Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-25-2011, 03:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 177.7/150.8/132

Smile I wanna be less, because I want more :)

Hi everyone!

First of all, I'm very happy to have found the forum! I always knew I wasn't alone, but I've actually never had any form of support when it comes to weight loss, so I'm really glad to able to be a part of the community!

I'm new here, so I have no idea what to expect

I just got some info down on another part of the forum, but here is the short version:

I've always been chubby, but actually only got very heavy in university, bad food habits (all my life, I grew up thinking you could eat as much food as you want, except cake/chocolate) and I didn't do much exercise.

When I did do exercise (gym, water-polo, yoga) I did lose weight and I looked pretty good! But then I studied abroad and gained about 10kg/22lbs in 6 months, and from there on... It just kept on piling slowly. I've been in Japan for 2.5 years and I've gained 6kg/13lbs during this time.

Anyway, I am not someone who actually complains much, I don't comfort eat, I just get on with stuff, and it kills me that my weight is the only issue in my life which I cannot seem to resolve... I have decided the time has come!

I'm very ashamed of my body, I've actually been embarrassed to exercise and join gym classes because of this, in Japan women are extremely thin, anything over 60 is a disaster... So I need to embrace my weight problem and gain more confidence to actually fix it.

I think the first thing to realize is my true size and how disproportionate my body has become, how this affects my health, job, social life and overall psychologically... Diminishing my self esteem. Anyway, I hate the way I look, but I need to get over that, so I'm attaching a pic! Granted the clothes are very unflattering, but that ensemble would look great on someone thinner, LOL.

I'll be counting on you to help me through with tips, motivation and what not, you can count on me to do the same

Actually, I'd love to get some diet support buddies, but I think that's an issue for another thread!

I'll keep you posted
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0294.jpg (38.2 KB, 21 views)
nevaeh1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:54 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC

You definitely aren't alone! We're all here just taking it one day at a time and making healthier choices. Glad to have you join us on your journey.

Hope to see you around the boards!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 241/ 217/ 150

Welcome! I am also as new as you are, and I'm learning about these boards as we speak. I think it will be a useful tool in my quest-- it's time to do something about my obnoxiously large body. Good luck to you! If you need an accountability person, let me know!
YAYJules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 02:32 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 177.7/150.8/132

Just weighed myself... 80.6kg/177lbs :s This isn't actually my peak weight, about a year ago I was around 86.5kg/190! Anyway... Let the games begin!

YAYJules: I'd love an accountability person, we can keep each other going

Off to my exercise now! See you!
Attached Images
File Type: png weight.png (6.9 KB, 2 views)
nevaeh1984 is offline   Reply With Quote