Old 10-08-2011, 02:58 AM   #1  
finding my balance...

S/C/G: 216.8/209.4/135

Height: 5'7

Default need some motivation!

Hey everyone! I have been on and off of here I think about three times in the last three years...I always lose a bunch, then something stressful starts in my life and I gain it back (usually plus some)...Right now I weigh what I weighed when I came home from the hospital from having my daughter three years ago, and it's very discouraging. ESPECIALLY since I was down 30 lbs from that at one time...I'm begining to think I don't have a good reason to want to lose it. I mean , I want to be healthy, and I want to wear cute clothes, but obviously that hasn't been enough for me...I love gross food, and I hate working out usually. AND I'm alwayyyssss tired. Any tips, suggestions? What motivates you? I recently graduated college and I will be starting a professional career soon, and not only do I want to look the part, but I want to change my life with this huge step. I need to know how to enjoy working out.
(Sorry I'm rambling, I'm just frustrated)
Thanks ladies!!!
tandifrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 09:34 PM   #2  
Being Me-Inside and Out

S/C/G: 259/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

I have totally been in your place (with extra weight). I am still 8lbs heavier than I was when I was ready to deliver my son (5 yrs ago) and 39 heavier than after I had him. I have spent the last 8 yrs (I guess I got lazy after I had my daughter) with my weight mostly going on, with small intervals of losing then gaining BIG.

I was tired all the time too. I used that as an excuse. I figured, I work all day, I have to the kids....all I wanted to do was pass out at night.

In June, I made a choice to change. I eat a lot healthier--I still have my off days and snack some times though--drink lots of water, and try to exercise at least 4 days a week. Jobwise, I am pretty active during the day. I started by playing Just Dance 2 with my daughter on Wii. We were having somuch fun that an hr passed by, I was sweating like crazy, and I didn'r even realize it. I did that 4-5x a week for over a month. Then I started to incorporate other exercises. I really did enjoy working out back in the day, I just forgot I did. It's like being retrained.

Find something that works. But take it in small steps. I love kick boxing and dancing. I love to use weighs and the feeling the next day of being sore bc I know I earned that. You can do it
sheramama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 06:10 PM   #3  
finding my balance...

thank you sooo much!That's EXACTLY how I feel!! I think using wii is an excellent idea! There's a good Christmas gift for me! I know I used to like working out to...just gotta find somethinng that clicks!Thanks!
Old 10-10-2011, 12:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I know what you mean. I am still in school and I always feel worn out. I love working out now, but I didn't always love it. Maybe there is something that will help you like it more? Finding that particular activity that makes you happy. Is there anything like that you can think of?
Also, once I changed my diet and started working out, even though it took alot of motivation at first because I was tired, I found I actually began to be tired alot less.
Jamie1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 211/194/140

Height: 5'4"

Don't give up tweaking your diet until you find out what works for you! It may be calorie counting, low carb (my personal fave, mmm bacon), raw vegan, whatever. If you can afford it or insurance will cover it it would be worthwhile to get tested and make sure you don't have any deficiencies. Grains can cause problems for some people, so it may be worthwhile to give it a trial run without them.

Make itty bitty tiny workout goals. Do 1 pushup, move for 30 seconds, do a few stretches. As your body feels better, you will feel like doing more.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!
Raven132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 12:53 AM   #6  
finding my balance...

Thanks guys!I love zumba actually, but my gym closed and I don't have money for another membership right now. I'm seriously considering purchasing a wii, and trying to get my fix in that way. Also thinking about getting my thyroid checked when I get insurance...I looked online and I have quite a few of the symptoms.I hope that's not the case, but I'd rather know if it is...