sells so that's why I always encourage women to try to buy their actual size not just something that works. If we're all trying to squeeze into Victoria's Secrets super limited range when that's not what really fits than there is no incentive for them to offer new size.

Buying online, though, can be a serious PITA. I always dream of being about to go to the UK and shopping at Bravissimo/Pepperberry.

Misti in Seattle
12-17-2011, 07:03 AM
Seriously! Stores offer what sells so that's why I always encourage women to try to buy their actual size not just something that works. If we're all trying to squeeze into Victoria's Secrets super limited range when that's not what really fits than there is no incentive for them to offer new size.

Buying online, though, can be a serious PITA. I always dream of being about to go to the UK and shopping at Bravissimo/Pepperberry.

I laugh :D... when not screaming with frustration :?: when people say to be sure to buy your right size, get the right fit, etc. Yeh... just TRY it if you are outside the "accepted" typical sizes! Grrrrrr for most of us being personally fitted and paying for custom designed/fitted bras is not practical, especially when our weight fluctuates.

runningfromfat
12-17-2011, 07:43 AM
I laugh :D... when not screaming with frustration :?: when people say to be sure to buy your right size, get the right fit, etc. Yeh... just TRY it if you are outside the "accepted" typical sizes! Grrrrrr for most of us being personally fitted and paying for custom designed/fitted bras is not practical, especially when our weight fluctuates.

No kidding! FWIW, I've found a lot of online shops where you don't need to pay customs and if you watch online sometimes there's even free international shipping (brastop did this recently)! :carrot: If you're in the US as long as you order under $200 worth of goods you don't need to pay shipping costs. ;) They don't orfer any bras remotely close to my size here so I've become an expert on ordering bras online and finding deals. :lol: Sad, actually...