Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-07-2011, 09:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/200/175(first goal)

Height: 5'3"

Default Needing to make changes in Dallas

Hi everyone. So I just weighed myself a few hours ago and have hit over 200 for the first time in my life. At almost 5'3" I know how crazy this is.
A little backstory:
I've been over weight since about 20 (but its never been this bad). Its been a rough year. The guy I thought I was going to marry dumped me in April and I proceded to lose about 15-20 lbs in April/May due to anxiety. But once I got my appetite back I gained the weight back. I was on anti-depressants since my early 20's and just recently went off. Up until the last few days, if I wasn't eating constantly I was feeling nauseated as a result of withdrawal side effects. So since I went off the meds I've gained another 15-20 lbs just in the last 1-2 months!
I've done so many diets and exercise programs in the past and obviously never really suceeded. I decided to join here in hopes of finding a support community and to see what other people are doing successfully that I can hopefully stick with.
Thanks for reading!
mjoy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/169/150

Height: 5'9"

First of all, I'm sorry to hear about the rough time you've had

Can't imagine what you must be going through. What I can say is that my biggest issue with my weight is emotional/binge eating so I understand, at least to a degree, what you mean in terms of gaining after an emotional setback.

Have you tried Richard Simmons' diet? It's super easy, and really teaches you how to eat, on your own. Real food in a reasonable, balanced manner. No cutting down on carbs, or any crazy fads. It's the best diet I've ever done. Aside from the emotional issues I still deal with, as far as a diet, it's been the best for me. Cheap too, you get the whole kit on his site for like $20-$30, and it's all the tools/info you'll ever need. Whenever you need to get back on track, it's right there

I've been overweight my whole life. this is probably the skinniest I've ever been (at age 25) And I feel like I owe a lot of that to him.

Obviously I'm not trying to promote him specifically, and I don't secretly work there lol, just my personal experience
bsbgirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:48 PM   #3  

Hey,

That's fantastic that you found out that guy was wrong for you before you got married or worse. And it's also great that you got off antidepressants because they can cause weight gain.

Withdrawal from them can be tough so be especially careful. Make sure you have somebody to talk to in case you don't feel like yourself. A therapist might or might not be helpful.

If you get nausea again, try some ginger.
Anyway, welcome. There's plenty of really helpful advice on this site.

I <3 your profile pic. Super cute!
Gabriel Aidra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/200/175(first goal)

Height: 5'3"

Thanks ladies. I will have to try your suggestions. Especially the ginger. My nausea had subsided until today. Funny it seems all the side effects come on at the same time. Nausea, headache, body aches and crying!! No fun!
mjoy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 12:49 AM   #5  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

Sorry about all the craziness in your life lately. You've come to the right place for support though. Welcome to 3FC!
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote