Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-06-2011, 12:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/180/135

Height: 5'6

Default need help organizing my closet :)

I've been struggling with my weight for years...

I never seem to maintain the motivation and determination it takes to lose weight permanently. *The cycle that usually happens is that I will lose a few pounds, get really excited about it, and then celebrate with food. *Totally counterproductive behavior.

For the past few years I've gained and lost the same 30 pounds a few times. *I don't weigh myself very often, but I always know by the way my clothes fit. *My closet is a mess. *I have clothes that range from size 8 to size 14 all hanging next to each other on hangers. *I refuse to get rid of my smaller sizes because I hope to fit into them again one day

I'm hoping that by using these forums, I will have a sense of accountability that I haven't had before. *Reading other people's stories gives me hope that I too can lose weight! *

Here's to hoping that i will fit into my little strapless black dress again (currently hidden away at the bottom of my closet because it's too depressing to look at it). *If my memory serves me correctly, my husband was a fan of that dress many, many years ago!
Modapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:28 PM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the forum! Best of luck on your weight loss journey and the closet organization
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:06 PM   #3  

Once you lose that 30 pounds again, then try to lose a little more.
After you reach your goal...and that little dress fits again. Then it's time to go into maintenance.

There are people here that will help and guide you into a complete change of eating habits.
Just hang in there and ask for advice when you need it.

I track my calories on LoseIt.com and come here for support.
That works for me.

Victory belongs to the most persevering.
Napoleon Bonaparte (1769 - 1821)
JOLINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 11:41 PM   #4  
Awesome ;D

S/C/G: 202/195/116

Height: 5'2"

Hello, I'm a newbie here too! I also have a problem with losing weight then celebrating with junk food. When your diet is going well it may feel like some extra food won't hurt, but remember it was your diligence in making healthy lifestyle changes that granted your success in the first place. One idea would be to celebrate your success with something besides food, like maybe new jewelry, accessories, a cd or movie, or anything that you really like. It's okay to have dessert every now and then, but remember that food should be making your body healthy, not hurting you. There are tons of people here to support you when the going gets rough. Best of luck to you!
Kendi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:17 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 191/179/140

Height: 5'7

hiya! Were you on a particular diet plan when you've lost weight in the past? I'm just getting started, but I'm working on the moderation/portion control, more exercise plan... I know I can't be on a "diet." Just that one word ruins it all for me. I figure if I can't eat like this the rest of my life, it's not going to work in the long run. So sure, I won't have weight falling off like crazy, but I'm hoping slow and steady wins the race. Otherwise, I'll burn out

I have a few "skinny" clothes hanging in my closet as well
murfcat is offline   Reply With Quote