South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 09-16-2011, 06:11 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Beach Chat - Friday, September 16

Good morning. Another early start for me, darn it. I need to get back to sleeping in until after six!

Yesterday started out with rain but turned into a glorious fall day by noon. I got yet more tomatoes dried but the pears are still sitting in their basket. I'll tackle them today before Donna comes to clean - she bailed on me yesterday because of a sick grandchild.

Big weekend ahead starting at seven tonight when a local poet will be reading from his newest book at our old Town Hall. (This was formerly the museum associated with the Mill but is now going to be used as a meeting space for the Village.) Tomorrow is "Open Doors" when historic homes and buildings are open for tours and it's also the Lyndhurst Turkey Fair. That's a fall festival in the next Village with quilt displays, foodie stuff, vendors, a turkey lunch, contests, etc., bringing back the days when farmers took their turkeys there every year. Then I am going to a birthday Fish Fry at my friend Barb's place - she's a displaced Maritimer.

Right now, I am going to get it in gear, have breakfast and then tackle some accounting before Donna gets here.

What's happening on your TGIF?
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Ruth. Sounds like you're having a busy day and weekend (I'm not surprised!), I hope you enjoy it!

I was all excited...today is my day off (I have a 3 day weekend every other month). But I have too much to do! I told the kids I was going to drop them off so they can sleep later, and I was supposed to meet a friend for breakfast, but she bailed on me ...so instead I'll get a run in. The to the mechanic, groceries, lunch with hubbie to plan some discipline for DS , pack the kids and necessities. Uh-oh, get the animal stuff ready for the neighbor, drop the sick one off at work. No wonder I couldn't get back to sleep this morning, I kept remembering more things to do (and probably promptly forgot them...).

But, the ham and bean soup was DELISH yesterday and hit the spot with this cold front that went thru. And very filling too! I think I'll bring the pot with to warm up (we rented a "primitive" cabin that has electricity, but no running water).

Hope everyone has a great day and weekend. No internet for me!

after reading yesterday's posts -

On the granola...YES, I have a problem snacking on it! I made it very plain, no berries, nuts, etc. so that it wouldn't be even worse. We'll see how it goes. I do enjoy it with my smoothies (and it holds me over better) and the better stuff at the store is ridiculously priced.

Chelby - I just googled that drug....I'm with you, hesitant. I think I'd politely decline unless it was a resort later on. Have you found your appetite decreasing with your SBD like diet?

Last edited by TwynnB; 09-16-2011 at 06:37 AM.
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Goooooooood Friday morning, Chickies!

Ruth, I recall seeing those ads for the Lyndhurst Turkey Fair. It all sounds like a very fun weekend and interesting weekend. I'd love to tour those old homes and buildings and hear all about their history.

We're enjoying a chilly, but clear, morning here. I have some grocery shopping to do, and while I'm out, I'm going to take my laptop to The Geek Squad and have them help me figure out why I can't send or reply to my email. It's been pretty frustrating, this past week. I can receive and read email, just can't do anything else with it.

The rest of the day is just ho-hum stuff, cleaning and laundry, and little Tyler is coming over after lunch to spend an hour entertaining me while Mommy runs some errands. I must remember to put the beach chairs in the car for tomorrow, and get the cooler ready, too!

Twynn, your day "off" sounds pretty much like mine. Sometimes it seems I just spend my entire day just trying to catch up on things! You all have a great weekend of camping; it should be a nice weekend for it!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 09-16-2011 at 06:39 AM.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:47 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I started another post but the cats reminded me I hadn't fed them yet. Oops

Ruth - Up at 5 around here too, what fun. Sounds like a busy but fun weekend.

Twynn - Happy camping! We've been checking out some of those little cabins in the VT state parks. They would be perfect for fall camping. I don't mind the sleeping part but really hate getting out of my sleeping bag this time of year! I love reading about your camping adventures, reminds me of when DD was young and we went just about every other weekend as long as we could. Enjoy!

Cottage - I'm soooo jealous of your Cape May trip. Check out some birds for me if you have time One of these days DW and I will make the pilgrimage for migration. This time of year I'm more tempted by Hawk Mountain in PA.

I was very distressed this morning to see a hard freeze warning for tonight. How did that happen? I guess all the tomatoes, basil and summer squash need to come out today. Any experienced butternut growers know how that will handle the cold snap? I have 3 squash still turning and hate to take them if I don't have to. I'm pretty sure I got the last of the zucchini from the farm stand yesterday. I also picked up a bag of yellow and red peppers to roast on the grill and freeze (thanks Debbie!).

I finally got to my first industrial cleaning project yesterday. Wow, I can really tell that I've been busy because the deep cleaning stuff was not good. DW's surgery is scheduled for 10/17 so I plan to have every nook and cranny of this house thoroughly cleaned before that.

Speaking of chores, guess it's time to get that list made and make my smoothie. Happy Friday everyone

Last edited by CyndiM; 09-16-2011 at 06:48 AM.
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 07:04 AM   #5  

Cyndi, the Amish farmers around here just throw some old quilts or heavy blankets over their plants if an early freeze is threatening them. Boy, I'm not ready to hear about hard frosts yet. It seems this was the shortest summer, ever! I'll keep my eyes open for any special birds in Cape May. We usually take a walk by the bird sanctuary, as it's right near our "spot." And Hawk Mt. is fantastic! You absolutely MUST plan a trip there.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:27 AM   #6  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Friday! WooHoo!!! AND the new boss is OUT today! Yay!

Ruth, You make me sound lazy.

Twynn, My diet is actually really great. I'm not hungry or craving anything. The weight is coming off s..l..o..w..l..y....

Cyndi, The high here yesterday was 68 and I froze my tushie off.

Cottage, Have fun camping!

The county fair is in town this weekend. Hopefully, I can take Auston. He loves riding rides! We are having beautiful fall weather, too. You Northern Chickies would probably call it summer weather. Mid 70s and sunny today. Yay!

My coworker gave me a beautiful bowl of homemade pesto. It's delightful with pasta, of course. How would you use it on our WOE?
Chelby29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:03 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. Friday! I have to really work to remember what day it is now that we have no on in the house who goes to school or a job!

Angie - He goes to USC.

Ruth - Sounds like a fun weekend.

Twynn - No running water! Enjoy your day and weekend.

Linda - I wish I understood the technical stuff. I always rely on my husband and he can do a lot, but not everything.

Cyndi - I always look forward to a hard freeze since I'm not a gardener and it kills the ragweed Ours is usually October sometime.

Chelby - I am sure I have tried pesto with spaghetti squash. I wonder if I found a recipe on here.

DH and I walked to get our flu shots yesterday. My toes and hands were cold! Arm is sore but not as bad as in the past. Talked with both boys yesterday which is always nice. Oldest went to a career fair and was intrigued with a few companies. Fingers crossed. Youngest is really keeping long hours with his frat pledge antics. Slept through his alarm and missed a deadline to turn in a project. Sigh.

Working out with my mom today. Then errands. Then I need to go through my clothes to see if I have anything that might suit (and fit me) an event that is "creative cocktail" attire, coming up next month. Wonder what that means!

Have a great day
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:06 AM   #8  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning,

Heading to the White House today so no time for individuals...coffee to go Have a great Friday all!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:17 AM   #9  

Chelby, it's Twynn that's going camping this weekend, not me! I'm going to Cape May, which is on the Jersey shore. Your pesto is lovely in pasta, and spread on tomatoes or most any other veggie, and as a sandwich spread, too. It's very versatile and can be added to most anything. A spoonful mixed into a cup of plain yogurt makes a yummy dip. Enjoy!

Karen, that technical stuff really confuses me, too. When I click on "help", I can't understand most of what they're instructing me to do. But I did figure out that if I go into IE to access my email, it will allow me to compose and send out. So I'll just use IE for my email.

Jenne, say "HI!" to the president for me!
Old 09-16-2011, 09:35 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

Chelby - I have been putting pesto on salmon, it's delish! There's also a great reicipe on the kalyn's kitchen website for pesto baked chicken that looks awesome!

Morning all, nothing too interesting here. Unlike most of you, I've been sleeping LATER than usual...woke up at 8 this morning! Maybe it is the darker mornings. I work 11 - 8 today, and then off for the weekend! It rarely works out for me to take the whole weekend off! Chessa (a chef) got the whole weekend off too, so it should be a fun couple days. We have some of the regular chores to do, but will also go to the farmer's market, the movies, and do some other fun things.

SBD-wise, I have been struggling to start eating P2 foods. We did fine the first night, but I didn't have anything P2 yesterday. Is it typical that there are just days where you don't have any p2 foods? Is there anything fundamentally wrong with that? I know that when I am home at night cooking meals it is very likely I will eat p2 foods, but when I am at work the menu is much easier to keep p1 than to make p2. We don't have things like sweet potatoes, brown rice, squash, etc. So it's easier for me to stick to salads with tuna/salmon/chicken, etc.

Have a great day all! Have fun, campers and weekend travelers.
southmplsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:23 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Sleep was erratic last night...I'm catching a little cold or something. Drat. Once I did get up it was time to finish the little cap/gloves knitted set that needs to get in the mail for the new one who is coming soon in Alaska. Off to Denver with mom, which is happening very soon...she has a meeting and I'll run her other errands in between.

Angie, I started bike riding 5 years ago but bought this new bike almost 2 years ago in late November. It's much nicer than I would ever thought of having but it was on super duper sale. I put a cyclometer on it right away to track mileage....unfortunately I have 7 months a year where it doesn't get much action due to weather. Regarding P1 P2 foods, I often have days when my foods are more P1. Like you were saying it depends on the schedule and availability of certain foods if I'm out somewhere.

Food was erratic yesterday, but P1 friendly. I had extra nuts in the afternoon then went to bed w/o dinner...didn't feel like much other than rest.

everyone! I've got to run!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:37 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone. I'm starting South Beach as soon as I move to my new place. I am ready to make even more gains with the weight.
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:27 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Happy Friday everyone and back to work I go
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote