Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-14-2011, 11:48 AM   #1  

Angry Sick of being overweight!!! 19 y/o, Glasgow.

Hi guys, I'm new here, I'm hoping this is posted in the right section etc!!!

I'm 19, and I'm slightly overweight, or near enough. I'm 5ft 2 at the most, and I'm 10st 6lbs. Although it might not be very obese, I'm not happy. I don't want to be a size 14 any more.

I just want some advice to see if I will lose weight doing what I have been doing.
I joined a gym last week, (DW Fitness) but I have a chronic pain condition that means I can't use bikes, rowing machines, treadmills or anything I sit or run on. So what I've done is take part in the classes.

This week I'm hoping will be like every week onwards, on Tuesday I did 45 minutes of Legs Bums and Tums (then I went back later in the evening to go to boxfit but it was cancelled so I went a walk to Asda which is about 30 minute walk away uphill, then back home). Wednesday - Body Combat 1hour and Legs Bums and Tums for an hour. Thursday Legs Bums and Tums 45 minutes and Body Combat again for an hour then today the only class available was Body Jam for 1 hour.

If I do this every week, including a Monday next time, and have Saturday and Sunday off. My diet isn't bad as such, but it's not "good" either. I don't eat fruit because it's bad for my condition, and I don't like fruit too much anyway. I adore veg and always have veg with my dinner. I don't eat red meat or fish, only chicken. So for an average dinner I'll have chicken stir fried (little olive oil) with peppers, onions, and mushrooms, and maybe put it in a tortilla wrap. Or I'll have roasted veg with some olive oil and sea salt, with grilled chicken. I'm also at uni so sometimes I'll make a korma from the jar and make some white rice (whole grain gives me stomach ache). I try not to eat a lot of bread or pasta because I'm wheat intolerant, but I'm part Italian, so it's hard to resist my Nonna's pasta sometimes!!! The only thing is I love Irn Bru and Diet Coke with my dinner, and I do adore chocolate, so have a little bit now and again. Cheese is another massive favourite but I've really cut down to having a little grated cheese on something about once or twice a week at the most.

Anyway, sorry for the long post, I really hope someone can help. I used to figure skate and do ballet almost every day for hours before I got sick, and I did PE at school 4 times a week. Now I'm just short and tubby. All the flab is round my stomach. My legs are tubby and my arms too, but it's mostly my belly that depresses me. I'm a 34DD chest also, but I dont really want to get too small in that department!
alanasomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 210/160/150

Height: 5'6

Default Hang in there!

Am sure with all the exercise you are doing and portion control, you could make it to your goal weight. Most individual inspirational stories I read on here had running as one exercise method. Good luck getting there I know you can do it! P.S - Am 23 and just starting out, hope I can be motivated as you!
RazzleNDazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:40 PM   #3  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

Welcome to 3FC!

Last edited by rainydays; 10-14-2011 at 01:40 PM.
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote