South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-06-2011, 04:15 PM   #1  

Default Please help me with some Phase 1 questions...

I am just barely into my first week of Phase 1... and as you can see, I have a lot of weight to lose.

I was feeling wonderful about my first two days on Phase 1 this week. Did really well, stuck to the plan. Didn't feel too hungry or like I was really missing out on anything.

This morning I had to go to a funeral, and afterwards a luncheon. I was served a gooey, hot sandwich. I didn't know what to do. I felt like I was going to have a panic attack right then and there. I thought about taking it all apart and just trying to eat the meat and melted cheese sauce... I felt like it wasn't the time or place to share my "new diet plan" with the friends and family there... so I ate it, buns and all.

The good part is, I stopped there. I didn't eat anything else. Just enough so that nobody would start asking questions or focusing on me.

The worst part is, the entire way home all I could think about was what drive through I could hit! I felt the cravings come over me immediately, and they haven't stopped! A big eye-opener for me.

I don't know how I will become strong enough to say no. I feel like everyone around me just sees this as my next fad diet in a long line of others that I've tried and failed at over the years. So I don't really even want to tell anyone about it.

So... what to do now? Day 3 of Phase 1... down the drain? Do I start over at day 1? Or just keep moving ahead with eating on Phase 1 like I was when I woke up this morning?

This is all scary to me.
Jen Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:28 PM   #2  

Jen Jen, welcome, you will get lots of answers, I would say just stay on track and move on to day 4 P1.

We are all human, you will make it.
chickadeee55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:36 PM   #3  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I would start over Jen Jen. The point of Ph 1 is to really knock out the cravings. If you had something that obviously induces cravings, I'd start all over. Finish today as Ph1, but don't count it.

Don't be scared. Honestly, it gets easier. I pick things apart myself and just say, "I can't eat white bread" and no one bats an eye. Or I tell the truth. At work, they know in the last 2 years I've been on 3 "fad" diets but SBD is the only one that works. And now that they can SEE the results of my 30 pound weight loss, no one questions me anymore.

What is another three days on Ph 1 when it means having a really successful Ph 2??

I've been on Ph 2 now for 6 months and going strong!!! YOU CAN DO IT!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 05:28 PM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

You came here and you asked for help, that's a big accomplishment. I don't know about you, but in the past whenever I fell off a plan I'd just sink deeper and deeper into old habits until I gave up. We all have moments, the difference between success and failure is what you do with them. So yes, dust yourself off, pat yourself on the back for 2 days of detox, and get right back to Phase 1. I agree with Jenn that this early on just go for the full two weeks. Hey, you've got those 2 days of practice under your belt so you know you can do this! Make sure to include enough beans and dairy to help counteract those cravings tomorrow, drink plenty of water and know that it will get better and you are worth it!
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:52 PM   #5  
Staying focused

S/C/G: 271/246/188

Height: 5'7"

This may sound odd, but in a way you are actually very lucky to have this huge eye-opener so early in your SB journey. Knowing what you do NOT want to feel like will help you resist future temptations!

As you read through the threads, you will see that many of us cycle back to Phase 1 days/weeks quite often for lots of reasons. I am Phase 1ing this week to make sure I can control the urge to nibble as I start holiday baking this weekend. I definitely think that doing 14 straight days of Phase 1 will help detox your body. Don't think of it as "re-starting", you have already started and seen the awesome benefits of clean eating in being able to recognize and resist cravings!
magrat0315 is offline   Reply With Quote