Old 10-25-2011, 10:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/260/150

Default Diet good, Exercise Good. Diet plus Exercise Help

Ok, sorry for the long title be I need help I do good exercising and I do good staying on points but when I put the 2 together I run into problems. After exercise I get so hungry it takes all my will power to not go crazy eating.
Please I need advice I don't want to fail!
TexisDolly73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:15 PM   #2  

For some reason, exercise often will surprise my appetite, but it depends greatly what it is, the duration, and how much stores I have already consumed for the day.

First things first - drink. Make sure it isn't dehydration.

Also, when I can tell that I am "ravenous" whether justified or not, I usually start with a small amount of something high protein/fat. Drink like crazy. Walk away. And see if that will get the crazy eating under control.
HikingChloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:15 PM   #3  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I've started using my weekly points first, rather than using my Activity Points. (mostly b/c I earn more than 49 AP a week)

It tends to help a little bit.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 01:45 PM   #4  
Thin Girl in Training

S/C/G: 285.5/269.4/180

Height: 5'5"

I'd make sure you're getting protein before you work out, it may help you to avoid the post-workout crash.
chubbybunny29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:33 AM   #5  

The rule is to have carbs before a work out and then protein within 30 minutes after working out - at least that's what my PT has me doing. Works great.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:59 AM   #6  
Thin Girl in Training

S/C/G: 285.5/269.4/180

Height: 5'5"

I say go with what QuilterinVA said...anyone who has lost 205lbs knows what she is talking about!
chubbybunny29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 02:48 PM   #7  
Go Blue!

S/C/G: 286.8/180.6/145

Yeah my trainer sounds similar to QuilterinVA's. She is big about a small snack 45 mins before a workout with her, and protein shortly after a workout - of course we're strength training during those workouts too. But in general I find that higher protein snacks really make me feel satisfied too. It can depend on what you are doing though. If I eat an hour or less before I do any running, I tend to get side stitches but otherwise no problems.

Post workout I often do a smoothie which I find super filling because it's not only high protein but it takes me a while to drink. I do one scoop of protein powder (mine is Gold Standard Vanilla Ice Cream - it's 3 pp for one scoop or 1 pp - I think - for 1/2 scoop, I started w/ a half scoop but I use a full scoop all the time now), then either 1/2 1% milk and 1/2 plain greek yogurt (1 pp + 1 pp = 2 pp) or 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk (1 pp). Sometimes I have it just like that sometimes I throw in one half-cup serving of fresh/frozen fruit I have around, as well as spinach when it's on hand. I have a hand blender http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-CSB-...dp/B000EGA6QI/ (it was cheaper when I bought it 2 1/2 years ago but still not a bad price and it's still going strong) and it sometimes can have a problem with really big chunks of frozen fruit/spinach but otherwise churns through everything, incl ice cubes, like a champ.

I tend to adjust my points a little for the rest of my day to work around the pre and post workout snacks when I have them, but if I end up needing to dip into the weeklies a little on those days (1-2 points at most on average for me anyway), it doesn't bother me. The important thing is just staying on top of the hunger, planning it into your day, because when you let yourself get super hungry and you don't have a plan of attack, that can quickly turn into food choices that aren't so great.

Last edited by Somni; 10-27-2011 at 02:53 PM.
Somni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 03:30 PM   #8  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

Height: 5'6"

I used to have this problem too. Now I always have a banana a half hour before I workout. It gives me plenty of energy. After workout I have a protein shake with fruit/spinach in it. A shake is VERY filling so it should keep you satisfied for awhile.
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote