General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 12-01-2011, 10:31 PM   #1  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Default Plant Based Meals- What's on your plate?

Thread is for posting meals that are "Plant Strong". Get creative and share your meals! We'll keep each other inspired to make delicious, healthy meals often!
rdw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 169/163/145

Height: 5'11"

Lately I've been making a lot of different bean chilis. I have a lot of TVP to use up, so I will toss some of that in there, too.

Last night I made an eggplant-lentil curry with some frozen spinach tossed in for greens, served over brown rice.

I think I'm going to make tostadas tomorrow...I have cooked pinto beans in my fridge and I will mash them up for the refried beans. Layer the beans on a corn tortilla with some tomato, onion, whatever other veggies you want, bake in the oven until tortilla is crispy, then top with lettuce and voila, healthy baked tostada.
lobsteriffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:24 AM   #3  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

Ooo!

Last night for dinner was spinach salad (like every night, lol) with carrots, celery, tomato, onion, green & red pepper. For the main meal I had corn tortillas with fajita veggies in them. Zucchini, yellow squash, onion, spinach, chili peppers, green & red peppers, jalapenos, green cabbage and a lot of garlic sauteed in olive oil pam until they start to get brown, added some garlic powder, basil, oregano and some habenero sauce and they were DELISH!

I have that at least once a week, lol... Earlier this week I also made butternut squash alfredo sauce. SO GOOD. (and so much better for you!)
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 270/235/TBD

Height: 5'4

Butternut squash alfredo sauce sounds wonderful! Will you share the recipe?
ElisabethCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 169/163/145

Height: 5'11"

Yeah, another request for the recipe! That sounds right up my alley.
lobsteriffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:10 PM   #6  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

haha, I was going to ask the same! I made tostadas this weekend too... I pan dry fried them this time but many times I just microbake them to get them crispy then top with hot beans and veggies... yum

Last night I had a veggie fajita burrito and just ate the inside... so good. portobellas, green peppers and onions wiht guac and lettuce, tomatoes, and tomatilla sauce. mmm.

Tonight is white bean italian soup. Diced tomatoes, lots of veggies(zucchini, onion, mushrooms, spinach, carrots) white beans, italian type seasonings... yum!
Old 12-06-2011, 10:46 AM   #7  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

Tofu Scramble:

crumbled Tofu
zucchini
spinach
tri-color peppers
spinach
mushrooms

all seasoned with a bit of tumeric for color, garlic, onion, s&p, nutritional yeast
Delish!
Old 12-14-2011, 11:06 AM   #8  
is super awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElisabethCK View Post
Butternut squash alfredo sauce sounds wonderful! Will you share the recipe?
I found this months ago, but I wanted it lighter:

http://www.petitekitchenesse.com/201...quash-alfredo/

But that's too much fat and calories for me! lol...

I changed the 1/2 & 1/2 to 1% milk, because that's what I had on hand.

I changed the parm cheese to grated Romano, because thats what I had on hand, and I halved it and replaced the rest with "shakey cheese" aka the soy-cheese that comes in the shakers from the grocery store.

I also added a pat or 2 of I can't believe its not butter to the sauce to make it taste more sinful, lol.. I also added a little pepper and a LOT of crushed garlic, because those are both in 'traditional' alfredo sauce, at least in my big Italian family... It was good, it wasn't the same, but I would totally make it again!!

I also ate it over 1/2 wheat pasta and 1/2 spaghetti squash and it was heavenly!!
Old 12-14-2011, 11:08 AM   #9  
is super awesome.

Dinner last night was wheat lasagna noodles with squash, zucchini, spinach, garlic, R pepper, G pepper, muchrooms and onions... layered with ricotta cheese and DelGrosso meatless tomato sauce. Awesome.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:15 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 162/162/125

Height: 5'0"

Your recipe for the butternut squash alfredo sounds amazing! I am so making that this weekend!
BTW I am from the Akron area originally (Cuyahoga Falls). I miss it!
jubbathenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 05:07 PM   #11  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

Last night was chili night... I typically have mine over a bed of romaine with microbaked corn tortillas(2) kind of like a taco salad.. or just a big bowl of chili!

I use
kidney beans, white beans, and pinto beans, celery, tri-colored peppers, onions, and tomatoes. Seasoned with chili powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, ancho chili powder, and a hint of cumin... I love a bit of cilantro in there too but have to do it after because DH says it tastes like soap!
Old 12-15-2011, 08:15 AM   #12  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

This morning was tofu scramble with onions, peppers, mushrooms, and tomatoes...

Lunch is packed... Huge salad with romaine, spinach, cukes, mushrooms, tomatoes topped with Buffalo Tofu-sauce used as dessing as well...
Old 12-15-2011, 08:24 AM   #13  
is super awesome.

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubbathenut View Post
Your recipe for the butternut squash alfredo sounds amazing! I am so making that this weekend!
BTW I am from the Akron area originally (Cuyahoga Falls). I miss it!
Aw! Hi! I've got family in C.Falls!!

And the B-nut alfredo is pretty tasty... Although, using 1 whole squash I was left with a LOT, so 1/2 went into the freezer! Which is a bonus!
Old 12-15-2011, 08:26 AM   #14  
is super awesome.

Dinner last night was corn tortillas with veggie fajitas inside... I love veggie fajitas, lol... So much, I think were eating the leftovers tonight!