Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2003, 08:48 AM   #1  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Close, so close.....

Hi there ~

I have been doing the WW plan (going to meetings) for exactly 6 months. I've lost 40.2 lbs so far and am approx. 10 or so pounds from goal. I'm getting so nervouse now because next Saturday, only 6 days from now, my husband and I are leaving for a 7 day cruise. I think I've made some real changes in the way I eat and the way I think about food but I just know that I'll be bad with my eating anyway........I add all this, not as my purpose for this post (although it's an important fact in my life right now) but just because it's something that is coming up to put a small disruption in my eating plan.....

My purpose for this post is to find some people who have been in or ARE in my position.....so close, so very close.....I don't want to mess up this late in the game. This is probably my 7th time joining WW. Each time, I go for about 6 or so weeks and then think I can do it on my own. Obviously, I can't and never have. So this time, the shock of sticking with it this long is just so amazing to me. Of course, the leader and her exhuberant nature has a lot to do with it. Marsha is GREAT and anyone in the Fort Worth area that needs a good meeting needs to go to hers. OH, I got side-tracked there... I just wonder how those of you in this situation continue to stick to the program. Those of you who are lifetime memebers and/or on maintenance ~ any pointers how I can get there in a decent amount of time and not start 'cheating' now? I don't consider any over-eating to be 'cheating'. Since I know that WW allows you to have ANY food (as long as you count the points), let's just say that I bank too many in the BEGINNING of the week and have to make them all up during the next 6 days. I've been doing this for the last few weeks, maybe since the holidays ~ it's not hurt me ~ in 6 months, I've had only 1 gain and that was the first week in Jan., after the holidays were over and it was only POINT 6. So here I am, so very close to goal (I'm 5'7" and think I should be somewhere between 148-153), and the day I weigh, I have been eating too many points. First of all, I need to stop doing that. Second, I need to really concentrat on my vacation coming up. I don't want to be miserable with the thought of "I can't have that" but I also do not want to over do it.

Well, I've rambled on enough here. Thanks to anyone who is listening, even if you don't answer.

Zoe ~ Soaking up the "SON" in Texas
199.4/159.2/148-ish
Old 02-02-2003, 09:25 AM   #2  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

WAY TO GO ZOE!! You've done a wonderful job! This is CJ from The Thin Group and I just wanted to say hello and congrats on your success! And you're going on a cruise? How great is that! You will have a ball - We went on a cruise in 98 and it was so great! Yes, there is always food available, but, there is so much stuff to do - it's not the main thing! Just take a little of each thing .. remember, you will be doing a lot of walking around too, when you dock at different ports. Just be careful of "chocolate" nite if you are a chocoholic - lol. Oh, it's going to be a glorious time for you, you will love every minute of it. And, you should not worry about gaining - just have small amounts and enjoy! Enjoy! Have a wonderful cruise!

Love, CJ
Old 02-03-2003, 04:29 PM   #3  

Hey Zoe,
How wonderful that this time has been soooooo successful for you. I'm well on my way to getting back to my goal of 145. I've lost 29.6 since rejoining in May. My buddy from my meeting just came back from a cruise. She too was very nervous because she just became a lifetime member. Here's what she did. She never took the elevator. Walking the steps was a big help. She went to the gym 3 times during the trip. She said it gave her a break from her family and allowed her to concentrate on herself for an hour. Don't forget to drink your water and most of all, don't forget that you don't go on a cruise every week. We are all humans and deserve to enjoy ourselves. My friend came back gaining 1.8 and was thrilled. She thought it would be more but after talking to all of us she realized all the good things she was doing. How many people can go on a cruise and gain under 2 pounds. Have a great trip!
Old 02-06-2003, 10:42 AM   #4  
Getting better every day!

Zoe-
Congrats on your success so far, and I hope you have a great time on your cruise! I have never been on a cruise, but would love to go. My husband suffers terribly from motion sickness, and doesn't care to EVER entertain the idea.
Anyway, a tip I learned at one of my meetings-before you go, decide what level of Weight Watcher you will be:
One: The very best WW ever-no straying from the program at all, very stringent, strict journaling and never go over your points.
Two: Stick to the program, but allow yourself some indulgences as well, and journal everything-be aware of your points, even though you may go over a little
Three: Don't care, don't journal anything, do whatever you want and deal with the consequences later.
These were helpful hints when the holidays happened. Unfortunately, I was a number 3 for too many days over the holidays and so I continue on my journey of weight loss. Usually, I am between a 1 and a 2. You will find your place too!
Best of luck to you and have fun!!!
Old 02-06-2003, 11:24 AM   #5  

Zoe:
Great job! I'm new on this board and your topic immediately caught my eye. I've been OP since May and am 5 lbs from goal. I find it is harder now than ever since I'm so close and look and feel great. It is hard to stay motivated isn't it? You got some GREAT advice from the other folks. I can only reiterate that journaling EVERYTHING and taking advantage of the exercise opportunities on the ship will be the key. Even if your points are over you will be aware of overeating and do less of it. If you gain a pound or two, so what? You KNOW what you need to do to take it off again and that knowledge is power.
Old 02-06-2003, 09:42 PM   #6  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone ~ Thanks so much for your responses. I'm still somewhat nervous about being on vacation, especially a cruise now but I have been giving it some thought and have decided that even THIN, "I can eat anything" people gain a few pounds when they're on vacation so I will be one of the normal ones if that happens.

CJ ~ Hey girl, great to hear from you again. I too am a chocoholic and with all the desserts on cruises, I am stressing. Ha.

PTAPrez ~ I suppose you're a PTA pres, huh? I was too. Congrats on your success. I am hoping to be the same as your friend, only gaining a pound or 2.

djp1959 ~ thanks for the tips. I sure hope I can be somewhere between #1 and #2.

grlzmom ~ Thanks for your pat on the back and advise. And WTG on being so close to goal. We'll make, I know we will.

Thanks again to all of you. I leave day after tomorrow and I'm so excited. I'll remember all your advise while I'm gone.

bye
Zoe <><
Closed Thread