PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2003, 02:55 PM   #1  

Question What foods to avoid on gluc?

I have been on 500 mg met xr for a while but just recently upped to 1000mg because the first dose wasnt' improving my labs.

Finally I am losing weight! 7 pounds in less then a week. But, I have the occasional side effects.....not all the time, just sometimes. I am thinking that I must be eating things that aggravate my innards when on the met.

I am low carbing but does anyone have suggestions of foods to stay away from in order to lessen the side effects? Salad (which I love) seems to be a no-no for me now. What else?

Thanks for the input.....you all are great!

Rebecca
Old 02-14-2003, 01:45 AM   #2  

Rebecca
Sorry to hear u are suffering from the wonderful se's of met.

In my case I find I have to limit my carb and fat intake, specifically dairy, and high fat or fried foods...there are times when drinking even a tiny glass of milk can send me running to the bathroom.. I also find that a little immodium goes along way when things are, shall we say, at their worst lol

Everyone is different and its sort of a trial and error thing....
Good luck finding ur tolerances and intolerances..
Pam
Closed Thread