Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2003, 12:28 PM   #1  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Default Fabulous Forties And Beyond~#136

Good Saturday morning!

I'm putting off washing the kitchen floor, so I thought I'd stop in and say hi to everyone Seriously considering going back to work full time simply to justify hiring a cleaning woman!

Last night's dinner was fun, and I ended up the day banking 2 points I did go over during the week, one evening Joe and I had margaritas so I'm anxious about that.

Es,
How is the winter wonderland? Wow, it must be pretty. Go out and make a snow angel

I should go, will be back later.
Have a great day!
~Jen
Old 02-08-2003, 02:36 PM   #2  

Angry

Hi

Jen, it did look pretty. Today since it's a little warm it's slushy.
We're suppose to get more Monday.

I'm up 2.5 I can't even blame it on chinese food cause I haven't had any. Oh well, next week will be a better week. Monday I start the 10 week challenge so whatever I weigh will be my REAL weight. Looking forward to it.

Have a great day.

Es

183/182.5/150

Last edited by EsRios426; 02-08-2003 at 02:42 PM.
Old 02-09-2003, 02:36 PM   #3  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Well, by now Zoe's probably in the tropical sunshine, soaking it up. It was only 3 degrees here this morning.

Es,
I'm in for the 10 in 10 Challenge tomorrow! I've had some very good days this week, but offset them w/some not so good...need to stay focused and not backslide.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. We're having the kids and my niece's family here for Joe's birthday in about an hour. It's usually mayhem when they're all here...4 kids age 7 and under...but it's fun.

~Jen
Old 02-09-2003, 05:53 PM   #4  

Angry

Jen, I can't believe they are predicting more snow for tomorrow. I'm thinking on taking a personal day. I don't want to be stuck in it driving home. We might get up to 6 inches. Have fun with the kids.

I bought the Woman's World magazine. On the front page it says, The unauthorized WW plan that blasts off stubborn fat other diets can't! * Pssst! You'll never hear about it at "official" meetings. They have the whole concept of the Wendi's Plan. We went all over looking for this magazine. We finally found it in Walmart.

Till tomorrow. I'll most likely take the day off. I'll check the weather when I get up.

Hugs,
Es
Old 02-10-2003, 07:13 AM   #5  

Angry 10 WEEK CHALLENGE

Here we go!!! As of today, Monday, February 10, starts the 10 week challenge. I will be 172 by April 21st.

I really need this. I just keep giving in to my sugar cravings which I'm not giving up. I'm just going to make sure I plan for it & not have so many carbs. Once I can do that I know I'll be successful.

BTW I took the day off. The snow is suppose to start around noon & we're suppose to get up to 5 inches.

Be back later.

Love,
Es
Old 02-10-2003, 09:09 AM   #6  

Hi guys.
Last week was interesting.
Bradley had the fever on Monday and it lasted until Friday afternoon. So he was out all week.
Britts had surgery on Tues. and got a fever on Thurs. so she was out Tues, Wed., Thur, and Fri.
I got a call at 11:00 A.M. from Brandon and he had a fever so he was out Wed. (1/2 day), Thur and Fri.
I got to sleep in Thurs. and Friday.
Lots of homework but they survived. We vegged out in the Family room and watched Charles in Charge, Fresh Prince, Living Single and Cosby. I tape them every morning for them.
I thought I was coming down with it but it went away. We will see.

Es,
Good luck with the challenge. I got that magazine. I love it. Great article.

Jen,
Tell Joe happy birthday.

Zoe,
Have a great time.

TTYL,
Terri
Old 02-10-2003, 10:31 AM   #7  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri,
What a week you had.....hope everyone is feeling better, and that Mom doesn't get it! Sending good wishes and to everyone at your house.

Es,
I'm in for the Challenge I know this will be a good week...sticking with the journalling, water and exercise. Good luck!
I don't blame you for taking the day off...commuting in the snow is rough. A nice long weekend is a good thing

This morning's weigh-in: stayed the same was shocked to see that scale remain exactly where it was last week. While it is disappointing to not see a loss, not gaining is what I'm going to focus on.

HI everyone...Dianne, Zoe (Caribbean Queen), Sandy, Janie, Ruth, LeeAnn, Donna.

later,
~Jen
Old 02-10-2003, 01:01 PM   #8  

Es,
Happy Winter Wonderland. We have actually been having rather cold weather for CA lately. AT night it has been going down to the 20's. No snow on the surrounding Mountains since December.

Jen,
Happy Birthday to Joe

Terri,
I am sorry everyone in your house was sick last week. I had the same kind of week the one prior. I was so exhausted afterward. DOn't forget to take care of Terri while you are taking care of everyone else.

HI Everyone,
I am so ready for this challenge. I seem to do fine Mon-Fri but loose it on the weekends. I really need some motivation.

Hugs,
JanieD
179/157/143

Last edited by JanieD; 02-10-2003 at 01:04 PM.
Old 02-10-2003, 02:35 PM   #9  

Thumbs down

Hi Girls

I love being home. The snow started around an hour ago. It's 2:30. I was out all morning. I bought Pete a few things for his birthday. I was rushing cause I wanted to be home before the snow started.

Terri, the same thing happens at my brother's house. When one gets sick they all catch it. The WW article is great! I'm so proud of Wendi whoever she is. Take care of yourself.

Jen, Happy Birthday to Joe. Pete will be 53 Thursday. He looks great for his age. I'm glad you joined in our challenge. I have to lose weight before the summer. I want to be able to buy a new bathing suit without hating the way I look.

Janie, I would love to be at 157. It's funny cause when I was 157 I wanted to be 145. Now when I look back I didn't look bad at all in the 150's. Oh well<sigh> I just have to work hard at it.

Have a great day everybody

Ruth, how's the baby?

Hugs,
Es

Last edited by EsRios426; 02-10-2003 at 03:16 PM.
Old 02-10-2003, 05:16 PM   #10  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi everyone,
Thanks for the birthday wishes for Joe. Today is his birthday, tho we had the celebration yesterday. He's 51 today. He and I are going to Benihana's for dinner this evening.

Es,
Bathing suit shopping is the pits! I've got to buy a couple this year; having the pool makes it a must to have more than one. Even more stress

later,
~Jen
Old 02-10-2003, 07:51 PM   #11  

Default i found you!!!

I was wondering WHERE EVERYONE WAS?!!! I have been checking on the other thread and finally it dawned on me what 'SEE YOU AT 136' meant!

I am starting the challenge. Am I suppose to post my starting weight? If so: It was 152. I will be 142 in ten weeks!

You guys thought you got rid of me, huh???
Old 02-10-2003, 10:40 PM   #12  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Donna,
Sorry you didn't know, we begin a new thread when the old one gets to about 6 pages. Any longer than that gets messy and confusing. We number them in order, and are up to #136, obviously!
I joined this thread when it was in the 30's or 40's, I believe. All that time with no losses to speak of ....now you can see why I stuck with this group: incredible support !!!

Dinner was nice; we'd never been to Benihana's, had a gift cert. from Joey for our last anniversary. As some of you may know, I don't care for oriental food.....well, change that! I loved it, food was great, stayed within my points and found a new favorite restaurant.

see you tomorrow,
~Jen
Old 02-11-2003, 04:34 AM   #13  

Angry

Hi Girls

OMG I made Pete 1 year older. He'll be 52.

Jen, my nephew told us about this great Chinese Buffet. It's a little expensive but worth it. Jen, we both love chinese food. This place is called Yin Yang. They have salmon!!

Awwwww Donna, we forgot to explain how our threads go. How tall are you?

Look at me just hanging out like I don't have to go to work! I better start getting ready.

Be back later.

Hugs,
Es
Old 02-11-2003, 10:21 AM   #14  

I'm just glad I found you guys!

Jen, was that restaurant that you went to like a Japanese steak house? Where they cook it right in front of you? If so, I love that! Of course there isn't many foods that I don't like. Oh, and a belated to Joe! I'm sorry I didn't mention it before.

Es, I am 5'4". I went and exercised this morning and it was a good class with the balls too. I really like working with those, I can really feel it working.

Now that I understand how you do your threads, I will be able to stay with you all.

Been a little nervous today. My dh had to fly to St. Louis this morning for work and I am concerned with the high alert of terrorism this week. Please keep him in your prayers. Thanks!

I think I blew it on my points yesterday and didn't even realize it. First day on the challenge and I blew it. I had a small portion of spaghetti and a few very small meatballs and I look up in my points and that according to what I saw was 16 points! OH NO! I couldn't believe it!! I was so disappointed because I thought I was doing good, spaghetti cooked in NO OIL, meatless sauce and just a couple of small meatballs. NO BREAD either! I should of known!

I will do better today...
Old 02-11-2003, 12:33 PM   #15  

Donna,
DOn't feel badly about going over on the 1st day. SO did I. I got home late last night and didn't have time to make dinner for the starving herd, so I opened a couple of cans of chilli. They were happy but I was over. Today is a new day!!!

Jen,
You shouldn't put yourself down. You have been doing very well these last few weeks. Hold your head up girlfriend!!

Everyone,
I have counseling today. I never know how I'm going to come out of there. SOmetimes I feel better, but mostly I feel like hiding away from the world with a pound or two of chocolate. There has been a lot of junk I have repressed and it's all starting to come out: It's ok if we sort of peel it like an onion, but sometimes the junk comes out like a torent. I am amazed I am as well adjusted as I am. THe stuff that happened to me causes other people to go postal

Got to get to work,
JanieD
Closed Thread