Mini-Goals - Exercise nsv

View Full Version : Exercise nsv

kylonaa
10-28-2011, 11:01 PM
I officially got to 40 pounds lost today but have mostly done it without exercise. One huge goal I've had is to be able to run a mile without stopping. I've never managed to run more than 2 minutes at a time so I decided to see what I could do today. I ran 5 minutes in a row and it wasn't very hard at all!!!! Losing the weight made such a huge difference... I had no idea! Can't wait to see what will happen as I continue to lose weight and exercise! I know it sounds like a small nsv but I can't stop smiling and it feels like a huge deal to me!

TheLindsy
10-29-2011, 12:53 AM
Congrats on the weight loss!!

I remember running my first mile without stopping! Its such a great feeling! Keep it up!! :)

whiteone
10-29-2011, 01:51 AM
I remember the first mile on the elliptical. Never would have thought I could do it. Soon I did 2miles.... Then 4.... And I even made it to 5 miles! That was something that if someone had ever asked me a year or two ago, I'd have said that would NEVER happen. That I just wouldn't ever been in shape enough to not pass out or throw up.

I took a picture of the "5 miles" thing on the elliptical, because it was something surreal and unbelievable to me.

It's worth it to achieve something you never thought you could.

finn
10-29-2011, 03:39 PM
That's a great NSV...there's no stopping you now!

NoMoreKnit
10-30-2011, 10:47 AM
That is so great!!! I'm curently jogging about 30 seconds LOL so very proud of anyone that keeps it up for longer than that!
Way To GO!!

Liliann
10-31-2011, 09:14 PM
Great job!! Keep on, keeping on!!

kylonaa
11-08-2011, 12:01 PM
Thanks everyone :) Today I ran 1/2 mile without stopping which was 8 minutes in a row!! (ok, it was actually jogging at 4.0- doesn't resemble running at all haha but as I get better I'll be able to up it). I really want to achieve the mile and then go find my jerk PE teacher who seemed to think I was less of a person because I couldn't run.

*does a happy jog*

InsideMe
11-08-2011, 01:19 PM
Girl that's amazing! :cheer3: It's so hard to move when you are heavy, or right at the begining of exercising.I remember when I started I couldn't even do a jumping jack. Taking the weight off totally makes a difference in how you feel and makes it easier to exercise. Keep going! Before you know it you'll be running marathons! :)

crainjo
11-08-2011, 02:20 PM
Yall keep it up. I had a exercise NSV this weekend. I ran 7 miles without stopping at a 9:14 pace. I was like a lot of you when I started the C25K 8 months ago. It was all it could do to run 60 seconds, and this was after I had already lost 30 pounds and could pound on the eliptical. Keep it up, running has really helped my weight loss, but it can be addicting. I had a euphoric feeling when I was on mile 6 Sunday. No pain, felt like I was floating. I guess it was just those endorphins kicking in, what a high!

crainjo
11-08-2011, 02:21 PM
PS...I saw an awesome quote this weekend, and I thought of it today as I was running at lunch. "It's not sweat, it's liquid awesomeness!"

PreciousMissy
11-08-2011, 05:33 PM
It is a huge deal!!!! You should continue to smile!

rainydays
11-09-2011, 12:40 AM
Way to go!! Being lighter does make everything easier!!

kylonaa
11-09-2011, 02:09 PM
Thanks everyone! Its so nice to have somewhere I can come and brag when my friends are tired of it!

@Crainjo- wow, that's awesome! I had tried C25K a while ago when I was about 15 pounds done but I couldn't get past week 3- I'll have to give it another go now! My favorite quote about sweat is "sweat is fat crying"... awesome haha