Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2003, 09:12 AM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 2/10 - 2/16

Starting the topic - be right back
Old 02-10-2003, 09:23 AM   #2  

Karen C - Welcome back! It is WONDERFUL to hear from you. I'm so sorry about your mom, my sincere condolences. You sure have been through a ton of life changes but you sound like you are in a good place now with great plans - a fitness center - fantastic!

Karen - ugh on the PMS - I'm right there with you on PMS and not so good eating. How was your date with the treadmill and weight bench?

I had an OK weigh-in - down 0.4 - OK in that is was down, but I have to admit that I was disappointed in that I was expecting a larger loss. I guess the PMS swweet and salties took there toll. This weekend was so-so. I got a great workout in on Saturday and my eating wasn't bad. Yesterday, we went into the city with my parents to see a revival of "Man of La Mancha". It was wonderful. We went to a Chinese restaurant afterwards and while I've been worse, I've also been better. I was supposed to have my bloodtest this morning (fasting) but realized that I forgot to take my cholesterol medication last night! I hope if I go on Thursday morning, there will be enough time for the doctor to get the results.

Have a great one,
Judy

163.6/157.2/135 and 29/240 workouts
First 10% by the end of March!
Old 02-10-2003, 05:57 PM   #3  

Hi Karen and Judy, thanks for the warm welcome back. Yep, it's been a tough time but the worst is behind me and I am determined that the best is yet to come. I'm not going to let anything or anyone get me down. You should have seen me walking this morning. Actually I was running and skipping like a child! I'm 54! heehee! I saw a lot of smiles this morning at the lights during rush hour.

Karen, hope you got the munchies under control and managed to get hose workouts in.

Judy, sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. I hope to get up to the city soon before my sister leaves. I hope all is well with your health and that the blood tests are just a precaution.

Have a great night!
Old 02-10-2003, 06:04 PM   #4  

Judy, Sorry I forgot to congratulate you on the weight lost forever! Might have been a larger loss if not for the chinese food, that always causes me to retain water.

I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of the "Wendie Plan". Standing in the checkout line at the grocery store last week, I noticed Women's World headline about the unauthorized Weight Watchers plan, so bought it. Basically, you eat a different amount of points each day, but the same total for the week. So I would eat like this: first day 17, then 23, 18, 31-34, 17, 24 and last day 22. This averages to 22 points a day. You can adjust it to fit your points. The idea is that you don't ever go into starvation mode and lose much faster. I started last Thursday, so I'll let you know how I did at the end of the week.
Old 02-10-2003, 07:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all.

Karen C- Welcome back! It's so good to hear from you again! My condolences on the death of your mother. I'm sorry, also, to hear of your divorce. But it sounds like you did what you needed to do to take care of yourself and your attitude is great! Good for you and best wishes on the start of your fitness center! I've heard of the Wendie plan. Let us know how it goes.

Karen B - Sorry to hear that the PMS monster got to you. Kick him to the curb!

Judy - Congrats on your loss. I know you wanted it to be bigger, but still, it's a loss. Sounds like you had a fun day on Sunday. I hope that the PMS monster makes a speedy exit from your house as well.

I had an ok weekend, albeit a cold one. I did so-so foodwise. Today has been better. I still haven't hopped on the bike. It's so hard for me to get back in that habit, but I'm determined to do so this week. Tomorrow I meet a friend for lunch. We're going to TGI Friday's, so I'll go to Dottie's site and figure out what I want to eat.

Talk to you later.

Carla
Old 02-10-2003, 09:31 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone,

It sounds like everyone is having a pretty good start to the week.

Karen C., I bought that magazine but am afraid to have the high intake day. Lately it seems that once I start to slide the week seems to go on down that slide. Let me know how the Wendy Plan works for you.

Carla, I understand what you mean about getting back into the swing of things in your exercise program. I have just now got my self doing something everyday. I have now done 23 of the 230 exercises I committed to this year. Carla how old is your daughter?

Judy congrats on the lose At this point I would love any amount of a lose.

As you can see my weigh in is not reporting a lose. A maintain which I 'm going with( much better than last weeks gain). I have done some type of exercise every day for a full week. Which is a real biggy for me ( yes that is my arm you seeing slapping myself on the back). My clothes are starting to fit better ( I believe because of my Women on Weights class). Unfortunately where I am seeing the looseness is in my legs and fanny, which is not my problem area. I have the roundest tummy ( I'm as wide as I am deep). I bought the Pilates for Dummies tape and have yet to be able to do the whole tape. I am enjoying it and it is killing me. I plan on being able to complete the whole tape by the end of the month. My 3 year old son keeps telling me when my legs have gone down or I have quit before the lady on the tape. He seems to be working on keeping me honest.

I have babbled long enough. Good Night.

Anne
194/189/140
23/230 of workouts
Old 02-11-2003, 12:35 PM   #7  
Canadian, eh?

Hi Everyone...

Only have a couple of minutes as I am posting from work...

Judy - yay on your loss! Man of Lamancha sounds wonderful. I had a sodium loaded meal on the weekend too. We went downtown for sushi...we ate at the sushi bar which has boats full of sushi floating by and you just help yourself. I ate way too much.

Karen C - Sabrina has been doing the Wendie plan. She's been stopping by once or twice a week. She had a good loss last week.

Carla - have a great lunch with your pal! Sending you bike vibes - to inspire you to climb aboard.

Anne - Your name is my middle name! That's great that you're seeing some reshaping. Legs and butt always seem to start off first, then other spots catch up. Legs and butt is where I need it the most. Nothing like a 3 year old as your personal trainer!

I went to see my Canucks play last night, only had one beer...but unfortunately I used going out as an excuse not to exercise! Must make amends tonight.

Have a great day, everybody!

Karen
Old 02-11-2003, 12:53 PM   #8  

Hi everyone,

I'm happy to report a .5 pound loss for a total of 6 pounds since January 1. Slowly but surely I WILL get this chub off of me.
I have a ton of work to do this morning so I'll be brief:

Karen: It's funny you mention the Wendie Plan, because I started doing it a couple of weeks ago. It works great for me, and I was able to get my stalled weight loss going again. It also just really works with my body really well, meaning, some days I'm not all that hungry, and other days I could eat everything in sight!
This plan affords me a little flexibility to eat under daily points when I'm not hungry, and over daily points when I'm ravenous.

This morning, there was a wee bit of ice on my driveway for
the first time this winter. I didn't realize it had gotten into the low 30's overnight so when I went running down my driveway I promptly lost my footing and fell! I landed on my right arm and it
hurts right now, but I don't see any bruising or broken bones.
But what a way to start the day.

Sounds like everyone is doing good, let's keep each other motivated so we can see some good losses next week!

Bye for now,
S.

166/160/135
Old 02-11-2003, 01:04 PM   #9  

Karen C - I'm glad to hear that the worst is behind you - your attitude is great. LOL about running and skipping! Thanks for your concern - the bloodtest is for my cholesterol for which I've been taking medication for a while - all routine. It would be great for us to get a chance to meet if you come up to NY. Where exactly does your sister live (although I know she is moving). I have heard of the Wendie plan and actually started doing it a long ways back. I never really got to see if it worked 'cause I found that it was too hard to plan for the high and low days on top of planning the meals for the week. I've heard anecdotal evidence that some people are successful with it but nothing "scientific" - it could just be that people are paying more attention to their points. Let us know how it works for you.

Carla - Yes, it's turned cold here too. Did you hop on the bike? I hope so - it's a habit that does so many good things for you once you get into the groove again. Unfortunately, the PMS monster is still here and big time - hasn't been great with the whole work thing. I've so had it up to here (hand over head). Yes, Sunday was a lovely day.

Hi Anne - it's always nice to know "real" names!! (Tahoemom) - well, a maintain is better than a gain so congratulations on it! Way to go girlfriend on doing some kind of exercise every day and starting on Pilates - I find it really hard - but it does wonders for your "core" area. My problem area is the same as yours - my stomach - my hips, thighs and butt could of course use some slimming and tightening but it's my pooch (lower stomach area) that needs the most help. LOL about your son's comments - I think it's great that he sees you doing something that's so good for you - good role model stuff.

Karen - Mmmmm on the sushi - love it. Hey, even if you didn't exercise when you went to the hockey game, you only had one beer and I think that deserves some arm slapping on your back, as Anne put it.

I had a rough-ish kind of day yesterday - BAD PMS on top of work stuff - can't say too much 'cause I'm posting this at work but I just couldn't deal with it yesterday - thankfully I was working from home. I did do an intense cardio workout after work which helped a lot as did my dear Tony who is being really supportive. Maybe my wailing ended up being for the good because I managed to control the snacking and banked 2 food points along with a whole mess of activity points. I think the doctor's visit on the 24th is also helping me keep on the straight and narrow - I have to be sure it continues all week!

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 02-11-2003, 04:11 PM   #10  

Wow, everyone has been busy! No time for individual replies, so congrats to all you losers and movers and shakers! Thanks again for the warm words about Mother.

Karen, one beer is probably good for you, LOL! Love the quote under your name, that's me, that's me!

Carla, hi again!

Sabrina, thanks for the info on the Wendie plan and hope your arm is okay

Anne, enjoyed your post Too cute about the three year old supervising your exercise.

Judy, sounds like you are handling the PMS monster just fine, hate it! When will it ever end? Sorry about the cholesterol. The gene is in our family but thankfully I didn't get it. My sister lives in Nyack and at the moment is working for Liz Claiborne in New Jersey.

Yesterday was just fine. It was a low point day and I didn't have a problem, but am concerned that I will when I start PMSing. I broke the cable on my ski machine so am walking/running/skipping outside and so far the weather is cooperating. My clothes are fitting better too! Happy happy happy! TTYL
Old 02-12-2003, 09:51 AM   #11  

Karen C - sorry to hear about your ski machine. You are lucky to be in Florida. No way would I be walking outside in our weather this week. This morning was a balmy 30 degrees but the temp is supposed to fall all day and tonight it will be 10 degrees!

I had a good day yesterday - a rest day from exercise (planned) but I did manage to bank a food point and today's sneak peek was good. Now I have to be sure I keep it that way. I'm going to try to do a short workout when I get home today. Tomorrow is a half day at work. In the afternoon, Tony and I are driving into the city to meet my cousin coming in from Connecticut at her checkup at Sloan Kettering (she's been fine for the last couple of years). We are all having lunch together so I'll have to watch that but I should have plenty of time for a good workout when I get back.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 02-12-2003, 12:52 PM   #12  
Canadian, eh?

Hi all...

It's a beautiful morning here, and I'm stuck inside at work.

Judy - good on you for banking a point. Enjoy your lunch out, and your half day off tomorrow!

KarenC - too bad about the ski machine...hope you can get it fixed asap. Lucky you to be able to get out to skip and jump .

Sabrina - yay for you for your half pound loss!!

Up 2 lbs this morning. I didn't exactly have a stellar week last week, so I expected the worst. On the bright side, I treadmilled and did an upper body workout last night. Back to the not so bright side; I have a very sore hip flexor that's been bothering me on and off for weeks. Tomorrow is a day off, so I'll be taking the dog pack to the beach for some exercise.

Have a great day,
Old 02-12-2003, 04:26 PM   #13  

Hi Ladies, good to be back on board the "At Home" group.

Judy, Yay on the point banked. Good luck at lunch tomorrow.

Karen, sorry about the gain and the sore hip flexor. Hope the day off gives you some relief.

Good sneak peek here too, so maybe I'll have a good weighin tomorrow. I went out to lunch with a girlfriend today and was good. The special was grilled salmon with veggies and rice, only problem was that it came with your choice of strawberry cheesecake or "chocolate climax" cake. Solved that problem by telling the waitress to bring it to the table in a to go box so I didn't even have to look at it. Girlfriend did the same and she took them both home. Yipeeee! No exercise for me today, I was so sore the last two days I decided to take a break. TTYL
Old 02-13-2003, 09:06 AM   #14  

Karen - sorry to hear about the gain but good for you for getting on the treadmill and doing a strength workout! I'm sorry to hear about your sore hip flexor - is the last few weeks the first time it's ever been sore? Not like I'm telling you anything you don't know but you should probably give it a rest and try icing it.

Karen C - WOW! Great move on getting the cake packed up so you didn't have to see it and even better that your girlfriend took both pieces home.

I had a rough day yesterday - I rode home in a railroad car with no heat - all I wanted to do when I got home was to have the homemade soup we were having for dinner. The sweet and salties got me last night and I ate all the points in the bank. This morning's sneak peek matches how tight my rings are - I plan on gaining back the ground I lost today though. We are having a fairly low point dinner and while I don't know where we are going to lunch with my cousin, I plan on watchng my points. I didn't exercise before work this morning because I went for my cholesterol blood test but I plan on doing a cardio & weights workout when we get home.

Have a great one,
Judy
Old 02-13-2003, 11:01 AM   #15  

I know you must have been freezing by the time you got home last night, sister said it was 10 degrees! Sounds like you have a good plan for making up lost ground. Good luck at lunch today.

Weighin this morning was good, looks like I'm down a pound. It's hard to tell on this scale I'm using at Mom's house. I really miss my digital scale which I plan on replacing when I get moved to Ft. Lauderdale. Went for a walk/run in the rain this morning. It's really just misting so it wasn't too bad. I can't find the right size cable for the ski machine so I'm still braving the elements. Nothing tempting on the agenda today so even though it's a low point day I think I'll do okay.Have a good one.
Closed Thread